• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] enfjs do you ever....?

chado

MBTI Type
infp
enfjs do you ever get scared by your own people skills and manipulation abilities?,if i was an enfj i would,tho enfjs rarely show it,even in hard situations,when they do it actualy scares me,like im litteraly afraid of this one enfj guy,hes probably a sociopath,so uses manipulation,more than a healthy person would,and his ability liiteraly scared me away...anyways do you enfjs ever get scared by your own abilities,or psush away that side of you?

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
to be honest I would be impressed by myself (if I`m in that bad character of ENFJ) because basically a sociopath doesn`t think straight logic.
but for A HEALTHY ENFJ I would call it persuasive , and I tend to do that with slight awareness to let people make up their mind in the presence of great pressure , and the final result is : they have a strong opinion in that matter . so answering your Q ,YES , at least for some ENFJs , we use it carefully.
and as you said he is probably an unhealthy or narrow minded one , and when being around him be in your full mind :rly???:.

valdeere

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I am not afraid of my "ultimate cosmic power" as I refer to it but it IS amazing to see it at work, the reactions of others sometimes. I should have been a salesperson, but I hate that kind of thing LOL.

I don't consider myself to be a manipulator, but like AStrange-Nostalgia said, I'm more of a persuader, I convince people - not all of them though.

But I have found that if I amend my presentation to their type, a little more objectively for the thinkers, so that it makes sense in a more digestible fashion, then it can work, too. I'm talking about business. But I suppose if I did not care so much about the feelings of others, this power could be used for evil purposes, I hadn't thought about that.

Nom

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't manipulate anyone on purpose, nor do I usually really ever intend to. But I was called an information-pervert once, which may have to do with my strong desire to figure things out. And because of this trait, I tend to pressure people into a corner very subtly with words to get answers out of them.
I don't do this in a harmful way. I just do it out of the desire to understand.
Some people might dislike ENFJs for being so up and about their business. But that might be because we can't help but find ourselves reading into people's intentions and mindsets so we can better understand them.
Personally, I do it because thats how I make sense of the world and how I find the place where I can fit into and be of help/contribution. I don't think this is manipulative in the sense where I'm crafting the way people respond to me or changing them in anyway. I don't change people nor do I wish to, but I love providing ideas on improvement. I love seeing people becoming better versions of themselves. It's up to people whether they take any of my suggestions.

Eucal

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
It was first with the discovery of MBTI that I even knew I acted differently from others in the sense of being sensitive to reactions of others and adjusting myself to that in different ways. I just thought that that is a form of adaption/communication that most people did. It never occured to me that that could be taken as a form of manipulation. As a result, it is only now after I have the knowledge that not many people are doing it that I have become a bit puzzled (rather than scared) as to WHY I am doing it. For me, I think it is a way of connecting with others rather than using them for my purpose (I dont have a purpose that is connected to individual communications anyway. More a huge ideal to live up to/aspire to), but I haven't reflected on it much to be honest. It has never occured to me that I could use it against someone else - and I definitely do not want to.