• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's Attracted to SJ Types?

Finite Fusion

ESxJs have auxiliary Si and tertiary Ne and ISxPs have auxiliary Se and tertiary Ni. They are really not all that much less “intuitive” than INxPs or ENxJs.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see no problem in that , e.g :ENFJ and ISFJ have great chemistry my friend IRL is ISFJ and I don't feel more comfortable with any other personality and I know married couples from real life who could never find a better one to understand them.
but I don't know about other compilations .:thinking:
P.S : I don't know about inner life or deep relationships of coubles. but my friendship experience is quite good.

Last edited:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I often find myself surrounded by NTPs rather than SJs. XD I don't mind SJs but we struggle at times. particularly xSTJs. Of course I am an ENFP so maybe I am different here. XD

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I haven't any personal experience. I can provide a resource. The following information comes from Please Understand Me II by David Keirsey, 1998. The first book Please Understand Me was written by an NT, Professor David Keirsey and Bates and was a two million copy best seller. In addition it was a required reading textbook at two universities I went to. According to this resource 'SJ' 'Guardians' have trouble sharing the rich inner lives of 'NF' 'Idealists', and can disappoint their NF mates' deep longing for soulful bonding and romantic sexuality. As a result the SJ can feel unappreciated. On average SJ Guardians seem to mate most successfully with SP Artisans.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't mind SJs but we struggle at times. particularly xSTJs. Of course I am an ENFP so maybe I am different here. XD
It's also true for me, ENFJ, I know 2 ESTJs who are close to me and I don't get along well with them even though I like them, I struggle to be in harmony with them.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SJ types can be cool but it depends on the person. I may find I have differences with SJs, some of them are huge differences that make it hard to communicate. I do like their sense of humor as well as their ability to be directly in the moment. It can be hit or miss. There are some cases where it is miss at first but I learn to get along with them. Once we do find some common ground, they make good friends. When I do find common ground, we learn from each other's strengths. I remember there was an ISTJ guy who I was attracted to but I know it wouldn't have worked out. I am generally more attracted to ENTPs based on my experience but I don't limit it to one type.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[ BARGES IN ] DID SOMEONE SAY SJ?!?!

There are various SJs though. There are SJs who are not loyal, or who aren't stable partners. There are SJs who sleep around. There are SFJs who are selfish.