• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do NTs get underneath your skin???

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When they link you footage of a young man collapsing to his death on a soccer field with no fair warning thinking that you will not find such an image hauntingly and disturbingly disconcerting.

:sad:

I don't need to actually see a puppy getting beaten to death to know that some puppies get sadly beaten to death.

I have a vivid and at times morbid imagination, I don't need actual images to fortify what are some of the horrific truths about life.

heart

heart on fire
I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not. If I did, forgive me for repeating.

My father was NT and he would relate with me to get in touch with his feeling side, when it was haunting him and I assume talking to me helped him with this, it seemed to and he sought me out time and time again to do so.

But then he'd turn around and belittle my feeling nature and not see it of any value. This really gets under my skin. I always respected his intelligence and the value that interacting with his thinking side gave to me. I tried to show this appreciation and respect to him in ways that he needed. I tried not to burden him with overemotionalism or vague thinking, tried to admit when I was being overemotional. He refused to meet me half way by valuing what I am, even though what I am was often a comfort to him when he needed to relate to someone.

This notion that feeling is useless, inferior and yet coming time and time again to drink at the well of feeling. It's hypocritical.

Evi

MBTI Type
INFJ
NTs stuck in one place together = 'Lord of the Flies'. NFs stuck in one place together = awesome rave at Zion in 'Matrix Reloaded'. That is all.

HA!!

I agree with Peguy. I refuse to argue/talk about subjects such as religion, politics and morals with a certain NT because, she always plows ahead with her own flawed logic, outdated and often bad information, refuses to really listen and is hell bent on getting me to agree with her. ARGGG!

I wonder if my Mom is an NT or at lest a T and definitely a very unhealthy one no matter what she is. Actually I'm not really sure if she has a type, she had multiple personality/Dissociative Identity Disorder until recently and I'm not completely convinced that she's better. Anyway arguing with my mother is hell and the only way to every end an augment (she'll keep going forever, I'm not exaggerating, she never gives up and then she holds a grudge beyond that) is to pretend you agree with her. Not very healthy, but often there's nothing else you can do, because she can't let it go.

I like this thread to, it's amusing.

S

Sniffles

INTJs get on my nerves when they start this bullshit of trying to merely undermine your belief in something, often because they lack an actual counter-argument. And then they just have to drag the discussion on indefinatively, just looking for any little thing to nitpick. :rolli:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
INTJs get on my nerves when they start this bullshit of trying to merely undermine your belief in something, often because they lack an actual counter-argument. And then they just have to drag the discussion on indefinatively, just looking for any little thing to nitpick. :rolli:

:steam: Yeah, ARR! I know what you mean.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
NT's think that just because they approach things in a rational way that their approach is rational. Sure, an NT can be pretty smart, but frankly most are pseudo-intellectual mac-users. They should enjoy not having friends. :3

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
NT's think that just because they approach things in a rational way that their approach is rational. Sure, an NT can be pretty smart, but frankly most are pseudo-intellectual mac-users. They should enjoy not having friends. :3
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

:D

P.S. Your avatar is full of win. :yes:

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
When they link you footage of a young man collapsing to his death on a soccer field with no fair warning thinking that you will not find such an image hauntingly and disturbingly disconcerting.

I don't need to actually see a puppy getting beaten to death to know that some puppies get sadly beaten to death.

I have a vivid and at times morbid imagination, I don't need actual images to fortify what are some of the horrific truths about life.

Absolutely. For anyone who doesn't understand why we have an Ignore feature or a Graveyard, this is the reason.

elementaltale

MBTI Type
INFP
What irriates me about NT's.

They have to be right even if it means violating their own standards of logic to do it (which they do ALL of the time.)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
okay, i was gonna bitch ... but lets just say a prayer (I'm thinking "tonglen") for those of them, who are for years or a lifetime lost in their particular mental illusion, completely disconnected :jew:

really, the only way not to kill them is to love them.

i mean, its a matter of being strong or victimizing myself by fearing that anyones lost path could turn into the mighty stream that can destroy me and all i love. even if it can.

Last edited:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with Heart. I had a similar experience in my childhood, and still have this happen to me today. I don't understand why we have to respect their intelligence (and I so do, I find it very appealing) when they cannot respect or see the value in what we bring to the table.

Its interesting that an NT is supposedly good at the logic part and at the emotions part (as they don't let those out of their cage and therefore think they have better control over them).

Its also interesting to see what kinda mess some turn out to be when they encounter that big problem in life called 'LOVE' as you cannot reason your way out of this one. Some avoid it, others get hopelessly stuck and come out resenting love all together and become avoiders and some are lucky enough to fall for someone who will gladly help them out and actually has the necessary skills.

This all being said, this is a minority and the balanced ones are able to see the value we bring and appreciate us for it, as well as able to not fully repress their own feelings and value them which often makes them quite capable at the big thing called Love or quite adorable as they know they need help and will ask. And that is much appreciated :hug:

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Endlessly arguing over inconsequential, pedantic bullshit.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
How about knowing exactly where a person's buttons are and getting satisfaction when they're all pushed at once?

Antreus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/2
a lot don't but some really do. here's one that pisses me off:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-private-forum/9663-why-all-nfs-jealous-nts-2.html#post361653

they think they understand everything when at the end of the day they are the most socially inept group of them all. surely that's a sign.

Because all feelers know they are at the mercy of their passions.

In the words of Anatole France, life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think. (paraphrasing)

What this NT is demonstrating is his ineptitude to realize that comedy and tragedy are in actuality the same thing. This is what an NT said to me once when I myself made mention of that quote. He also said there are advantages to having feelings outright when I myself stated be glad your not emotional. If that isn't a parlance I don't know what is. It was very forthright and to the point.

I generally feel very safe and secure around an NT.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whenever I'm around an ENTP I feel like an inferior human being due to the fact that they like to debate, and usually sound correct whenever they argue back. Their style of joking around from what I've seen of the type IRL and online also very much gets under my skin. Otherwise NTs don't really get under my skin, I guess I need to get some tougher skin for ENTPs.

How about knowing exactly where a person's buttons are and getting satisfaction when they're all pushed at once?

I'd like to know the reason behind liking pushing people's buttons? This seems to be what I observe in the ENTPs I have debated with, they know exactly what to say to get an emotional response out of someone, how to strike someone deep.