• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do NTs get underneath your skin???

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In a similar yet inverted way that other NFs do...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So who do you guys think would be most NF of our NFs? Who is a great example of each type?

Because, there is a lot of concentration on the unhealthy aspects of being a feeler... but who reps feeling in the right way?

We need role models. We need to be proud of our NF types.

Not me. :devil: I'm a silly sausage who likes to just be crazy for the hell of it. :D

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
`
I think they can be utterly obnoxious and pompous and intellectually rigid to the point of sheer absurdity.

Surely, I am not the only one who has had difficulties with NTs, please share your frustrations here.

:)
By allowing them to. Mine is playful but if I'm not in a good mood his playfulness can get to me. One way to get at them is through sex. ;P

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So who do you guys think would be most NF of our NFs? Who is a great example of each type?

Because, there is a lot of concentration on the unhealthy aspects of being a feeler... but who reps feeling in the right way?

We need role models. We need to be proud of our NF types.

This is a whole nother thread.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Damn it, look, this is the NTs at "Why are all the NFs jealous of the NTs?"

Because we start the best threads.

Because we can stay on topic and make connections with others simultaneously.

Feeling in the service of thought is more powerful than feeling alone.

Because we know how to debate, and can thus crush other NTs in ways they can't.

Because we understand things, instead of simply "liking" or "disliking" them.

Because all feelers know they are at the mercy of their passions.

Because they look up to us in the same way a would-be sacrificial virgin will look up to her savior.

Because we don't cry when we hurt a stranger's feelings on the internet.

Precisely because we DON'T need the approval of others.

Because our private forum kicks ass, and theirs, well, I'm not even sure they have one. Last I checked it was overrun by unicorns and lanyards.

Because to us, "Being a man" doesn't mean "Being a little girl about everything, sobbing in the corner, and wondering why everything's so 'fucked up.'"

Because there is no T in "Fail."

Now, tell me, do you see a difference? Ok, it's this:

Because NFs can't even insult properly. I feel flattered by half their attempts and unfazed or amused by most of the rest. When we insult, we make it stick. We - say it with me - get under your skin.

People, you need to try more! Otherwise we be their biatches forevah.

V

violaine

Hahahahaha!!!! Check it out!!!! Check it out!!!!!!!

LOL I love NTs - so predictable it hurts!!!!!!! :D

I knew it - I just *knew* it!!!!! :devil:

Take a look at them getting all personal. You say something in a jovial fashion, and they go apeshit. If they say something five times worse and insulting and we take it personally, they say, "Whhaaaaa learn how to take a joke." Which reminds me of this weird double standard some NTs have. :rolli:

Haha, so funny! Which reminds me, they think we take all of this seriously :laugh:

But yeah. NTs are sexy. Can we have a thread for that too?

That is what every other thread about NTs an NF posts in devolves into!

By allowing them to. Mine is playful but if I'm not in a good mood his playfulness can get to me. One way to get at them is through sex. ;P

Sometimes I'm not in the mood for MST3K ;) (ok it's rare cos I :heart: them). Pfft, we pwn them in relationships. I find their complete cluelessness in a relationship to be quite cute though, aww *ruffles lil NTs hair*. Gawd I love those hawt, clueless nerds :laugh:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
(oh yeah, did we even state the obvious? That NFs are not jealous of NTs?)

Yeah, the fact that we didn't is just the proof they need to point out that we are not logical, systematic or pragmatic.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha, so funny! Which reminds me, they think we take all of this seriously :laugh:

That is what every other thread about NTs an NF posts in devolves to!

Sometimes I'm not in the mood for MST3K ;) (ok it's rare cos I :heart: them). Pfft, we pwn them in relationships.

I know right? :laugh:

I find their complete cluelessness in a relationship to be quite cute though, aww *ruffles lil NTs hair*. Gawd I love those hawt, clueless nerds :laugh:

Ditto. :wubbie: Despite their tendency to be asses. They can be hella sweet.:heart:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
GROUP HUG!!!!

:hug:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I've never felt so much NF camaraderie in my life, well, well, I think I'm gonna :cry:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This thread smacks of irony. :(

Then again, I'm not surprised the creation of private forums has led to this sort of thing (read: ganging up on a type with such audacity because that type cannot fight back, ie. bullying).

I'm disappointed when these kinds of threads show up in both the NF and NT forums (or any forum for that matter). I got away from INTPc because of this kind of bullying. I would hope that this attitude does not continue to manifest itself throughout the community.

I'm just not sure whether I should consider this kind of goofing around harmless or not. It seems an awful lot like gossip.

To answer the question, they don't. That I might take something anyone says personally when the situation doesn't call for it is my problem. Which simply means I let people underneath my skin, but I don't think the majority of people intend to wind up there. I do feel bad for letting them in...it's not a very pleasant place to be, it makes the situation awkward, and causes unneccessary apologising and annoyance.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kyrielle, look at my post.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not surprised the creation of private forums has led to this sort of thing (read: ganging up on a type with such audacity because that type cannot fight back, ie. bullying).

Ah, it is just venting and jokes. I actually feel quite good about both of these threads. It isn't personal (at least here, no one pointed out just one person to pick). I think this is a lot better than the Bluewing type of threads.

And, besides, if the people here would like to exclude others, they would go to INTPc, INFJc, INXXc or whatever...

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Kyrielle, look at my post.

Took me a moment to find it it was so subtle. Well played.

Edit: Been thinking about this post. I think I'm being hypocritical here. Hmm. I don't know I'm not sure if that comment is helping things either.