• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do NTs get underneath your skin???

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lol, notice how we hedge our posts and they don't.

It is like we are acutely aware of their inherent insecurities.

I love me myself some NT peoples, especially my NT women ;) ;) but they should learn to take some constructive criticism.

Ironically, it's almost as if they are *more* sensitive than we are.

:huh:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I love me myself some NT peoples, especially my NT women ;) ;) but they should learn to take some constructive criticism.

I've noticed this as well.

Perhaps they just don't know how to deal with the feelings because they are not 'used' to them or it's not a 'dominant' function?

In some ways, I think it is better to be an NF with a relatively strong T than an NT with a relatively strong/weak F. (Eh, I think I need some sleep, that made no sense at ALL).

But again, I don't want to make blanket statements - I mean: I'm just referring to the maladjusted ones, not everyone.

V

violaine

Yup, that's why it's hard to point out their flaws. EDIT: Of course we still love/respect the deserving ones, we're waaay more tolerant.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To be fair, though, maladjusted people of all types can drive you batty, not just NTs, I think....

We shouldn't harp on the guys. :D But sometimes it's just so fun to harp on the one or two crazy ones. :devil:

Oops, did I say that out loud???

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Us: Nice guys.

Them: Bad guys.

C'mon, let's just be real, that's how the division breaks.

:)

^The above smiley is dedicated, with love, to ajblaise!!!

V

violaine

Aww we're too nice about this, I knew we would suck at this...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
NF tip for irritating NTs #2: use "literally" as a general intensifier.
:azdaja:

Stop soundin' soooo smert!!!

You're an NF, and an INFP at that, so with all due respect, put that dormant Te back in the dusty closet where it belongs!!!

Yours truly,

Mr. INTPenis

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Honestly it's all the putting down of the INFP's that pisses me off the most, out of all the NF types they seem to enjoy dismissing my type as the worst one, of course that's going to get under my skin.

Hah and even now with a thread created by someone else for just this purpose I still can't give full vent to all my thoughts and feelings because I'm NF, and don't want to hurt anybodies *feelings* :shock:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
:azdaja:

Stop soundin' soooo smert!!!

You're an NF, and an INFP at that, so with all due respect, put that dormant Te back in the dusty closet where it belongs!!!

Yours truly,

Mr. INTPenis

My apologies. I explode with regret.

Literally.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Especially since we are all allowed to read the damn things. The only thing we can't do is post in them. It just means we read them here, and the post our typical complaints in a near by forum. That's what really makes it silly.

That what makes it fun! :devil:

Oh, I like this thread, very much!!!

Gee, this thread sure is therapeutic!!!

:yes:

The most annoying thing is that some of them never, never, NEVER try to see the subject from your perspective. It's like, some while ago I started a thread that proved to be very flammable. My point was to "explore the possibilities for future" and bunch of NTs came in and tried to convince me why it was stupid to explore them. I mean, what the fuck?

Then there are some NTs who use language that I can't understand. It's annoying. If they really are so smart, they should be able to be smart with simple words also. It seems like they want to hide something behind those fancy words... And it seems like they are full of themselves. (Actually I think my room mate is NT and we have this same problem in different form. We start debating about something, and after half an hour we realize that we were talking about two different things all along. That's kinda funny... It happens almost every time we debate.)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Hah and even now with a thread created by someone else for just this purpose I still can't give full vent to all my thoughts and feelings because I'm NF, and don't want to hurt anybodies *feelings* :shock:

Thats ok, they don't have feelings. :smile:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The NTs that have managed to get under my skin don't anymore.

Once you figure out someone's ways, you just yawn with one hand and block with the other.

V

violaine

NTs stuck in one place together = 'Lord of the Flies'. NFs stuck in one place together = awesome rave at Zion in 'Matrix Reloaded'. That is all.

V

violaine

Hehe, so that's where you were? I looked everywhere for you! It was kinda embarrassing when I walked in on Neo and Trinity...

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I'd feel embarrassed too if I walked into someones apartment like that in the middle of night. And you know I told you to come hang out at the engineering level. We were swimming all night in the water purification pool... Beats the rave, that's for sure...

V

violaine

Hey, I heard noises, it kinda sounded like you, I was just checking :popc1: