• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do NTs get underneath your skin???

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
`
I think they can be utterly obnoxious and pompous and intellectually rigid to the point of sheer absurdity.

Surely, I am not the only one who has had difficulties with NTs, please share your frustrations here.

:)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Y'all can't post, SUCKAS!!!!!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
A few things that get underneath my skin about NTs:

- NTs are ALWAYS right!!! (And don't you forget it).

:rolli:

- Your feelings are often ridiculous or unjustified in their eyes.

:rolli:

- Um, they can be rude and harsh without knowing it, like, hey buddy, that's my heart you just ripped out of my ribcage, slow down on the insults.

- Stubborn, STUBBORN, SO VERY STUBBORN!!!

- Tendency to be dishonest about their feelings, make you jump through hoops because, well I don't know why.

Oh, I like this thread, very much!!!

:yes:

V

violaine

GD them they do. And now one of them has sullied our sanctuary, but apparently we have the unicorns and lollipops and the hawt menz and womenz so it's all good :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
I think we need to get back on track here. :devil:

They create arrogant threads stereotyping NFs

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I understand how its supposed to work in theory. For example, if a serious thread wanted to discuss only NF specific beliefs/attitudes/actions, it could quickly be derailed by NTs,SPs, and SJs asking questions about why we are the way we are. I just didn't see any harm in what you did specifically, seeing as this thread is mainly for the lulz.
GODDAMMIT, MEN AND WOMEN!!!

Stop being so nice and v-e-n-t!

We let them, (not all of them ;) ) and their asshole selves get away with their asshole ways.

Gah, and lol, it's not like they have feelings in the first place.

They can be meanies and too often we let them get away with it because we are too understanding by nature.

Lol, like I feel juvenile for even posting this response, (which is yet another NF psychological mechanism restricting us from not being assholes) so I shall ignore it and consciously try!!!

Damn those stubborn and mean NTs, damn them to hell!!!

:)

You nice and mentally agile NTs... :smooch: I've got nothin' but love for ya'!!

V

violaine

(omg this is hard to do - yes usual disclaimers, not the cool NTs)... cos they *have* to be right, if they're not right their entire world comes tumbling down, lol. I offhandedly remarked to an NT friend that he was right about something, we weren't even arguing any point... gawd he started salivating over it, "yeah, just tell me I'm right, that's what I like to hear". :rolleyes:

Also, they do have feelings, they're just so uncomfortable with them... we all know this (feeling deficit or not), which leads to drama, NT style!

*sigh* I feel bad pointing out their obvious flaws, but sometimes I wonder if they even see it (another flaw haha :devil:).

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
(omg this is hard to do - yes usual disclaimers, not the cool NTs)... cos they *have* to be right, if they're not right their entire world comes tumbling down, lol. I offhandedly remarked to an NT friend that he was right about something, we weren't even arguing any point... gawd he started salivating over it, "yeah, just tell me I'm right, that's what I like to hear". :rolleyes:

Also, they do have feelings, they're just so uncomfortable with them... we all know this (feeling deficit or not), which leads to drama, NT style!

*sigh* I feel bad pointing out their obvious flaws, but sometimes I wonder if they even see it (another flaw haha :devil:).
LOL!!!

I sooooooooo feel you sister, infinite hugs!!!

:hug:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Mostly by their apparent assumption that, in any disagreement with them, you are wrong by default unless another sufficiently reputable NT agrees with you. If that happens, it's the other NT who's correct, not you. Assuming the initial NT is willing to admit to being wrong. Which is often a generous assumption. It isn't so overt here as at INTPc though, which is a large chunk of why I rarely post there these days.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awww I kinda like NTs.

What I can't stand are obnoxious little brats with huge apple trees stuck up their butts, and they can be seen across all types. As long as they keep to themselves, that's fine. If they start attacking *me* though then --->:devil:.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
(omg this is hard to do - yes usual disclaimers, not the cool NTs)

They know who we're talking about. ;)

... cos they *have* to be right, if they're not right their entire world comes tumbling down, lol. I offhandedly remarked to an NT friend that he was right about something, we weren't even arguing any point... gawd he started salivating over it, "yeah, just tell me I'm right, that's what I like to hear". :rolleyes:

Don't you just feel better now? C'mon, be honest.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Mostly by their apparent assumption that, in any disagreement with them, you are wrong by default unless another sufficiently reputable NT agrees with you. If that happens, it's the other NT who's correct, not you. Assuming the initial NT is willing to admit to being wrong. Which is often a generous assumption.
Wow, spot fuckin' on.

:huh:

And here I thought I was the only one who's actually recognized this ghastly and prickish NT pattern of behavior.

Gee, this thread sure is therapeutic!!!

:wubbie:

V

violaine

They know who we're talking about. ;)

Don't you just feel better now? C'mon, be honest.

^I think it's funny that they don't seem to see it. They're pretty lucky that NFs generally don't mess with their heads.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One tendency that aggravates the hell out of me is the propensity for the maladjusted and/or unbalanced NT with huge Fi or whatever the hell it is to just flipping call you a retard if you don't agree with them.

Yes, I know my intelligence is average.

Yes, I know a rock can reason better than I can.

Can we move on now?

And if you bring up any kind of argumentation other than pure analysis devoid of any kind emotional attachment, they start addressing the emotion rather than the topic at hand. :wtf: Stay on course; stay on target and don't let yourself get distracted by my emotion.

The problem is that they totally dismiss anything, no matter how correct the premise may be, if it's founded on the 'wrong' base. Anyway, don't they know that judging a base as right or wrong IS FEELING BASED??? Dumbasses.

This is particularly common with INTJs, whose tertiary Fi just give them enough of this judgment crap to totally stomp out anything that does not agree with their viewpoint.

Oh, and certain NTs who just piss me off.

But the rest of them are sensible and I really like them a lot. When they respect my feelings, I value their rational abilities, and we can complement each other instead of driving each other crazy. This is the great benefit of *balanced*, *healthy* NTs and not those with no purpose or no sense who are just negative and consider a day of not being a royal pain in the butt a day neglected. :hug: By the way, that accounts for 99% of NTs, so I still think you are all really awesome.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
^I think it's funny that they don't seem to see it. They're pretty lucky that NFs generally don't mess with their heads.

Yep. Although it appears that CC is on a mission to corrupt all well-mannered NFs, so perhaps their luck has finally run out?