• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ: Common traits I have observed.

V

violaine

I'm not openly paranoid about the world. Do I believe that there are probably a few corrupted people that might be creating a few problems? Yeah, it could be possible.

For sure. I think that's healthy. I just don't see that in absolutely everything if that is the definition of paranoia. (And I also think we're going to be just fine come 2012, haha.)

hideki

MBTI Type
INFJ
Lol, very true. How do you know all that?
I only knew one ENTP in my life, and all I can say about him is that he was the best person I've ever met. He was perfect.

Oh, I can tell you don't get out much. ENTPs are awesome. I'll tell you, they're almost like the guardian between an INFJ and the extroverted world. I've met a couple of ENTPs. One moment you feel really special around them and you're like wow this person is great! Then, they leave your world and go back to another. With an ENTP as an INFJ you can actually see an ENTP 'cross-over'. And you can't imagine how the hell they can go from loving to having a 10 minute conversation with someone else (something I wish I could do). But underneath it all they are actually really cold and rational (ew)

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
Male here.

1)Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why? Yes, but not extremely.

2)Very small and neat handwriting. Small, yes. Neat, not especially.

3)Somewhat paranoid about the larger world. Kind of.

4)May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth. Does that go for peeing as well? If so, yes. :D

5)Intense relationship with listening to music. Very Yes.

6)Often vegetarians. No way.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
  • Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why?
  • Very small and neat handwriting.
  • Somewhat paranoid about the larger world.
  • May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth.
  • Intense relationship with listening to music.
  • Often vegetarians.

I only like cheese a little.
My handwriting is neat, but not really small. Medium sized, maybe. I have teacher handwriting.
I am not really paranoid about the larger world at all. I hardly ever even lock my doors. Having said that, I'm going to go lock my door now.
I brush my teeth with EYES WIDE OPEN.
Eh, I go through phases with music.
I am a half-assed vegetarian. The kind that sometimes eats eastern NC bbq.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I only like cheese a little.
My handwriting is neat, but not really small. Medium sized, maybe. I have teacher handwriting.
I am not really paranoid about the larger world at all. I hardly ever even lock my doors. Having said that, I'm going to go lock my door now.
I brush my teeth with EYES WIDE OPEN.
Eh, I go through phases with music.
I am a half-assed vegetarian. The kind that sometimes eats eastern NC bbq.

Balderdash. Now, you're just being contrary.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Haha.
I dunno, for this more serious and possibly more accurate list, I think that INFJ= picky eater? I'm not sure now.

no way! of course, i don't know enough INFJs IRL to be able to substantiate that. I guess my INFJ BFF is kind of picky.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
no way! of course, i don't know enough INFJs IRL to be able to substantiate that. I guess my INFJ BFF is kind of picky.

The ones I've known IRL-- despite being vegetarians or pescetarians-- have been fairly adventurous eaters. Kimchi anyone? :)

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ

I'm a very picky eater. I hate when certain foods occupy the same plate.

felt up

MBTI Type
INFJ
^Yeah, I'm a little picky, much better than I used to be tho.

Been meaning to say that liking/appearing to like cheese is linked to vegetarianism... lol, gotta get your protein somehow!

Kinda tangential, but how are other INFJs paranoid in terms of the wider world? I don't think that I'm paranoid about the world? Or my ability to function in it? I can be super naive sometimes (tho working on it)... I'm quite careful about protecting my privacy etc.

Hmmm...what's the link between intuition and paranoia?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmmm...what's the link between intuition and paranoia?

Feeling / seeing things that may not be there. Picking up on a sense of things and applying it to an incorrect context.

B

ByMySword

• Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why?
  • Very small and neat handwriting.
  • Somewhat paranoid about the larger world.
  • May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth.
  • Intense relationship with listening to music.
  • Often vegetarians.

1. I love cheese.

2. I have horrible handwriting (left handed), but I am a stickler for writing grammatically correct.

3. eh, I don't think so. You may have to explain a bit more about what you mean.

4. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. I think the latter more often though.

5. 100% correct. Music is a big part of my life. But I'm a singer, too, so that has something to do with it.

6. HELL NO!!!!!!!!!! OH MY FUCKING GOD NO!!!!! I can't live without steaks and I can't wait to go hunting this year!!!!!!! :cool:

S

Sniffles

Ok shoot:
Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why?

I like alot of cheese when it's on or in something.

Very small and neat handwriting.
No. I write with a weird mixture of printing and cursive - and often I can't even read it!

Somewhat paranoid about the larger world.
Does not compute....explain.

May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth.
Sometimes.

Intense relationship with listening to music.
YES!!

Often vegetarians.

Fuck no.

B

ByMySword

^^^^Great minds ;)

I too write with a mixture of print and cursive.

S

Sniffles

^^^^Great minds ;)
Oh yes, that in itself is a common INFJ trait, the fact we so often parallel each other in both thinking and habits. It's really odd.

I especially had a notice this when glancing through my book of lectures by the French philosopher Gabriel Marcel. I have absolutely no doubt he's INFJ.

I mean just read the description of him given in the backcover:

"Gabriel Marcel is a man exceptionally endowed with communicative vigor - not boisterous, but intimate, personal, incisive...His philosophy is as circuitous as living, as questioning and questionable as the risk of adventure.

The fragmentary character of his thought, the sudden insight, the nearly naive confession of fallibility - all this reflects his painful faithfullness to actuality.

The mercurial human predicament and the weightiness of living with others are predominant themes. As he muses, the apparent aimlessness materializes into coherence."

Sound familiar people?

Not only that, the basic nature of his lectures just seems to parallel how I discuss deep topics so much.

Often he openly confesses to difficulty in defining concepts like "truth" "justice" "wisdom" with any precision. He always laments about how there's only so much he can discuss in such a short period of time, and at the end names off many of the topics he wished he could discuss in more details. In the middle of one lecture he apologizes for "tarrying so long on my reminiscences" but explains that it was really necessary in order to understand an important observation.

He even ends one lecture by stating how he hopes his remarks will help spur his students to further thought on the issue, and again apologizes for putting their attention and patience to such a difficult test.

Can you possibly get more INFJ than this? :D

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
That happens to me sometimes: I read Hawthorne's Scarlet Letter and I couldn't help but get that INFJ vibe going through me....
There's just a depth that you don't see in very many other places, and it's a little different than other types of philosophy...