• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ: Common traits I have observed.

Penguin

MBTI Type
ENTP
a question for synarch about ENTP's
ENTP's have the tendency to talk about their weirdest theoryes without thinking about them first? :D
its not meant to be an insult :blush: i laughed at your first post :D

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
  • Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why?
  • Very small and neat handwriting.
  • Somewhat paranoid about the larger world.
  • May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth.
  • Intense relationship with listening to music.
  • Often vegetarians.

Yes VERY MUCH to everything listed, except for cheese =P

I got graded down in 6th grade, and this year (4th year of college), for writing too small and in cursive. You got me down to a "T"

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes VERY MUCH to everything listed, except for cheese =P

I got graded down in 6th grade, and this year (4th year of college), for writing too small and in cursive. You got me down to a "T"

Where is sanveane? She needs to see this. More INFJ data please! Btw, male or female?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
a question for synarch about ENTP's
ENTP's have the tendency to talk about their weirdest theoryes without thinking about them first? :D
its not meant to be an insult :blush: i laughed at your first post :D

No, honestly, that's a good question, Penguin. I don't concentrate on anything long enough to form an actual theory (I actually admire someone like Bluewing for this (I enjoyed his posts immensely as a lurker)).

I just notice things and detect patterns, which I try to explain to myself, and if the explanation seems plausible I throw it against the wall like spaghetti. If it sticks, great. If not, I drop it. This is one of the things I love about MTBi. I don't really understand it, but it helps me make sense of the social reality around me.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
[*]Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why?Yeah,I love creamy things.;)
[*]Very small and neat handwriting. :ninja:!My parents forced me to write bigger as I grew older but it's ok I'm going back to my "roots":newwink:
[*]Somewhat paranoid about the larger world. :laugh:
[*]May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth.
never done that one..maybe once or twice.
[*]Intense relationship with listening to music.:yes:
[*]Often vegetarians.No but I eat very little meat for weight control these days..Actually I love meat..but fish is better.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[*]Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why?

Not so much cheese. But cheesy things are good. I like food in general.

[*]Very small and neat handwriting.

Yes. People tell me my handwriting looks like it's typed; it's not too small though. When I am rushing it is not as neat.

[*]Somewhat paranoid about the larger world.

Not sure what is meant by this. But I am not overly hopeful or trusting of people.

[*]May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth.

I sometimes do this and sometimes I don't.

[*]Intense relationship with listening to music.

Yes, all the way. I connect with music, and specifically the lyrics, on such a deep level.

[*]Often vegetarians.

No, I've never thought of giving up my meat :)

My hair is long, by the way. And I love long hair.

Last edited:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why?
I like cheese on things and in things, but don't really eat it by itself. What I really like is salt and cheese is usually salty.

Very small and neat handwriting.
No. Average size, not neat.

Somewhat paranoid about the larger world.
I don't know what this means.

May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth.
I don't think so.

Intense relationship with listening to music.
Sometimes.

Often vegetarians.
I like meat and the protein helps me feel more 'even.'

sade

[*]Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why? - There are three types of cheese that I'm willing to eat, and only in small amounts. But cheese in food is good. I like dairy products in general.

[*]Very small and neat handwriting. - I've gotten compliments on the cursive handwriting, but isn't all that small, average.

[*]Somewhat paranoid about the larger world. - Ehh? No.

[*]May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth. - Sometimes.

[*]Intense relationship with listening to music. - Yup.

[*]Often vegetarians. - Often? :huh: I've been one for 5 years(lacto-ovo), but I'm not a radical one and people don't normally even remember me being one.
And I have long hair, around waist lenght.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Where is sanveane? She needs to see this. More INFJ data please! Btw, male or female?

Male.

And for music, on my itunes, one of my most played songs is a 30 minute piano song, spent over 32 hours on it, and countless more on youtube watching people play it. And all the other songs... listened a lot of time.

And I am vegetarian for 80-90% of the time, but I will eat meat every now and then.

sade

May I edit?

• Like some certain food. A lot. Who knows why?
  • Neat handwriting.
  • Reserved, introverted attitude towards the larger world.
  • Have interesting tendencies when enjoying the moment, like closing their eyes.(?)
  • Not extreme carnivores, more likely to eat less meat. (?)
  • More likely to suffer from eating disorder(s) or interesting eating habits. (I'll eat later. Sometime. Maybe) (?)

I wonder if it's better now. Right..:rolli: Actually feed me to the sharks at this point for making generalisations. I just had to try..

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
That reminds me, I have noticed that INFJ's are often involved in editing and moderation. They seem to understand grammatical and social rules clearly and like putting things in order. Any INFJ editors out there?

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
May I edit?

• Like some certain food. A lot. Who knows why? Bread, wine, cheese, chocolate...probably not type related
  • Neat handwriting. Unique, but not neat...
  • Reserved, introverted attitude towards the larger world. I'm not really reserved if I've had enough time alone. Reflective about the world though.
  • Have interesting tendencies when enjoying the moment, like closing their eyes.(?) Mainly smiling or laughing inappropriately because my mind is so elsewhere
  • Intense relationship with listening to music. Love music, but I mostly use it to block out distractions. Almost never sit still and listen
  • Not extreme carnivores, more likely to eat less meat. (?)I can go days without meat but also have several carnivorous favorites
  • More likely to suffer from eating disorder(s) or interesting eating habits. (I'll eat later. Sometime. Maybe) (?) I think we can be pretty disciplined if we're healthy emotionally.

I wonder if it's better now. Right..:rolli: Actually feed me to the sharks at this point for making generalisations. I just had to try.. Hey it's been interesting!

see my itals above...

sade

That reminds me, I have noticed that INFJ's are often involved in editing and moderation. They seem to understand grammatical and social rules clearly and like putting things in order. Any INFJ editors out there?

I don't know about the rest, but I have those tendencies.
ETA: Not an editor, and not studying to be one.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
And for music, on my itunes, one of my most played songs is a 30 minute piano song, spent over 32 hours on it, and countless more on youtube watching people play it. And all the other songs... listened a lot of time.

And I am vegetarian for 80-90% of the time, but I will eat meat every now and then.

I love You Tube! It is a wonderful place to get lost for hours and hours.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
May I edit?

• Like some certain food. A lot. Who knows why?
  • Neat handwriting.
  • Reserved, introverted attitude towards the larger world.
  • Have interesting tendencies when enjoying the moment, like closing their eyes.(?)
  • Not extreme carnivores, more likely to eat less meat. (?)
  • More likely to suffer from eating disorder(s) or interesting eating habits. (I'll eat later. Sometime. Maybe) (?)

I wonder if it's better now. Right..:rolli: Actually feed me to the sharks at this point for making generalisations. I just had to try..

Heh, I think we are just more sensual than much of the world.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

And we often understand the grammatical rules without ever having studied them, just "knowing" from all the reading we do.

I've done several editing projects but prefer to write my own stuff :)

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I don't mind editting. It's actually one of my favourite processes when writing my own stuff--it feels like I'm carving this giant block of thoughts into something coherent and beautiful. I wouldn't make a career of it, though. Seems like it'd be annoying having to correct everyone's mistakes all the time. (My brother was the chief editor of his school's newspaper. He would read me all the really terrible articles, and every time I died a little inside. I don't blame him for quitting the position when he did--he unfortunately didn't get to write his own articles much either.)

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I edit things naturally. It's almost like a tick; if I see a mistake on a paper or something, it's almost second nature for me to add in a comma or apostrophe. I don't even need spell check on word (although I do spell things wrong on occasion, but if I'm doubting I'll google it).
My only issue with my own writing is that I tend to omit words, especially verbs. I think too fast, so sometimes I may for an "is" or I'll forget to put an -ed at the end or something. So I have to re-read all of my works... (edit: as an excellent example, I just forgot to put -get on forget in the line "so sometimes I may for an 'is'")

Anyways, for the rest:
* Like some certain food. A lot. Who knows why? -I'm really not picky with food, but I think that's from personal experience. Taste actually tends to swing with mood; I'll get intense feelings toward a certain type of food at certain moments.
* Neat handwriting. -Debatable :D Although it's neater now. It tends to be small and loopy, although not stereotypical girly loopy or guyish messy. It's very asexual and smallish.
* Reserved, introverted attitude towards the larger world. -Basically. I prefer the adj. "objective", though.
* Have interesting tendencies when enjoying the moment, like closing their eyes. -Not really. I'm curious and like noticing things
* Intense relationship with listening to music. -Yes.
* Not extreme carnivores, more likely to eat less meat. -No. Though my family raises its own meat, so that may be learned.
* More likely to suffer from eating disorder(s) or interesting eating habits. -I actually do have some interesting patterns in eating sometimes.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
  • Like cheese. A lot. Who knows why?
  • Very small and neat handwriting.
  • Somewhat paranoid about the larger world.
  • May close their eyes while doing things like brushing their teeth.
  • Often vegetarians.

*I love cheese!
*Medium size and neat
*Not really. I'm more paranoid at the infallibility of other people when I am vulnerable to them.
*Nope
*Yea, I am very emotionally invested when listening to music.
*Nope. I'm too much of a foodie to leave out the wonderfulness that is meat.