• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ or INFP? Please help me to decide my type!

Warui

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I can realte to the INFP and the INFJ description as well. In every cognitive function test I score :Introverted Intuition. Not Introverted Feeling. For the J-P: I'm really like to plan my music projects very carefully and the things that are important to me.
But I never plan anything besides these. If Im going to somewhere I dont even look after the Bus or train's arrival time.
Because I think "Its nice to listen music as I going to my destination, and not to worry about time" Because of this, I mostly get INFP But the online tests are not type you based on your favored cognitive function. Im always questioning myself even in this mbti. The only thing which I porbably dont realte fully about INFJ is the people loving thing (But in some case they call INFP people lover too). I hate most of the people so I dont want to help them very much. But I like to help to my valued friends...now this is a natural quality so I dont think its matter. I'm an enneagram 4w5 anyway, I'm heard that enneagram type might be change some quality about mbti types. For example an INFP 9w1 is not the same as an INFP 4w5.
One more thing about my relationship with people: I see most of them rotten. Im not seeing them as they appear. Rather...Im seeing their motives or their intetions or desires. And Im judging people based on this. Before everyone wants to kill me, Im investigated a bit on the internet about this INFP-INFJ Issue but I had only more questions about my type than before. So you are my final hope. Thank you if you spend a little time to help me with this issue. Best wishes!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Personality Junkie has an excellent article outlining the differences that I think should give you some clarity. Actually anything by AJ Drenth is pretty good stuff on the two types.

Needle and Thread

MBTI Type
INFP
It took me a long time to figure out whether I was an INFJ or INFP too, so I feel your confusion! I felt more like a Judger than a Perceiver, but things like absorbing others emotions didn't resonate with me. I did a lot of listening to the Personality Hacker podcast. They have excellent explanations of the cognitive functions and how they look/work together for different types. It was super helpful and I finally concluded that I am an INFP. I'd highly recommend them.

natalia93

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=19960]Holy[/MENTION]
Awesome link, that may be the most methodological approach to determining personality type I've ever soon. Weird to take, but I love the principles on which it is designed. It also gave me spot on results.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You and I are in the same path. I also have a hard time determining if I am INFP or INFJ, and have driven myself half crazy trying to figure it out. I'd say go with the functions. If you are INFJ, remember that not ALL INFJs absorb feelings the same way or with the same intensity.
According to all tests I have taken, including Keys2Cognition, I am INFJ, but I still don't trust the info. Podcasts will help, too, but they can also get murky.
I just go by INFX until I am 100% sure. Good luck to you!
PS- Maybe we can compare notes on our functions???