• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Am I an INFP or ISFP?

StarOrion15

Enneagram
6w5
WHY I'M AN INFP:
I read in between the lines and am too sensitive (as told by my friend)
I'm a shy person who is a homebody and will enjoy my alone time unless asked out by friends.
I have a shy smile according to the mirror.
I see things from a few angles rather than one and due to this I find it hard to side with anybody.
I can think of many scenarios and am plagued with what ifs, could bes and maybes.
I'm a secretive person and find it hard to talk about my feelings.
I look to the past for facts that seem inconsistent to the present.
I dont scare easily in horror movies because I anticipate what could happen and it's usually one of the possibilities that have happened before that will turn out right.
Violence worries me greatly.
I have a strong connection to the past and sometimes i wish i was born in the past.
Looking at old films keeps me locked in wonder.
I love history and i'm a sentimental person who always has nostalgia on the mind.
I'm a playful and mischevious person who likes making others laugh or to lighten the atmosphere.

I always manage to trip on or hook my shirt on something and the tripping occurs frequently it gets so annoying.
I really find it a huge chore to take care of my body and my best friends are wet wipes.
I think of doing things more often than i actually do it and at times dishes would get washed 2 or 3 days later.
I get stressed with too many details and usually ask what is the main point of what the person wants that is the thing i should take of most.
I dont carry on doing something if I find it unsustainable in future.
I know a little about alot but not alot about a little.
Sometimes when i show someone a meme i expect hillarious reactions but she/he will usually laugh at what they thought was funny (a small part) but really it is funny only when everything adds up.
I love soft toys and pastel colors and fantasy related items.
I tear alot especially for situations that touch me and it can be a simple thing but I feel such heavy emotions.
I have random ideas to describe the same situation.
I can't understand black and white logic and why some people trust facts so easily.
I like doing things in new ways and routine is a vampire that sucks me dry.
I'm a subtle person who can get uncomfortable with straightforward people.
I choose the right times to say something and am innately aware of how might the outcome turn out to be.

I care too much about what others think and i reflect almost always.
i get lost in thought while gazing at nature.
I like dressing up nicely but often it can't last long before i dress shabbily again and i don't even bother about how i look.
When i walk into a room I often forget what was i there for.
I'm sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around me.
I can tell if someone is feeling a certain way even if they deny it I'm not convinced because inconsistency betrays.
I dont need info to be applied to enjoy it for knowledge's sake.
I finish other people's sentences.
I know if something tastes different from before.
I'm very indecisive because i see too many perspectives to a situation.
I'm a quick witted person who sees connections easily.
I'm a worrywort and i worry for the future.
Even if someone deserves the punishment I still feel for them.
I have a hundred nicknames for my mom.
I have a hard time killing anything because they didn't choose to be born this way.

I'm a perfectionist and a sarcastic person and i tend towards self-sacrifice.
Sometimes I find it hard to focus on one thing and always end up fidgeting or finding something else to do.
My focus is always on self betterment and to improve on my weaknesses.
I have 3 handwriting styles and 3 favourite colors and there is no default.
I'm often misunderstood.
I am able to decipher what a person meant to be a joke but others take offence easily.
I'm not afraid of the depths of sadness and that emotion in me is felt more often than happiness.
Sometimes I feel lonely even with close friends.
I find it hard to answer online tests because there is more than one way of looking at a question.

I have been thinking I'm an ISFP or INFJ for a close to 2 years and just recently i realised I may have mistaken Se for Si and Ne for Ni.
I've eliminated my being INFJ and so far ISFP fits me, I've been searching on intuitive ISFPs cuz I might be one but the search always comes up short.

THIS IS WHAT IS STOPPING ME FROM CLAIMING THE INTUITIVE TITLE:

I'm aware of my surroundings.
I'm very logical and common sensical
I have good control over my body's reactions (tripping not included)
I have read somewhere before that tert Ni tends to have an interest in the occult and bizarre, thing is I do too.
I dont recall my dreams where INFPs are even able to remember it, write it down and dream often.
I have ideas but none of them are big or big enough to want to change the world.
I do not theorize much and I like facts that I'm able to trust.
I'm not into literature, I can stand poetry but not a big interest in it.
I like realism in art
I've forgone an art teaching job for an office job because I think of sustainability and stability due to being enneagram 6.
I feel that I dont come close to the INFP stereotype (I'm not dreamy and unpresent)
I love pastel colors but most INFPs mentioned they like darker colors.
I'm not bubbly like people online describe of INFPs.

SOME FINAL THOUGHTS:

could a sensor be just as intuitive as the real deal?

For a 6 who is the poster child for awareness, it's so ironic for me to be so unaware of my own thought process.

The ability to see two sides to a situation.....could it be due to my enneagram type (ambivalence), being Fi-dom (willingness to see the the best in others), or tertiary Ni (which is also able to see two sides to a coin)?

I've never recognised any intuitives before as almost everyone around me are sensors, am I just a sensor who is more intuitive than the rest of the sensors or am I balanced on the intuitive/sensing scale?

If you've read this far thank you for your patience and time.
It's so hard for me to settle because I'm on the search for myself and wouldnt want to end up on the wrong type.
And each time I settle with being an intuitive, the sensor in me rebels and flings me back into doubt. (I'm 649/694 tritype)
This endless cycle of triple doubting has caused my every waking moment to constantly look for answers and i feel so restless.
Can you please tell me what type do you think I am and if I'm that type, why do I feel like the other type too at the same time???