• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Enfjs and their chameleonic side

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
albus_dumbledore.jpg

Before I typed myself properly - I typed as various other types. Aaand they were my friend and family's types.....

Mine I found digging deeper. And I'm definitely ENFJ.

Sooo, what are your thoughts on the change-abillity of the social output of enfjs? Do you think aids or challenges them socially?

...I know for some it can feel like it's inauthentic.. But, I think there's a difference between not knowing who you are and not acting like who you are all the time.

Because 'who you are' is a superficial construct when thinking of the 'act of being alive' which isn't conditioned by a 'personality' really.

Lemon Meringue

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I agree, I act different around different people but that is nothing I even think about or try to do on purpose. I guess that I just pick up the other persons style/vibe and then I go along but I´m always still me.

Well ok...sometimes if i´m having a few drinks with people I just met or getting to know (friends of friends) I can find myself starting to imitate their hand gestures, accent and facial expressions-then it´s time to stop and go home LOL.

valdeere

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I hate inauthenticity, I really do. But I don't think that my chameleon-like ways make me inauthentic. I don't reveal all of myself to everyone, even though I am probably much more prone to share personal experiences with random people than others are. So, I don't see it as really changing, I look at what I do as limited revelation.