• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] If you've ever wondered what a world of NFs would be like...

wwbeachbum161

MBTI Type
INFJ
I kind of know firsthand…

I’m new to this board, but this information is too good not to share!

So, my college has this honors program that I’m a part of. But it’s not like most honors programs…you do need to have a certain GPA and SAT scores to be invited to apply, but after that your admission is largely based on “to be honorable is to serve”, and you have to go through this whole interview process where they ask about your passions…

Anyways, it’s a group of about 40 kids and we all go through the same core classes together. This semester we have this class about leadership and learning to become more self-aware. Well, I first took the MBTI in 10th grade and ever since then I am constantly researching new information about it…so imagine my excitement when my professor announced we would all be taking the test! Afterwards he shared the results with us:

ISFJ- 2%
ISTJ- 0%
ESFJ- 18%
ESTJ- 14%

ISFP- 4%
ISTP- 0%
ESFP- 4%
ESTP- 0%

INTP- 2%
INTJ- 0%
ENTP-4%
ENTJ- 2%

INFP- 6%
INFJ- 8%
ENFP- 20%
ENFJ- 16%

Overall:

NT- 8%
SP- 8%
SJ- 34%
NF- 50%

Interesting, right? No wonder why I feel so at home among these kids! It must be so funny to observe all of us together doing crazy tasks…like climbing over 14ft. walls…I have plenty of stories if anyone's interested!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Somehow this NF-ian attitude of "I like my type pals the most and we are having so much fun together" reminds me of a certain history, I rather not like to speak about ... :D

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
It's the occult. Get out while you still can.

wwbeachbum161

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm sorry...I feel like what I meant to say came out wrong...

I did NOT mean that I think NFs are somehow better than other types or that the world would be better if more people were NFs, because then how would we grow and learn from each other? I guess...just knowing what everyone's type is for sure (instead of just guessing) allows a pretty unique opportunity to observe how we interact with each other, communicate differently, etc.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:) Sorry didnt want to derail your thread.

I did get what you said and I think too it is a great opportunity to learn. Where I come from noone has even heard of MBTI, so if you speak uof things from the test you are commonly seen as being nuts :D.

That makes it moreso intresting to actually have some people, who know what type they are or even you do know it too and then to find out what is going to happen.

---

But bear in mind, always reevaluate your Point of View. That means tear it apart until there is nothing left and start getting it to know again from the beginning. Otherwise you could get stuck in an idea that could alter ones perception of reality or that could be proven wrong in the end.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
But bear in mind, always reevaluate your Point of View. That means tear it apart until there is nothing left and start getting it to know again from the beginning. Otherwise you could get stuck in an idea that could alter ones perception of reality or that could be proven wrong in the end.

This is good advice. Always check your view against reality. It's an easy trap to fall into especially with MBTI. But you've been thinking about it since tenth grade, I don't think you're in any real danger:nice:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The SJ's know about the drinking habits of the NF + their generosity. When there is something for free, they are on-line :D

wwbeachbum161

MBTI Type
INFJ
:)

I seriously love that. :)

The other day in class we had a speaker come in and talk to us about South Africa who began just giving us all these really concrete facts and numbers without connecting them to the larger context (quite the opposite of our usual up-beat ENFP big-picture professor)...and it was quite amusing to observe. INFP=sleeping. ENTP=eating a foot-long hoagie and secretly studying a math textbook beneath the desk. ESTJ=looking really intrigued, leaning forward, taking diligent notes. INFJ (me)=appearing to take rapid notes, but really just writing down random thoughts that have nothing to do with the lecture.

One thing that really surprised me...why aren't there more NTs? Also, is the influx of NFs due to the fact that the guy who has the ultimate say in our admission is an ENFP?

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Lots of reasons why there wouldn't be more NTs. That interview seems to strike in my mind. I wonder how NTs come off to their interviewers...