• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's and Personal Style

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
what i've gotten out of this thread

male enfps = generally apathetic about clothing
female enfps = omg this looks so good on me, maybe with a tinge of exotic clothing and some stunna shades. oh hell yeah. <insert other elaborate fashion style here>

hey, i made the same observation! beat me to it. is it social implications that causes this difference? i think it's safe to say that men generally care less about clothing than women do. i'm not saying it's anything biological, it's just how society is structured. we are really using our own creativity to conform to society. what a paradox.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dress pretty awesomely. I mean high school students can still get away with the craziest shit, it's not like we have real careers or lives yet. I mean I don't dress oddly per se, but the clothing items that I own all have personality. I should post a pic of this one sweater I have. I've seen another person on the street with it once, but I'm pretty sure it looks better on me. :D

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
How do you always have one week old stubble?

Lol,

I thought you would never ask.... Well, I am blessed/cursed with the slowest growing beard on Earth. For example, if I Shave completely, I will be clean for approximately a week (no joke). For that reason, I never shave, or else I end up looking like a child for the remainder of the week. So I let the stuff grow out for 3 to 4 weeks, and then just keep trimming it with this beautiful device at the end of the 4th week which keeps me at approx 3 weeks for me.

PS: 3 weeks for me = 1 week for normal male facial hair.

mb40.jpg

No one ever notices a change in the slightest.

For example, it would take me 5-6 weeks to get to this.

500collateral_ver3.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR TOM CRUISE, I REGARD HIM AS A TOTAL DOUCHE, BUT THAT IS WHAT POPPED UP IN MY SEARCH FOR BEARD...

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
I always match, but my styles are ALWAYS different. One day I'll dress goth, the next bohemian, the next preppy... It's quite enjoyable.

Me too.

Very curious, do other people (ENFPs?) happen to feel this way too? That dressing up is like.. transporting! (yes I sound like a starry-eyed 5-year-old 'Pink Princess' Barbie type now) Okay, yes obviously throwing on some new rags won't change what youre like inside -.- Duh.

But what i meant was, i find dressing up to somewhat... empowering? Like, you can find different traces/elements of yourself when you wear different outfits (eg. you become more free-spirited and laidback when dressing boho/folksy, or more serious/task-oriented when dressed more professionally). Is this true for other people, too? Or am i just being weird and superficial? Haha

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
i find dressing up to somewhat... empowering?

Oops i meant "I find dressing up to be somewhat... empowering?"

Also,

Originally Posted by EvanTheClown
what i've gotten out of this thread

male enfps = generally apathetic about clothing
female enfps = omg this looks so good on me, maybe with a tinge of exotic clothing and some stunna shades. oh hell yeah. <insert other elaborate fashion style here>

HAHAHA. I think I'm supposed to be embarrassed. (let me check... oh well, i'm not :/) Ha

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
nah, no reason to be embarrassed by your big pimpin stunna shades.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Me too.

Very curious, do other people (ENFPs?) happen to feel this way too? That dressing up is like.. transporting! (yes I sound like a starry-eyed 5-year-old 'Pink Princess' Barbie type now) Okay, yes obviously throwing on some new rags won't change what youre like inside -.- Duh.

But what i meant was, i find dressing up to be somewhat... empowering? Like, you can find different traces/elements of yourself when you wear different outfits (eg. you become more free-spirited and laidback when dressing boho/folksy, or more serious/task-oriented when dressed more professionally). Is this true for other people, too? Or am i just being weird and superficial? Haha

I DO feel the same way though. I dress usually very apathetic when it comes to my daily attire (Evan can vouch for that >.> ) going for the comfort and functionality of daily life, things I don't mind getting dirty or tossed around in.

When I do dress up though, I feel like a whole 'nother woman! I tend to have aprons, comfy shoes, and a bandana in my hair when I clean and it sort of helps me get into the spirit of it all.. I dress up for Halloween, for the Ren Fest, etc.. Clothing is the simplest way for humans to express themselves, so naturally you'd feel a bit more in the role being represented.

I don't think feeling that way is superficial, just natural.. as I don't tend to judge others on their attire aside a silly joke here and there.

nah, no reason to be embarrassed by your big pimpin stunna shades.

Hellz nah, my shit's all tight with them shades on. I wear my sunglasses at night.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
"ENFP's choice of clothes and accessories are quite characteristic especially in women. They often neglect some part of their outfit which can give a romantic and liberated feeling to their style. All ENFps dress in a way that indicates a sense of the theatrical."

I read this on socionics, and was wondering what your personal dressing styles are like? My brother claims ENFP's usually wear flamboyant clothing and accessories. Is this true for the ENFP's here? Just curious.
lol i hate these sites, interesting though i must admit.

i tend to where khaki's or just jeans (in the winter) and i wear white t-shirts a lot. a whole lot. if not a white t-shirt then a graphic t from urbanoutfitters or sometimes an express shirt. i dont like to stand out but i still like to look different, if that makes any sense.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Me too.

But what i meant was, i find dressing up to somewhat... empowering? Like, you can find different traces/elements of yourself when you wear different outfits (eg. you become more free-spirited and laidback when dressing boho/folksy, or more serious/task-oriented when dressed more professionally). Is this true for other people, too? Or am i just being weird and superficial? Haha

This is true for me. You should see my closet! :D:cheese:. You are not alone, Twixt! I made the thread to see if other's do this too. :hug:

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Lol,

I thought you would never ask.... Well, I am blessed/cursed with the slowest growing beard on Earth. For example, if I Shave completely, I will be clean for approximately a week (no joke). For that reason, I never shave, or else I end up looking like a child for the remainder of the week. So I let the stuff grow out for 3 to 4 weeks, and then just keep trimming it with this beautiful device at the end of the 4th week which keeps me at approx 3 weeks for me.

PS: 3 weeks for me = 1 week for normal male facial hair.

mb40.jpg

No one ever notices a change in the slightest.

For example, it would take me 5-6 weeks to get to this.

500collateral_ver3.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR TOM CRUISE, I REGARD HIM AS A TOTAL DOUCHE, BUT THAT IS WHAT POPPED UP IN MY SEARCH FOR BEARD...

LOL! @ Tom Cruise. I get what you mean. I like facial hair like that.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
lol i hate these sites, interesting though i must admit.

i tend to where khaki's or just jeans (in the winter) and i wear white t-shirts a lot. a whole lot. if not a white t-shirt then a graphic t from urbanoutfitters or sometimes an express shirt. i dont like to stand out but i still like to look different, if that makes any sense.

You know you love those sites! :D. Don't lie! I get what you mean though, I'm the same way.

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
Nothing flamboyant or bohemian, unless i dont know what bohemian means. Always wear some type of silver hoop earring, not big i like bracelets. When at work brown or black slacks. But any other time in jeans. Depending on where I'm going I'll have on Sperry's, sneakers or some type of heel. I always wear makeup and my hair always down unless I don't flat iron it and thats usually if I'm sick.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
What I wore to class today:

Navy blue and cream striped, boat neck, t-shirt, denim deconstructed knee-length shorts with navy blue suspenders, camel colored suede and knit moccasins, no make-up with my hair up.

Time it took me to get ready:

Two to three minutes top.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
What I wore to class today:

Navy blue and cream striped, boat neck, t-shirt, denim deconstructed knee-length shorts with navy blue suspenders, camel colored suede and knit moccasins, no make-up with my hair up.

Time it took me to get ready:

Two to three minutes top.

Well it took me 8 minutes to just figure what the hell kind of clothes you're talking about. Boat necks.. deconstructed knee's...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well it took me 8 minutes to just figure what the hell kind of clothes you're talking about. Boat necks.. deconstructed knee's...
:newwink:

Lol, I did get uber-specific, just remove boat neck and deconstructed from my description and you should still get the general picture/idea.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i am gonna go on a yellow shirt spree this week

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
You know you love those sites! :D. Don't lie! I get what you mean though, I'm the same way.

they just seem like they are pushing what they are saying as truth...and a good chunk of the time they are pretty wrong (if you take everything literally of course). idk maybe its just me

katzchen

MBTI Type
IntP
My ENFP friends typically wear a lot of really bright, interesting, unique pieces of clothing but have trouble putting them together. I have a friend who will put on multiple necklaces at a time instead of deciding which one to wear. Also they tend to pay little attention to what colors/styles/fabrics suit them and just wear whatever they want. Like, "____ isn't really your color" is NOT something they want to hear. However, they usually have the best selection of interesting clothing and they're not bad to borrow from. :whistling:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm the same way! Pink is a color people say I look good in, but I don't like wearing it.. Just the same, bright orange isn't something I should wear, fashion wise, but do. I do best in olive greens, black, white, and tan.. but I wear whatever my eyes like.. since I don't really look at myself wearing it, I just look at it there on the shelf.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Except for days when I am being a slovenly-dressed sensotard wearing mismatched socks and inside-out top, when I actually dress up, I think I look damn good!!

I may wear eccentric, daring, or even downright odd clothes but I think they look good, and people even compliment me, so I am not delusional in thinking this, so....

:tongue10:

Are there any other ENFP chicks who get compliments on their unique style?