• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: what makes you angry?

P

Phantonym

1) What makes you angry?
Intolerance, injustice, complete disregard of others beside oneself, deliberate cruelty and the list can go on and on...generally people and what people do.

2) Do you get angry often?
Rarely. I really can't remember the last time I was angry.

3) How do you deal with the problem?
I get angry. It passes. I analyze. I try to make people see my point of view and make them realize that what they're doing might not be quite "right".

4) How quick are you to resolve this emotion?
The anger part passes very quickly. But the aftermath can last for a very long time, constant analyzing of why, what, where and when and so on.

5) When you get angry, are your friends and family generally surprised at the content that makes you so?
Maybe not so much about the content but the fact that I get angry at all. Since I don't get angry very often it always comes as a surprise and people really don't know what to do with that information. But maybe, yes, people don't really expect me to have such a strong opinion on anything to get angry about it and that is surprising to them.

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
1) What makes you angry?

When people don't listen to me. Either when I'm trying to dole out advice that they imply they want or when I start opening up about myself & they ignore me or get distracted & act like what I'm saying is trivial or unimportant (to me, talking about myself, even in little frames is a HUGE deal).

When plans fall through, even little ones if there is more than one in a row.

When there is no resolution to something, as in immediate or eminent (able to be rationally predicted). I hate those situations where mistakes or conflicts pile on top of each other until its just a lose-lose situation & I'm helpless to change things. I'm bad with accepting that an ideal (win-win) is impossible, it makes me frustrated as hell.

When people disagree with me on something that I am sure is "right."

I could sum up all the above in: 'when my optimism (ideal) is shattered.'

2) Do you get angry often?
I hate getting angry. It makes me feel weak, selfish & vulnerable to criticism that is 'justified' (and therefore evidence for any self-doubts I have). I get frustrated more than most people. I can get sharp & snappy often, but 'angry' happens rarely.

3) How do you deal with the problem?
I have a sh*t-storm. Then its usually gone (and I'm left feeling the guilt associated with the above). Sometimes going off by myself for a little bit helps, but its usually just to get over the guilt. The anger rushes out when I express it through saying I'm really angry.

4) How quick are you to resolve this emotion?
If I'm mad at a situation it is gone relatively soon (no longer than a couple hours). If I am mad at a person the anger actually increases if there is no resolution. If we resolve whatever made me mad, the anger becomes focused on the situation (as in: "why did that even have to happen?!"). Then its gone soon. If there is no resolution it will go on until there is one or until I haven't seen them in so long that the emotions associated with them go in the background.

5) When you get angry, are your friends and family generally surprised at the content that makes you so?

Sometimes but not often. They usually know what sets me off. Though, I try hard not to be angry at all, so when I am really really mad they are surprised because it just overwhelms me (possibly in a situation I've handled better before.) Its usually compound stress & the factors above... all coming together at the same time. Then...
:steam::azdaja::ranting::ng_mad::BangHead: :steam::azdaja::ranting::ng_mad::BangHead: :steam::azdaja::ranting::ng_mad::BangHead: :steam::azdaja::ranting::ng_mad::BangHead: :steam::azdaja::ranting::ng_mad::BangHead: :steam::azdaja::ranting::ng_mad::BangHead: