• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: what makes you angry?

Immaculate Cloud

MBTI Type
INFJ
1) What makes you angry?

People who put a guilt trip on me and it is worse when it is family.
Manipulative people.
People who have a huge sense of entitlement.

What now merely annoys:

People who expect me to hear them out but will hardly extend the same courtesy to me...

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
^Hehe, when my alarm clock goes off, it's:
"Shut the fuck up retarded thing!" *Me throws stuff at it*

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i get angry the most when i feel things are unfair...or people perceive things differently than they were meant or expect things they have no right to expect...or treat myself or anyone else with disrespect, condescension or thoughtlessness...it's making me mad now actually...grrrr....

A

A window to the soul

i get angry the most when i feel things are unfair...or people perceive things differently than they were meant or expect things they have no right to expect...or treat myself or anyone else with disrespect, condescension or thoughtlessness...it's making me mad now actually...grrrr....

I hear ya. I agree 100%.:thumbup:

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sticklers.
Speaking as a Latin student, you have no idea how many people know their favorite grammar inside out but can't read in a way that doesn't make you doze off or lets your toenails roll back.

A

A window to the soul

Sticklers.
Speaking as a Latin student, you have no idea how many people know their favorite grammar inside out but can't read in a way that doesn't make you doze off or lets your toenails roll back.

Hmmm..... :thinking:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) What makes you angry?
I become angry when I fail to get my way, when someone expresses an offensive attitude, or when I see someone mistreated.

2) Do you get angry often?

I'm patient with people, but the moment any kind of object malfunctions, I'm hard-pressed not to tear it to pieces. Since I use a computer on a regular basis, I hardly need to tell you how often I get angry.

3) How do you deal with the problem?
When a person makes me angry, I become cold and self-righteous toward them. I'm likely to either withdraw and pointedly ignore their existence or give them a terse lecture. When an object makes me angry, I let loose a fiery stream of curse words . . . as long as no one's around to hear me.

4) How quick are you to resolve this emotion?

The fiery kind of anger soon diminishes, but it leaves me in a stormy mood for awhile. The cold kind of anger leaves a much longer-lasting mark; it redefines the person I feel it toward in such a way that every time I see them, I feel a coldness similar to the one that they originally provoked. The only way for me to resolve this is to change my view of that person, and this requires them to set off on a better foot and to stay on that foot for a long time.

5) When you get angry, are your friends and family generally surprised at the content that makes you so?
I can't answer this question, as I don't have a social life in which to show anyone anger.

Actually, the thing that makes me most angry is when I make idiotic mistakes. I was reminded of this just now when I had to go back through this post and change a couple of quote tags to bold tags.

A

A window to the soul

1) What makes you angry?
I become angry when I fail to get my way, when someone expresses an offensive attitude, or when I see someone mistreated.

I'm patient with people, but the moment any kind of object malfunctions, I'm hard-pressed not to tear it to pieces. Since I use a computer on a regular basis, I hardly need to tell you how often I get angry.

When a person makes me angry, I become cold and self-righteous toward them. I'm likely to either withdraw and pointedly ignore their existence or give them a terse lecture. When an object makes me angry, I let loose a fiery stream of curse words . . . as long as no one's around to hear me.

The fiery kind of anger soon diminishes, but it leaves me in a stormy mood for awhile. The cold kind of anger leaves a much longer-lasting mark; it redefines the person I feel it toward in such a way that every time I see them, I feel a coldness similar to the one that they originally provoked. The only way for me to resolve this is to change my view of that person, and this requires them to set off on a better foot and to stay on that foot for a long time.

5) When you get angry, are your friends and family generally surprised at the content that makes you so?
I can't answer this question, as I don't have a social life in which to show anyone anger.

Actually, the thing that makes me most angry is when I make idiotic mistakes. I was reminded of this just now when I had to go back through this post and change a couple of quote tags to bold tags.

We are so different. :blush: I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't totally relate.
....could this really describe me? I'm confused.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We are so different. :blush: I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't totally relate. I'm confused.
Maybe it's just the way I put it. On either side of that veneer of words, there may be an identical twin. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

A

A window to the soul

Maybe it's just the way I put it. On either side of that veneer of words, there may be an identical twin. Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Nooo, you're not crazy! Are you stressed? If so, you know I'll listen. Your posts are eloquently stated btw. :hug:

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
1) What makes you angry?
Being told what to do; Being ordered around; Get thrown around by mischievers, with intent to destroy rather than build bridges and grow trees; Insufficient grammar, particularly my own; Debates that spins off to personal accusations; My own immaturity; My own lack of knowledge; Absence of interest for the whole picture; Improbable* death; Narrow-mindedness, especially my own; War**; A wish to undermine potential in others; Hitting my toe into a doorsill; Playing chess against a bad winner; Certain sexual behavior that isn't welcomed by one of the objects; Fear of intelligence; To hear but not to listen; To see but not to react; If someone points a gun*** towards me or anyone else; If I feel physically threatened.

Disrespect comes in many colours and shades, also lies within shadows and waiting for the opportunity to rise. Prejudice can be a life-saver, even arrogance can save the world. They all make me equally mad when situations allow.
^IMO

*Surprises.
**Even though short wars actually boost capitalism and I generally understand that fire creates life, albeit a different sort than originally seen.
***Or any weapon.

I'm not sure. I really do have a horrible memory.

I don't show it and I tend to internalize the conflict until I'm sure I know what I get myself into. Which means that I shy away until I can discuss the matter fully; Of course I explain to whomever that I won't speak in the matter until I am ready to do so.
If someone is screaming at me or just heighten their tone of voice, it tends to break out into a full manner of accusations and display of verbal disrespect.

Afterwards I adress the issue, listen to the other mind's view, speak my own mind and then try to find a solution, often resulting in compromises.
Whenever I do speak of the problem, I feel more or less stone cold inside*. Logic and reasoning has always been the best way to go about when discerning what has happened and what to do about it.

*With a little flare made out of thousands and thousands of colours.

Depends on why, how, when and where, but I guess I could say 15 min to 24 hours. Just to be sure.

5) Does your family and friends, usually, act with surprise at the reason of your anger?
Not my family, they are very accustomed to the few outbreaks I get.
My friends on the other hand close to never witness a burst of negative emotions from my side. The odd times that I do turn 180 degrees is when someone has played with a needle close to me and playfully pressed it against my skin. I still seem to be her worst nightmares. :'/

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
1) What makes you angry?

+1. :yes: Will expand more on that later, though, it's late. :laugh:

Kyi

MBTI Type
ENFP
1. I get angry when people are pushy with me, when I am clearly opposing what they want. I don't like it when people brag excessively, arrogant, snobby, condescending, bitchy, resentful, and inconsiderate. People who are obviously trying to manipulate me, people who always think they know what they're talking about, people who can't listen, people who are judgemental and hypocrites, close mindedness, religious people, people who beg, people who can't take a hint... the list goes on. A lot of things will trigger that feeling of 'annoyance'. And eventually, it will turn to anger.

2. I get annoyed pretty easily, but I can tolerate it for a good while. It depends on who is annoying me though, for certain personality types, I will lash out a lot sooner because I feel like I have to "scold" them, whereas other people I respect more, I will tend to hold back. But once I am pissed, I am an emotional, crying, furious, wreck. Sometimes....

3. I usually get quiet when I'm hurt or annoyed. I do this now because I don't want to say anything I regret and try to let the feeling pass by. I hope that I can get my emotions under control eventually, and react to the situation appropriately, rather than screaming and jumping to conclusions and picking a fight with sarcastic/bitchy comments.

4. If its a minor annoyance, I will usually let things slide and try to forget about it, even though it may bother me more than it should. If it's something big... like being cheated on.. I will probably hold onto that for quite some time and be extremely resentful towards this person for a while and possibly never look at them in the same light.

5. They just think I'm too emotional. I think they are just unaware of how it affects me.

chris09

MBTI Type
INfP
I'm and INFP:
1) What makes you angry?
People who always say you are wrong because they have a different opinion, and wont let it go until you agree with them, as though theirs is the only correct opinion. Especially so when you tell them what experience led you to have that opinion, and they still tell you that you are wrong, as though your experience is invalid.

Not outwardly. Outward anger is incredibly, incredibly rare. Normally the anger will turn into sadness and then go away.

Let the emotions run their course. If there is still a problem after the emotion is passed, then I'll address it as calmly as possible.

Depends on how strong it is, and how much time I can have to myself.

hehe If they actually noticed it, they probably would!

Liquid Swordz

MBTI Type
INFP
So I know that there's already a general thread in the Bonfire section, but I'm interested in what angers the NF personas specifically. Also, note that I'm talking about personality/ideological differences, not specific incidences. So...

1) What makes you angry?

If there are any other questions that you would like to ask, feel free, as long as it remains on topic.

I'm too low in Emotional Intelligence to answer this question competently (I'm working on it.) Though I will say I like hitting things, and I don't mind hitting people.

Mostly other males, I'm not the domestic abuse type.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I'm too low in Emotional Intelligence to answer this question competently (I'm working on it.) Though I will say I like hitting things, and I don't mind hitting people.

Mostly other males, I'm not the domestic abuse type.

What about the males in your living quarters then? o_O

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
1) What makes you angry?
People who don't listen, don't understand, and judge you. People who refuse to grow up and face their own mistakes and problems. Injustice. Cruelty. My own flaws. Inability for others to see opinions besides their own.
Outwardly? Hmm. I get angry over things and get a bit dramatic, but it's only when someone really pushes me. If I'm not trying to shy away from conflict (or rather, am too stressed or tired to care), it'll burst like a dam, all that angry negative energy seeping out. Once it's started, it won't leave for a while, and I get this masochistic attachment to it. It's almost liberating, because I rarely let it out.

I try to think rationally. :laugh: I say only what I mean and mean what I say; I use it as an opportunity to let out what emotions I've been repressing to "keep the peace." But usually I'll try and find closure by confronting who or what is angering me. If that doesn't work, I find a way to channel it elsewhere--in acting, music, or writing. Usually writing.
Well, I only act really awful for the first day or two. Afterward I internalize it and try to find safer outlets. So several days.

Yes! Much so. Last night I got into a debate with friends and finally blew up and began lecturing because I was tired of the biased subjectivity I was hearing. "Oh my God! She got angry! She's never angry!" :doh: And even when I apologized for being a bitch I got the response, "Hah, you being a bitch...hahaha...if that's bitchy, I'm going to hell for sure."

(I think I like to think I'm angrier than I really am, and assume that I come off more aggressive than I actually do. :blush:)

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
1) What makes you angry?

Lots of things. But I generally don't hang on to them for long, so I can't think of anything in particular right now.

Yes. For sure.

Either I rage/blow up/get aggressive or I take my time and express how I'm feeling in an assertive way.

I rarely suppress it. And I'm not very reserved or introspective. I'm pretty much an open book.

If I'm not expressing anger openly, I'm probably not very angry.

If I'm irritable, it means I'm approaching anger, but not there yet.

This is a critical moment when wise people simply allow me to be irritable, and fools provoke me to anger.

I like to resolve it as quick as possible. I'm very impatient.

That's why I usually get aggressive and blow up.

I think the best thing for me to do is to acknowledge that I'm angry, but hold off on getting into details until I can express myself calmly and assertively.

Yeah, even my friends and family don't fully understand why I get angry about certain things.

I'm often unaffected by things that most people would get angry about, but tend to get angry about things that most people would be unaffected by.

A difference in values?

I don't know.....