• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] which mbti types are most likely to believe in god to least likely

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
which mbti types are most likely to believe in god to least likely ?

Seeker33

MBTI Type
ENFP
i would guess that sensors are more likely to take to organized religion than intuitives.

God is a different matter though. A creator god that judges you for your sins? A formless force that drives all existence? It could define on the definition

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any type can be religious or non-religious. A lot of stereotypes suggest SJ is the most likely to get involved with organized religion, since they enjoy tradition usually. NTs are usually considered least likely to be religious. NFs tend to fall in the middle. ESFJ is stereotypically associated with very religious people.

but keep in mind any type can be religious.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I'm an intp and i didn't believe in god when i was 7 years old using just my logic thinking .
Now i think that the human is so stupid and their knowlodges is so little that we need to create a new concept for god ( Stupid people trying to define god with 2000 years old concepts ) and even with that is almost impossible to analize anything outside our planet.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is anecdotal, but growing up in a Christian church, I saw a lot of SJs (all types) and SFPs, followed by NFPs and NFJs. There were comparatively fewer STPs and almost no NTs. A lot of people I meet who are interested in the spiritual and mystical (but not so much the Judeo-Christian concept of God) are SFPs, NFs, and, to a lesser degree, NTs. In my own experience, most likely to be atheists: NTs, STPs, and, to a lesser degree, NFJs. As a Protestant Christian myself, I have often felt very alone, and it's always a pleasure when I meet the rare INTP who shares my beliefs.

k9a4b

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Most likely NF types
Least likely ST types

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is anecdotal, but growing up in a Christian church, I saw a lot of SJs (all types) and SFPs, followed by NFPs and NFJs. There were comparatively fewer STPs and almost no NTs. A lot of people I meet who are interested in the spiritual and mystical (but not so much the Judeo-Christian concept of God) are SFPs, NFs, and, to a lesser degree, NTs. In my own experience, most likely to be atheists: NTs, STPs, and, to a lesser degree, NFJs. As a Protestant Christian myself, I have often felt very alone, and it's always a pleasure when I meet the rare INTP who shares my beliefs.

That's a cool perspective to here! :) I think a lot of people assume logic and religion do not mix, but I've known some very logical people who are religious. A church preacher I knew, I am fairly sure he is actually an ENTP. He shows most of the characteristics. And I think you NTs can have really unique perspectives on how religion plays in with logic and practical matters. :)

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think a lot of people assume logic and religion do not mix, but I've known some very logical people who are religious. A church preacher I knew, I am fairly sure he is actually an ENTP. He shows most of the characteristics. And I think you NTs can have really unique perspectives on how religion plays in with logic and practical matters. :)

I definitely believe you about that preacher. I'm pretty sure the church I was raised in is currently being led by an INT! :) Since I don't attend there anymore, I haven't had much opportunity to see him speak, but the few times I have, I was impressed by his very thorough analysis of the subject matter. There was definitely a rational, evidence-based argument style to it coupled with a lot of intuitive-type insights and associations.

Suaimhneas

Obviously it would vary within types and with every individual, but in my opinion the most likely would be those with a preference for Si and Fe: Someone who tends to value and adhere to tradition or expected views of the large group. I would think least likely would be NT types: Types that enjoy abstract theory and formulating new ideas as well as using logic instead of subjective values and feelings.

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think if we look at it from the perspective of how spiritual they may be, then I would say Ni users are the most likely. But, with organised religion I think any type can be religious.

When I say spiritual I refer to all forms of pagan and sacred views which are ancient and not particularly 'following a religion'.