• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you like people? lol

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Goodness, Se users may not prefer abstractions and theory but that doesn't mean they are inherently incapable of understanding. And just because someone disagrees doesn't mean they don't understand ... it seems like a misdirection of the argument.

á´…eparted

passages
If all of this is "prejudicial," please let me know and teach me otherwise.

How Functions Work: Inferior Ni (ESTP/ESFP) - Type Theory

Generally speaking, it is not a good idea to use tumblr as a source. Tumblr as a source for typology information is even worse in that regard as quite a lot of people wrongly make up what they want.

The best way to learn typology is to hang out here, and observe individual difference in others of various types. Sort of like people watching, and ask questions as they come up. It takes practice, and IMO years to get it down.

Sadly I can not explain more at this moment because I am at a conference and need to pay attention to the talks I am going to. The biggest thing is try not to be so aggressive in approach. Mods and members generally don't tolerate it well.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My initial response without thinking very much is... not really. Definitely not on a collective scale, because I think people really start to suck when they are in a group.

I also see a lot of people at their worst / when they're not shining -- ironically when they're ordering food and coffee in a coffee shop, it's like all filters tend to be off for most people in that setting, and I've always been an observer of human behavior and so a lot of stuff really rubs me the wrong way, and a lot of habits people have / lack of concern for things in more of a global sense -- so I have become slightly more jaded having worked in this setting for over 3 years mostly-full-time.

I of course love some individuals. :)

Edit: apparently I answered this after the thread already turned into a mess. lol.

Jaguar

WHERE DID I DO THAT? I'm seriously asking. Please quote it.

This is the comment in question:

Nah, you actually read more like a dominant Se user who cognitively prefers that things be spelled out literally for him, and, subsequently, is prone to misunderstanding and skeptically misinterpreting abstractions.

That's what you would see in many descriptions regarding Se, except for the word "nah."
You might get a warning for the word "nah." Since using the word "bullshit" is interpreted by some as an act of hostility, "nah" can't be that far behind.

á´…eparted

passages
To actually answer the thread, my natural inclination is a positive view of people. In a vacuum I assume everyone I meet is a good, well functioning person with good morals. This will rapidly change when I get evidence that counters this, but it is the default. It's actually quite jarring and upsetting to me when I see evidence that suggests people as a collective are not good with not good intentions or have damaging faults. Politics over the past few years has kinda crushed me with this.

On an individual level, I am actually quite picky. While the number of people I strongly dislike is quite low, most people I meet I don't have much of an interest in for a wide variety of reasons. The number of people that I like and want to get to know has always been historically been very low, and still is to this day.

With all that said, I am friendly and polite to almost everyone I meet. The only time I don't do that is when someone does something egregiously wrong.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My initial response without thinking very much is... not really. Definitely not on a collective scale, because I think people really start to suck when they are in a group.

I also see a lot of people at their worst / when they're not shining -- ironically when they're ordering food and coffee in a coffee shop, it's like all filters tend to be off for most people in that setting, and I've always been an observer of human behavior and so a lot of stuff really rubs me the wrong way, and a lot of habits people have / lack of concern for things in more of a global sense -- so I have become slightly more jaded having worked in this setting for over 3 years mostly-full-time.

I of course love some individuals. :)

Edit: apparently I answered this after the thread already turned into a mess. lol.
People have no coffee filters. :sadbanana:

It is really true that where food and money are involved, true character is revealed. I also feel disturbed by almost every group dynamic I've seen, except when people build hospitals, schools, soup kitchens, etc and specific things to help society, but then the actual political interaction of functioning inside those groups can go to bad again. I wish I knew what to do about it, but I don't. When I'm there I find I tend to like specific individuals until they start interacting, and then there is a lot of pain, stress, confusion, and harm. It just goes bad.

Jaguar

I also see a lot of people at their worst / when they're not shining -- ironically when they're ordering food and coffee in a coffee shop

The gals at Starbucks told me they deal with assholes all the time. I asked them how anyone could be a dick when ordering a coffee drink. What is there to be a dick about? Apparently a lot.

The gals at Starbucks told me they deal with assholes all the time. I asked them how anyone could be a dick when ordering a coffee drink. What is there to be a dick about? Apparently a lot.

Come to my town. Pretentious, entitled and impatient jackasses abound. I’m always pleasant with the barista’s and I tip well because they have to deal with the aforementioned bs all day long and still maintain a pleasant attitude. Not easy. I couldn’t do it. I’d be getting real real quickly.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's true. My theory is that for whatever reason non-decent people drop all pretenses of treating fellow humans with respect when they're ordering coffee/food/whatever -- anything in the retail/customer service industry, I would assume. When people walk into Starbucks, they enter their self-entitled self-absorbed bubble. For the same reason, I think that's why people on weekends are a lot more ass-holey than they are on workdays while they are working --- because on weekends it's 'their time' and they value it, so if they have to wait AT ALL it is *such an imposition*. etc etc

I DO genuinely like maybe 30% of the customers, though. ;) And 40% more are fine, I'm indifferent to them. I suck at customer service as a career though because I refuse to cater to the people I don't think are nice -- I just treat them very matter-of-factly. I don't suck up to people or bend over backwards to appease people if they are dicks / totally out of line or bitchy.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Come to my town. Pretentious, entitled and impatient jackasses abound. I’m always pleasant with the barista’s and I tip well because they have to deal with the aforementioned bs all day long and still maintain a pleasant attitude. Not easy. I couldn’t do it. I’d be getting real real quickly.

I have this weird habit of responding with a "yes, please", "yes, ma'am", "yes, sir" because even though I am pay for the goods, they are doing me a service.

And also because I want to create a pleasant interaction since I figure they probably have to deal with a lot of crabby people.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have this weird habit of responding with a "yes, please", "yes, ma'am", "yes, sir" because even though I am pay for the goods, they are doing me a service.

You are definitely in the 30-40% minority. And is much appreciated. :yes:

Right. They’re not servants or slaves and I also respond with yes please and thank you. I’ve worked retail and food service and it sucks. The last thing you need is some arrogant yuppie snapping his finger at you demanding you bow down to him.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I go in phases, where I am ok / can do it for a while, then for like a month it eats away at me, then I become resilient again. Fortunately the truly icky people aren't huge in number, though, so overall it's a positive workplace / is why I am able to do it.

I will say though that I do get 'real' but that is reflected in my being flat-faced and not being sugary with people. And is also why I'm not seen as a good candidate for anything higher up or am never super well-liked by district managers, for example. lol.

I go in phases, where I am ok / can do it for a while, then for like a month it eats away at me, then I become resilient again. Fortunately the truly icky people aren't huge in number, though, so overall it's a positive workplace / is why I am able to do it.

I will say though that I do get 'real' but that is reflected in my being flat-faced and not being sugary with people. And is also why I'm not seen as a good candidate for anything higher up or am never super well-liked by district managers, for example. lol.

Well yeah if you get too ‘real’ you get real unemployed. I’ve done that. Momentarily satisfying but only momentarily. lol

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Most of people are idiots but still worth for saving from themselves.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It’s at my place too. Although sometimes to cure some jerks is to be at a much higher mood than they are.

Before one of my cool supervisors left, we’d lie that stuff is broken lol or just say my supervisor WAS the manager and he better leave lol.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The man with schizophrenia at night was always a treat when he came by thinking it was his last day everyday.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think of this as a weird habit, I just see it as being courteous.

Any time I'm receiving any kind of service or if I'm addressing someone in a formal setting that I'm not familiar with, I almost always subconscious respond with "yes ma'am, yes sir, please, thank you, ect). Even though they may be providing me with a service I payed for, I still have a great amount of respect for the people in those kinds of professions, simply for what they go through and how physically demanding that kind of work can be.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
Like George Carlin once said: "I like people, but I like 'em in short bursts."