User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    I have this weird habit of responding with a "yes, please", "yes, ma'am", "yes, sir" because even though I am pay for the goods, they are doing me a service.
    You are definitely in the 30-40% minority. And is much appreciated.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes Tilt liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    I have this weird habit of responding with a "yes, please", "yes, ma'am", "yes, sir" because even though I am pay for the goods, they are doing me a service.
    Right. They’re not servants or slaves and I also respond with yes please and thank you. I’ve worked retail and food service and it sucks. The last thing you need is some arrogant yuppie snapping his finger at you demanding you bow down to him.
    Likes Tilt liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Come to my town. Pretentious, entitled and impatient jackasses abound. I’m always pleasant with the barista’s and I tip well because they have to deal with the aforementioned bs all day long and still maintain a pleasant attitude. Not easy. I couldn’t do it. I’d be getting real real quickly.
    I go in phases, where I am ok / can do it for a while, then for like a month it eats away at me, then I become resilient again. Fortunately the truly icky people aren't huge in number, though, so overall it's a positive workplace / is why I am able to do it.

I will say though that I do get 'real' but that is reflected in my being flat-faced and not being sugary with people. And is also why I'm not seen as a good candidate for anything higher up or am never super well-liked by district managers, for example. lol.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I go in phases, where I am ok / can do it for a while, then for like a month it eats away at me, then I become resilient again. Fortunately the truly icky people aren't huge in number, though, so overall it's a positive workplace / is why I am able to do it.

I will say though that I do get 'real' but that is reflected in my being flat-faced and not being sugary with people. And is also why I'm not seen as a good candidate for anything higher up or am never super well-liked by district managers, for example. lol.
    Well yeah if you get too ‘real’ you get real unemployed. I’ve done that. Momentarily satisfying but only momentarily. lol
    Likes cascadeco, phoenix31 liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Non_xsense View Post
    Amazing .... only took more than 3000 years of killing each others and other cultures .
    So you are.opposef to Western culture. Which Culture do you support?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Most of people are idiots but still worth for saving from themselves.
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The gals at Starbucks told me they deal with assholes all the time. I asked them how anyone could be a dick when ordering a coffee drink. What is there to be a dick about? Apparently a lot.
    It’s at my place too. Although sometimes to cure some jerks is to be at a much higher mood than they are.

Before one of my cool supervisors left, we’d lie that stuff is broken lol or just say my supervisor WAS the manager and he better leave lol.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

The man with schizophrenia at night was always a treat when he came by thinking it was his last day everyday.

I don't think of this as a weird habit, I just see it as being courteous.

Any time I'm receiving any kind of service or if I'm addressing someone in a formal setting that I'm not familiar with, I almost always subconscious respond with "yes ma'am, yes sir, please, thank you, ect). Even though they may be providing me with a service I payed for, I still have a great amount of respect for the people in those kinds of professions, simply for what they go through and how physically demanding that kind of work can be.
    Likes Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    TNT

Like George Carlin once said: "I like people, but I like 'em in short bursts."