-Wendell Berry

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

On most things I'm open and don't judge people much at all. I can easily like people who do something stupid, make mistakes, have bad taste, look funny, smell funny, are unreliable, irresponsible, ignorant, annoying, etc. I'm not less judgmental overall though, because I save it all for meanness and cruelty. Anyone who displays that behavior I mirror back equal disdain inside. I don't act on cruelty, but to the extent someone is cruel is the extent to which they should be stopped and even die. Most people are in the grey area, but those who cross certain lines of absolute cruelty receive my absolute, unyielding, undying hatred.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    Likes Digital Lion liked this post

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

More often than not, but not always. If I'm trying to focus or I just want quiet, and people are being loud and annoying, then no.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

I like the idea of people. The reality of them though... I think most are trying to do the best they can-but that can mean different-and conflicting-things for different people. Just because someone is doing the best they can-doesnt mean the things they are doing are necessarily the best things. And this can make people hard to deal with. It doesnt make me hate them because it is hard to hate someone who is genuinely trying for me but... it CAN yeah... make them hard to deal with.

I dont know if that made a ton of sense. Im more than a bit off tonight

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

by people you mean americans?

Permabanned

I'm lucky, I like most people, but some more than others. I do adore those with access to both their imagination and their sense of humour.

I definitely like one in particular.

Okay a few of you are good people.

The rest. Meh.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I'm lucky, I like most people, but some more than others. I do adore those with access to both their imagination and their sense of humour.
    you adore? pfff

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I agree with what @ceecee quoted:
    Shit on the people and what they want and what they're ready for. I don't give a goddamn about the people and what they want. This is the face of someone who has fought long and hard for the *good* of the people without caring much for any of 'em.
    I care about people in a general sense, but don't much like most of them on an individual and personal level. I think most people have more potential than they ever realize, which is especially disappointing because I can't even conclude that, on the whole, they are doing their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    One would hope that all of humanity is pure and good, or that light will overcome all shadows, but you're faced with this harsh reality instead, put through trials and lessons that can leave all but the most optimistic, and let's be honest, those in denial, in sort of a tailspin initially of trying to make sense of it all. And it's in this period, I feel that people will find themselves on an edge, staring at humanity in one way or another. Based on who they've become at that point, the experiences and people they've gone through and met, what their dreams and idealisms are, all of that comes to this point, where things are then weighed and judged. But certainly this doesn't literally happen in one singular moment, but a feel people experience this sort of reckoning period over oh...let's just say within their 20's is when they might face this, and then it is more or less decided, is humanity decent? can it be saved? should it be saved? I feel at this point, once that general perspective is chosen, you then start to see the world through that narrowed lens. It's no longer "the world is your oyster", but it's not in a pessimistic sense either. It's a semi conscious and...level of maturity that overtakes that child-like perspective.
    I developed this perspective much earlier than you suggest (20's). In fact, I cannot remember ever having the earlier, more childlike perspective you describe. No doubt I did at one point, I was just much younger.

How do I personally see humanity? I think it's perfectly fine, in all its flaws and rays of beauty. As in life, humanity faces its ups and downs, and it's a system, a sort of "entity" that I don't believe we can really change, or even should. Human events will occur, good and evil, but at our core, generally, what people's desires and needs are, I find to be quite universal, which means it is neither good or bad.
    I won't go so far as to say it is fine, but I do agree it simply is and there isn't too much we can do about it. The universality of this can be depressing, though, in a sort of least common denominator way.

Well...ok, so this post ended up being another long-ass mofo Dreamer post, but at least it ain't 10-pages long
    I knew it would. I also knew it would be worth reading.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

I’m too new age to be a misanthrope.

anyway who wants to take the easy and boring path in life?