• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you like people? lol

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
This about sums it up:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On most things I'm open and don't judge people much at all. I can easily like people who do something stupid, make mistakes, have bad taste, look funny, smell funny, are unreliable, irresponsible, ignorant, annoying, etc. I'm not less judgmental overall though, because I save it all for meanness and cruelty. Anyone who displays that behavior I mirror back equal disdain inside. I don't act on cruelty, but to the extent someone is cruel is the extent to which they should be stopped and even die. Most people are in the grey area, but those who cross certain lines of absolute cruelty receive my absolute, unyielding, undying hatred.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
More often than not, but not always. If I'm trying to focus or I just want quiet, and people are being loud and annoying, then no.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like the idea of people. The reality of them though... I think most are trying to do the best they can-but that can mean different-and conflicting-things for different people. Just because someone is doing the best they can-doesnt mean the things they are doing are necessarily the best things. And this can make people hard to deal with. It doesnt make me hate them because it is hard to hate someone who is genuinely trying for me but... it CAN yeah... make them hard to deal with.

I dont know if that made a ton of sense. Im more than a bit off tonight

Mole

Permabanned
I'm lucky, I like most people, but some more than others. I do adore those with access to both their imagination and their sense of humour.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm lucky, I like most people, but some more than others. I do adore those with access to both their imagination and their sense of humour.

you adore? pfff

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with what [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] quoted:
Shit on the people and what they want and what they're ready for. I don't give a goddamn about the people and what they want. This is the face of someone who has fought long and hard for the *good* of the people without caring much for any of 'em.
I care about people in a general sense, but don't much like most of them on an individual and personal level. I think most people have more potential than they ever realize, which is especially disappointing because I can't even conclude that, on the whole, they are doing their best.

One would hope that all of humanity is pure and good, or that light will overcome all shadows, but you're faced with this harsh reality instead, put through trials and lessons that can leave all but the most optimistic, and let's be honest, those in denial, in sort of a tailspin initially of trying to make sense of it all. And it's in this period, I feel that people will find themselves on an edge, staring at humanity in one way or another. Based on who they've become at that point, the experiences and people they've gone through and met, what their dreams and idealisms are, all of that comes to this point, where things are then weighed and judged. But certainly this doesn't literally happen in one singular moment, but a feel people experience this sort of reckoning period over oh...let's just say within their 20's is when they might face this, and then it is more or less decided, is humanity decent? can it be saved? should it be saved? I feel at this point, once that general perspective is chosen, you then start to see the world through that narrowed lens. It's no longer "the world is your oyster", but it's not in a pessimistic sense either. It's a semi conscious and...level of maturity that overtakes that child-like perspective.
I developed this perspective much earlier than you suggest (20's). In fact, I cannot remember ever having the earlier, more childlike perspective you describe. No doubt I did at one point, I was just much younger.

How do I personally see humanity? I think it's perfectly fine, in all its flaws and rays of beauty. As in life, humanity faces its ups and downs, and it's a system, a sort of "entity" that I don't believe we can really change, or even should. Human events will occur, good and evil, but at our core, generally, what people's desires and needs are, I find to be quite universal, which means it is neither good or bad.
I won't go so far as to say it is fine, but I do agree it simply is and there isn't too much we can do about it. The universality of this can be depressing, though, in a sort of least common denominator way.

Well...ok, so this post ended up being another long-ass mofo Dreamer post, but at least it ain't 10-pages long :newwink:
I knew it would. I also knew it would be worth reading.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’m too new age to be a misanthrope.

anyway who wants to take the easy and boring path in life?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I’m too new age to be a misanthrope.

anyway who wants to take the easy and boring path in life?

the mods, they are astronauts :)

Edit: Try again Entropie :)

~Dreamer

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I float across a spectrum from ambivalence to near-loathing. I couldn't see myself generally liking them. In the abstract I have different feelings towards them that I don't fully understand.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like people. :) I like asking them questions. Not always sure what to do with the answers but it’s fun. :)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think it matters how one feels about "people", regardless of your personal feelings toward every human on earth unless you live in a remote isolated island you'll have to deal with them, and you count amongst their number regardless if you do live on that remote island. You are the tomato in the mirror. Usually when referring to "people" whoever is using that term is referring to rather a particular group of people, most of the time. That's because (and if you're on this site I hope you're aware) not all people are the same and there are wide variances between every individual. No, I don't hate (general) people, that's a very myopic viewpoint.
This is very much my wavelength when it comes to this question.

Or, if I'm in the mood, I could also answer "Yes, out of spite."

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This is very much my wavelength when it comes to this question.

Or, if I'm in the mood, I could also answer "Yes, out of spite."

Doesnt sound like a person then, who responds well to being hit in the face :)

Kas

Fabula rasa
I like humans as individuals, but I don't really like people as a society.

Digital Lion

I will say that in general, I think it's a common thing for people to initially experience humanity, or people at a smaller scale, more idealistically, more romanticized. You know, when you're younger, you're still relatively sheltered from life and the experiences you could possibly live through, and the sorts of people you may run into might be fairly limited. But then a shift happens as you age and mature. You start to see the world for what it is, and what your idealized version is, and start comparing how the two differ. One would hope that all of humanity is pure and good, or that light will overcome all shadows, but you're faced with this harsh reality instead, put through trials and lessons that can leave all but the most optimistic, and let's be honest, those in denial, in sort of a tailspin initially of trying to make sense of it all.

And it's in this period, I feel that people will find themselves on an edge, staring at humanity in one way or another. Based on who they've become at that point, the experiences and people they've gone through and met, what their dreams and idealisms are, all of that comes to this point, where things are then weighed and judged.

But certainly this doesn't literally happen in one singular moment, but a feel people experience this sort of reckoning period over oh...let's just say within their 20's is when they might face this, and then it is more or less decided, is humanity decent? can it be saved? should it be saved? I feel at this point, once that general perspective is chosen, you then start to see the world through that narrowed lens. It's no longer "the world is your oyster", but it's not in a pessimistic sense either. It's a semi conscious and...level of maturity that overtakes that child-like perspective. But, people are always changing and growing so I wouldn't suggest these are definitive perspectives, but a generalized stance on humanity, that then shapes and flexes as you age and gain more experience. You come out in the end, a "victim", a "fighter", a "pacifist", eh, you get the point. You come out of this reckoning period with a general understanding of what humanity is, to you.

Yeah, overall this rings true but my disillusionment began very early on, where upon emerging from my mother's antagonistic womb, her umbilical chord was literally wrapped around my neck; and, unfortunately, from that moment on things between me and the world didn't really improve much. lol I'm currently in my 20s, but feel as though I've already lived multiple lives and timelines and absorbed the "lightest" and "darkest" perspectives from all corners of humanity. For as long as I can remember, I've had an ebb/flow, push/pull, struggle with a knot thing going on with how I've tried to self-orient, cope and deal with those "perspectives" and "insights"--at my most problematic, I succumbed and even reveled in our worst impulses and at my best, railed against said forces in seeking to chart an alternate, more optimistic and idealistic path forward. It's just that there's always a fight, some kind of inherent struggle involved and damn it, I'm tired. lol Don't get me wrong, generally, I'm armed for combat and ready to go, but I love to win (in the sense that there is quantifiable progress being made) more than I do to fight, in and of itself, and that's where it becomes really challenging. lol In the game of human folk, there's a shit ton of unsatisfying draws and accumulated losses, whether from forfeit or outright slaughter. And that fucking sucks...in that it is exhaustive, frequently disappointing and, subsequently, rather disheartening.

How do I personally see humanity? I think it's perfectly fine, in all its flaws and rays of beauty. As in life, humanity faces its ups and downs, and it's a system, a sort of "entity" that I don't believe we can really change, or even should. Human events will occur, good and evil, but at our core, generally, what people's desires and needs are, I find to be quite universal, which means it is neither good or bad. You just got to go with the flow, accept the reality for what it is, but don't let it bog you down in moments of despair, for there will always be moments of sheer kindness to offset the moments of pure evil. It's all in a balance. It's because of this view, I also tend to feel sort of indifferent towards most people. They may energize, disappoint, and sometimes downright confuse the hell out of me, but reflecting back on those universal, core, human desires and aspirations, I see people's actions, good or bad towards me, as reflections of those core motivators in a direct, contextual relationship to the immediate and long-term world around them.

The emboldened violates me to the core. lol A potential downside of being an EXXJ, perhaps? Fundamentally, I'm inclined to organize/optimize/control my environment, humans included. Unequivocally, I want to change people. According to MBTI and Jungian cognitive functions, isn't that what makes me, me? I subscribe to the notion that there are evolutionary and functionary advantages to possessing divergent ways of cognitively perceiving and interacting with the world--from the standpoint of being multiple parts of a whole, we are all necessary and vital in some way, harmoniously and disharmoniously so. Regardless of whether or not people actually change, my conundrum is that I'm compelled to help them do so. And there's much frustration therein...sucks to be me, I guess. **cue NFJ themed violin music** Lol But you are still correct in that control is an illusion and one can't always bend the world and its people to fit one's will. And for that reason, I often recite a version of the serenity prayer: "Universe grant me the serenity to accept the shit I cannot change; the courage to change the shit I can; and wisdom to know the difference." However, for some of us, this is much easier said than done.

I don't think it matters how one feels about "people", regardless of your personal feelings toward every human on earth unless you live in a remote isolated island you'll have to deal with them, and you count amongst their number regardless if you do live on that remote island.

Huh? It seems like you're saying that one's feelings about people doesn't matter because said feelings will neither keep them from interacting with people nor stop people from being people. In other words, just deal.

Well, for one, it does, in fact, matter how one feels about people seeing as how feelings usually factor to some degree in the actions one takes, which has externalized consequences and repercussions. Allegedly, Hitler was a "feeler" and we see the mass havoc and destruction of human life his "feelings" caused. Moreover, feelings often influence and dictate the actions of the disproportionate many (60%).

Furthermore, no where did I personally separate myself from the rest of humanity. That should be fairly obvious considering the multiple 1st person plural pronouns (we, us, our) I threw around.

You are the tomato in the mirror.

Not quite. In theory, as a high Fe user, I'm the mirror itself because I essentially absorb what people give off and reflect it back to them. Therefore, in returning to the produce metaphor, to some degree, I am the fruit of their fucked up works.

Usually when referring to "people" whoever is using that term is referring to rather a particular group of people, most of the time. That's because (and if you're on this site I hope you're aware) not all people are the same and there are wide variances between every individual. No, I don't hate (general) people, that's a very myopic viewpoint.

No, as far as my personalized comment, I was generally referring to people in the big picture, conceptual sense, which is why I mentioned that I've dealt with a wide spectrum of humanity, and amongst them all, found that there is a general proclivity towards shittiness. Having said that, I still allowed for the redeeming graces found in the "lone" individual. It's all there.

And where's your introverted iNtuition? Lol Must I literally point out that, duh, obviously "not all people are the same." That's not only a given, but was heavily implied. I was putting forth "people" as a narrow, distilled concept. It's like discussing a gut overrun with pathogenic candida albicans. Yes, some good and diversified gut flora might also be present, but it's still sage and accurate to classify and discuss the overarching condition for what it is, a yeast infection.