• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] How can I tell if an ENFP is into me?

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Maybe my P is just huge, but a lot of the times I don't even know that I like someone like thaaaat. Until they told me and then I think about it :)

Jeffster, if you had those bewbies I'd be seriously tempted to take a nap on them. As a very straight woman, they look very comfortable.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Shout out from the male enfp side... Everyone thinks I am a flirt, I ain't... I am just nice. God damn you people, since when was complementing someone on their looks flirting. Anyway, I also turn into a wierd silent nervous wreck if I am interested in someone.

Just like pheonix put it, how the hell is someone going to be able to interpret it. They can't.

I have one good thing for you though, your an INTJ, and for some reason, alot of us are into you guys... myself included. :)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Shout out from the male enfp side... Everyone thinks I am a flirt, I ain't... I am just nice. God damn you people, since when was complementing someone on their looks flirting. Anyway, I also turn into a wierd silent nervous wreck if I am interested in someone.

Just like pheonix put it, how the hell is someone going to be able to interpret it. They can't.

I have one good thing for you though, your an INTJ, and for some reason, alot of us are into you guys... myself included. :)

man don't you just wish you can be yourself plus a bit more style when attracted to someone? that's where i am. the chicks who i am interested in (by the time i'm sure of it) don't get attracted to me. when i'm being a friend though, some chicks do. o the irony.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
man don't you just wish you can be yourself plus a bit more style when attracted to someone? that's where i am. the chicks who i am interested in (by the time i'm sure of it) don't get attracted to me. when i'm being a friend though, some chicks do. o the irony.

We need some shaken not stirred james bond lessons.

Only problem there is we would feel fake.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hah, I can always tell if someone is into me almost immediately. It's all about body language and tone of voice.

When I like someone though, I'm always pretty subtle about it. I might occasionally do things that get them to consider that I might be into them,- let the thought pop into their heads when they least expect it.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
It's funny when they think you don't know but it's so obvious.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks for the responses. I suppose there's a very good chance she knows that I like her, and I think she's probably subtly flirting with me. I'll just keep being nice to her and see what happens :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, granted, I'm not a 'normal' ENFP, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

When I am attracted to someone, I get really shy, actually. I get nervous. Usually. Inside I'm bursting but I'm afraid to let it show. Sometimes, as a result, I can seem almost callous although I am not usually like that.

Once I've gotten over the initial shyness, however, I tend to be back to my ENFP self. Especially when I feel really comfy with someone.

What was funny about meeting my husband was that I never felt this awkward shyness - at all. I attribute it to not 'looking' for someone at the time, and just being 'natural.' :cool:

Sheesh, reading this over, it doesn't make any sense at all. :blush: Ahhh, just ignore me.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
new conclusion:

ENFPs over-analyze feelings of potential romance, possibly to the point of destroying the potential romance through not acting on a whim when the time was right.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
new conclusion:

ENFPs over-analyze feelings of potential romance, possibly to the point of destroying the potential romance through not acting on a whim when the time was right.

and this is a new conclusion how? :D

Twixt

MBTI Type
ISTP
some ENFPs *cough* have a hard time telling whether or not they like someone, let alone whether the beloved can tell... Furthermore, personally, when I try to flirt, I end up acting as I normally do (ie, silly, teasing) OR I act completely different, and get quiet and awkward. How could someone interpret that?! There's just no way! *whew*

Me too.

a lot of the times I don't even know that I like someone like thaaaat. Until they told me and then I think about it

Yes!! I practically never consider anyone romantically until they express an interest in me. Then i could get really into them. But then again, maybe not.

Its really weird because all ENFP descriptions have us tagged as "extremely perceptive and intuitive about people", because I frankly NEVER have any idea whether or not a person is romantically interested in me. You have to blare it with a trumpet before i realise, ie. state your interest explicitly so there's no other way i can (wrongly) analyse it.

Generally, I do a lot of research on people I'm 'into'. For one, I try to figure out their MBTI type. This occasionally comes up when we talk - if I show an interest in analysing your personality type, it could mean i'm romantically into you (or it could mean i'm trying to figure out if it'd be a good idea for me to be into you. i'll be trying to look out for potential pitfalls before committing anything.)

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I saw the ENFP in question this morning with an ESFP friend and she was literally hiding from me. She put herself behind someone else and a pillar. Is she being really shy or is this avoidance?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I saw the ENFP in question this morning with an ESFP friend and she was literally hiding from me. She put herself behind someone else and a pillar. Is she being really shy or is this avoidance?
She is being avoidant.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I see someone from afar whom I do not want to actually see, i.e. interact with, I literally hide, or book it in the opposite direction.

Sorry. :/

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
And to answer the OP, if an ENFP likes you, she will treat you differently.

Like duck, duck, goose. Where you are the goose, of course. ;)