• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF women: Favorite Movies/TV shows

reality.ensues

MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
TV:
5. Judge Mathis, iCarly, Jeopardy!, So You Think You Can Dance, 8 Simple Rules, Futurama, Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Books: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Animal Farm, Slumdog Millionaire, Roald Dahl's children's books, Harry Potter, His Dark Materials.

It would probably take me five hundred years to type out my want-to-read list.

jamisloan

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Shows: House, Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, Law & Order: SVU, Anything on the history channel but I really like Cities of the Underworld, American Idol sometimes, and Millionaire Matchmaker.

Movies: House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects are my all time favorite. And then Dumb and Dumber, Liar Liar, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, Hot Rod, & anything with Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, Jim Carrey, or Seth Rogan in it.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Favorite TV:

six feet under
californication
true blood (will have to see more but liking it so far)
30 rock
the big bang theory
friends
documentaries
penn & teller bullshit
house MD (the 4th season)
that 70's show

EDIT: Angels in America!

Movies:

atonement
the reader
revolutionary road
american beauty
the fountain
V for vendetta
lost in translation
spirited away
before sunrise & sunset
fightclub
the 40-year-old virgin
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
dogma
into the wild
elizabeth
the royal tenenbaums
adaptation
being john malkovich
the colour blue
black ice
fearless (peter weir's)
crouching tiger, hidden dragon

EDIT: How I could I've forgotten The man without a past.

Last edited:

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Most recent favorite...
movie: Pineapple Express
tv show: House

:)

pyramid

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
tv show: Futurama, Wondershowzen, Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny In Philadephia, the Simpsons, sci-fi series like Hitchcock Presents or Twilight Zone and programs about nature, the paranormal, extreme physics (e.g. BBC Four, Psychic Children, or anything with Michio Kaku nearby, respectively)

movies: Rivers & Tides, Helvetica, (most other documentaries...),
Todd Solandz stuff like Happiness, Palindromes, and Storytelling,
von Trier and his latest, Antichrist,
Idiocracy,
Society,
Super Troopers,
The Shining,
Requiem For A Dream

anything that qualifies as an older horror flick, or a "psychothriller" of any kind

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Current TV Shows: Madmen, Big Love, Entouage

Current Movies: Revolutionary Road, Inglorious Bastards, Little Miss Sunshine

Of yesteryear:

TV: Sex and the City, Seinfeld
Movies: Snatch, Fight Club, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Big Fish, Pulp Fiction

I'm sure there's more...but I can't think of any at the moment.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i rarely watch tv anymore, but i've liked shows like lost, friends... i also like good documentaries.

movies i watch quite a lot...

some of my favorites:

la vita è bella
shawshank redemption
the monty python movies
i also like some of the old goldie hawn movies :]
once
amelie...

decided

MBTI Type
INFJ
My favourite movie is The Princess Bride.
I also love Amelie, Before Sunrise/Before Sunset, and The Royal Tenenbaums.

My favourite TV shows at the moment are Bones and The Wire.
I also love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Deadwood, and Gilmore Girls.

(There are many others that I really enjoy but I'll leave it at that.)

Edit:
Oh, I should make a special mention of the BBC's Pride and Prejudice. So good!

Last edited:

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, I should make a special mention of the BBC's Pride and Prejudice. So good!

oh, i loved that! one of my all time favorites... it's very much like the book.

btw... i also liked snatch, eternal sunshine, ocean's eleven... i usually always like clint eastwood's movies. i mean the ones he has directed.

there are too many, really... i used to like the old tv-series, northern exposure, too.

Ghetto_mocha

MBTI Type
ENFP
Shows- NG Taboo, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, The Office, Coupling, Little Britain, Arrested Development, Strangers with Candy, Life, Planet Earth...
Movies- The Big Lebowski, The Dark Crystal, Cool Hand Luke, Waiting for Guffman, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Pocahontas, Baraka, Tommy Boy...

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
TV shows: Hmm...

Movies: Vanilla Sky — is that recent enough?

I'm not very good at watching the tele. I *am* Team Coco though, based on what I've TiVo'd.

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
TV shows (old and new): Gilmore Girls, Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill, Roseanne, most Nick at Nite shows, Cake Boss, How the Earth was Made, Lifetime movies, anything where I can either learn or fall in love. ;)

Movies: O Brother Where Art Thou?, Cool Hand Luke, Grind House, 300, Tristan + Isolde, Old School, Sling Blade, Grizzly Man, and almost all romantic comedies (My Best Friend's Wedding, Sweet Home Alabama, Runaway Bride, etc.)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Shows (in order, most recently): House, Gilmore Girls, Project Runway, Bones, The Nanny, Friends

Movies (in no order, the ones that BLEW my mind): Eternal Sunshine..., Closer (with Jude Law, Natalie Portman), Garden State, Lost In Translation, Before Sunrise/Sunset, Amelie

Entertainment Value: Juno, Pirates of the Caribbeans

homesick.alien

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I can't stand anything remotely gory. Anything.

Movies: Breakfast At Tiffany's, It Happened One Night, The Hangover, Forrest Gump... honestly, i'm not really a movie person

TV Shows: Friends, Will & Grace, House, Sex & The City, Skins

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Movies - The Crow and White Oleander

TV shows - Dexter and Cowboy Bebop

elyona

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
4w5
TV shows: House, Gilmore Girls, Skins, Glee, Modern Family, Arrested Development, The Office (UK), Little Britain...

Movies: Lost In Translation, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Forrest Gump, Dead Poets Society, American Beauty, Closer, Before Sunrise/Sunset, Titanic, Little Miss Sunshine, Atonement, A Single Man, A Fish Called Wanda, Monty Python movies...

:yes:

chelsea

MBTI Type
INFJ
Lets see, this is tough because I have a bunch...

T.V. Shows: Dexter, Being Erica, Glee, The Andy Griffith Show, The Office (U.S. and U.K.), SNL (When it is/was good), Mad Men (Really only the first and second seasons), The Closer, Grey's Anatomy, Law and Order, Criminal Minds, CSI: NY, The Big Bang Theory, Whose Line is it Anyway, South Park, Seinfeld, Roseanne, Frasier, Golden Girls, The Nanny, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, The Real Housewives, Soupy Sales, Rizzoli and Isles, and some other reality shows...

Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, Patch Adams, His Girl Friday, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Team America, A Philadelphia Story, Apollo 13, Au Revoir Les Enfants, The Breakfast Club, Cool Hand Luke, Saving Private Ryan, Patton, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Napoleon Dynamite, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Now and Again, Steel Magnolias, The Ten Commmandments, Forest Gump, Simon Birch, Grease, I am Sam, Dirty Dancing, Fried Green Tomatoes, Stepmom, Rear Window, Vertigo, Adam Sandler movies...

Some are recent, some aren't. I will admit I'm a t.v./movies junkie.

I wonder, do other NF's feel like books/t.v./movies are a way to just escape from reality and into our imaginations? I'm sure other types do this as well but it seems like it's especially important for NF's, at least this one. I like watching reality television or other fluff like shows to I can shut off for a while.

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
TV - don't watch tv

MOVIES - some of my favorites:
Match Point (or any Woody Allen movie)
Spinal Tap
Best in Show
Princess Bride
Young Frankenstein