• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF women: Favorite Movies/TV shows

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh...responded to this a long while back, but have two new movies to add:

Motorcycle Diaries (just saw it, and :heart: it)
Amadeus (don't know how I forgot it initially...I adore it)

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Recent stuff:

Shows: Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office, Lost, Medium, House Hunters

Movies: 500 Days of Summer, Inglorious Basterds, Observe and Report

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Current TV: Dexter, Ugly Betty, Project Runway, House, Lie to Me, Good Eats, South Park, lots of Discovery Health, HGTV, Comedy Central,... all depends on my mood. Seems like I just watch a lot of cartoon reruns more than anything.

Movies: V for Vendetta, A Clockwork Orange, 1984, Minority Report, Cyrano de Bergerac (Depardieu version)... honestly I like a variety of movies, I just seem to gravitate to dystopian futures a lot. Romantic movies, no, those won't be on my list, thanks... unless it's something with a really unique, one sided love sorta thing.

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
TV: Lost, 24, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons, L&O
Movies: Breakfast at Tiffany's, Bridget Jones' Diary, North & South (British version), Jab We Met, DDLJ and other romantic movies that escape my mind at the moment.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Recent meaning what we like at the moment or what was made recently? I'll go with the first...

TV: Monk, Futurama, The Vicar of Dibley, Only Fools and Horses, Yes Minister

Films: Amélie, Aladdin, 'The Mummy' series, WallE

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
favorite tv shows are the wire, golden girls, mad men, curb your enthusiasm, freaks and geeks, sex and the city, six feet under, big love, weeds.

i've started watching modern family which is pretty good, glee which is kinda bad but addicting. and right now i'm having a marathon of it's always sunny in philadelphia and i really like it

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Curb is fantastic. (I'm in drag btw)...

Danse_Macabre

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I don't watch much tv. But I watch Hungry Beast, The Gruen Transfer, Catalyst, Q&A and Doctor Who!!!!

Recent movies...(500) Days Of Summer, UP, Coraline

Banana

MBTI Type
INFP
As I am jobless, I have a lot of movie watching to report, here are the ones I have loved:

The White Countess
Chariots of Fire
Run, Fatboy, Run
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Death at a Funeral
Synecdoche
Boomerang (I love Grace Jones and the tacky parents of the uptight guy)
Where the Wild Things Are
District 9
Good Joy Division documentary - very sad, though.

Can't wait for The Road and The Lovely Bones to come out. This has been a great year for movies.

Tv is a shorter list. Dexter, House, Mad Men, Roseanne. Will and Grace, Frasier and Buffy have good jokes, but I get tired of watching them after a short while unless I am feeling really low and my brain has fried.

jawz

MBTI Type
INFx
Enneagram
TV: I don't watch a ton, but some all time favorites are Firefly, Buffy, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Twin Peaks (especially this).

Movies: There's too many to list! I'm a huge fan of horror movies. The more ridiculously bloody and the more gratuitous nudity, the better. I also have a strange obsession with the movie Phantom of the Paradise. I also have an affinity for anything that makes me have an existential crisis for at least a week after I watch it. I also really like Documentaries. Recent movies I really liked were A Serious Man and Inglourious Basterds.

Books: Ask the Dust by John Fante, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, Miss Lonelyhearts by Nathanael West, Still Life With Woodpecker Tom Robbins

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I'm 19, but I enjoy a lot of kid's shows and movies, too :3

More recent shows I like:

The Marvelous Misadventures of FlapJack
Flight of the Conchords
Tim & Eric: Awesome Show, Great Job!
The Mighty Boosh
Look Around You
House, M.D.
Scrubs
It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia
Pushing Daisies
Ghost Hunters
Paranormal State (even if it seems bogus LOL)
Destination Truth
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations

I'm actually more interested in morbid, factual television like 'Uncovering Jack the Ripper' and paranormal shows like 'Ghost Hunters'. A not-so-recent show that I love is 'Alfred Hitchcock Presents'.

Movies:

Edward Scissorhands
The Abominable Dr. Phibes
Star Wars Trilogy
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Harry Potter
Treasure Planet
Tarzan
Quills
Beauty and the Beast
Hercules
The Emporer's New Groove
Finding Nemo
Finding Neverland
28 Days Later
X-Men Movie Trilogy
Peter Pan
Sweeney Todd
Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Shaun of the Dead
Benny & Joon
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Don Juan DeMarco
Alive in Wonderland
The Nightmare Before Christmas

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
TV Shows: That 70's show, Friends, Family Guy, The Simpsons (LOVE!)

Movies: The Forgotten, Donnie Darko, Edward Scissorhands, X-men Trilogy, District 9, A Perfect Getaway, 2012, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, etc. Oh! Oh! & A Beautiful Mind.

EDIT: Holy shi- Kastor! I finished my post, and then read yours and made an :O face. We like a lot of the same movies!

v-in-tx

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
TV: Glee, Family Guy, Always Sunny in PA, the Simpsons, ATHF to name a "few"...

Movies: gosh where do i begin, way too many... i LOVE LOVE LOVE movies, for now i'll list some i enjoy (there are more recent ones in there, too)..... sixteen candles, shaun of the dead, hot fuzz, king of kong, away we go, ninja assasin, all the pixar movies, love actually, guy ritchie movies and the coen brothers' films, and i am an immense lover of musicals. 7 brides for 7 brothers, such a great movie *sigh*

Books: 100 Years of Solitude, and i've recently acquired a taste for the cheesy teenfic. favorite as of late? the mortal instruments series.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Favourite TV shows include Mighty Boosh, Family Guy, Being Human and although I am ashamed to say it...Jeremy Kyle :blush:

I don't really have a favourite movie. I'm into romantic dramas/romantic comedies, fantasy or anything particularly idealistic ;P
I also like tear jerkers. The last movie I cried at was The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas. I have watched it twice since then, and cried :blush:

Parrish

MBTI Type
infp
Tv show favourites include:
That 70`s show, Alo Alo, Little Britain, Ally Mcbeal, Dexters laboratory, Pinky and the Brain, Spongebob Squarepants, Dharma and Greg,...
I`ve just started watching Mental and so far I really like it. I watch other shows like Will&Grace or Scrubs if I accidentally catch them on TV, but I`m not a regular. I get bored of most of it too fast. I love the idea for Dead like me, but really dislike the main character. And I don`t understand the obsession with Prisson break.

Among favourite movies(or more like the top) are:
The Gladiator
Donny Darko
Cruel intentions
The green mile
The Fountain
eXistenz
the Indiana Jones movies
500 days of Summer
Growing op
If only
Hayao Miyazaki movies
I love you man
Equilibrium
the Matrix
P.S. I love you
Accepted
V for vendetta
The count of Monte Cristo
Die Sonnenalle
Leon
Clueless/Emma
Legally blonde (yeah, there, I said it.)
Edward Scissorhands, ...

I used to dislike Austin Powers (well I still don`t really like him) but I couldn`t stop laughing when I watched him again a while ago. My brother was all bored lookin like: :huh:, and I was like: :yim_rolling_on_the_ . Groovy!

LavaLucy

MBTI Type
infj
I just watched The Lovely Bones with a couple of my friends and all 3 of us really enjoyed it - I don't agree with the bad reviews.

Glassjaw

MBTI Type
INFJ
TV
Dexter (of ShowTime origin, not the cartoon)
Weeds (to an extent)
Chowder
The Misadventures of Flapjack
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
The Colbert Report
Chelsea Lately
Spongebob Squarepants (always a favorite)
Family Guy
South Park
Scrubs

I tend to not watch a lot of television, but if I do, it's generally stuff like the Travel Channel or Discovery, History, etc.

MOVIES
LOTR Trilogy
Sweeney Todd
The Emperor's New Groove
Nightmare Before Christmas
Pan's Labyrinth
Stranger Than Fiction
The Incredibles
Coraline
Donnie Darko
Talladega Nights
Brokeback Mountain (lol stfu)
The Butterfly Effect
Let The Right One In (looking into getting the novel)
30 Days of Night
The Green Mile
Accepted
The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas
Hot Fuzz
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland
28 Days Later

BOOKS
I read entirely too much, but here's a few:
The Mortal Instruments series
The Sight
Invisible Monsters
Sweep
Impulse
Burned
Holes
His Dark Materials
Firebringer
The Beast of Noor
Amazing Gracie

Last edited:

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I don't really watch television, but here are my favourites films:

Recent:
-City of Ember
-Wall-E
-Pontypool
-Luther
-Atonement
-Amazing Grace

Older:
-Secret of Roan Inish
-Elephant Man
-Moby Dick
-The Matrix
-The Lord of the Rings
-Fly Away Home
-Jane Eyre (Franco Zeffirelli)
-The Jesus Film (with Brian Deacon as Jesus)
-The Mighty
-The Iron Giant
-Rabbit-Proof Fence
-The Green Mile