User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Smile When an extravert becomes introverted ... for a while

I'm an ENFJ and am ridiculously extraverted most of the time. But I spent 7 months being 'introverted'.

In a general way....

would you say I became more like an INFJ seeing as I was using my introverted function more (Ni)?

Or would I have been using the opposite of my extraverted function (Fe) so Fi?

---

It does feel like I was developing my Ni - but would that be the say more 'automatic' approach?

"Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay." Dalai Lama

My social activity can become essentially non-exsistant for months at a time. My type, arrangement of functions, etc. doesn't change, nor do I become an introvert.
    Likes notmyapples liked this post

I've experienced that, I still believe that both extroversion and introversion is a thing, despite all the memes rubbishing the idea and making fun of people who claim to be ambiverts suggesting that they are simply "people" and that people identifying more strongly with one or the other social/introspection preference are kidding themselves.
    Likes Tilt liked this post

I E and I all day long.
    Likes Riverfairy liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I've experienced that, I still believe that both extroversion and introversion is a thing, despite all the memes rubbishing the idea and making fun of people who claim to be ambiverts suggesting that they are simply "people" and that people identifying more strongly with one or the other social/introspection preference are kidding themselves.
    I agree! Not sure I'm ambivalent to the full extent that maybe others are but it certainly felt like it for a while. Being kinda drained by people and valuing internal subjective reality as opposed to people and external reality.

It's so refreshing.

Do you find that you bounce back with force? As in back to super extrovert?

"Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay." Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Riverfairy View Post
    I agree! Not sure I'm ambivalent to the full extent that maybe others are but it certainly felt like it for a while. Being kinda drained by people and valuing internal subjective reality as opposed to people and external reality.

It's so refreshing.

Do you find that you bounce back with force? As in back to super extrovert?
    I'm not sure what super extrovert is, I feel a sort of drive to connectedness which is what I think of as extroversion, when I do spend time recharging from socially induced exhaustion I still read, write to people online, use instant messengers and write letters or whatever, it feels like the connectedness only a different species of it.

Someone had a visual concept of types which involved an infinity loop, you know it looks like an eight turned on its side, and linked between cognitive sets, I'm less sure sometimes of it in terms of thinking/feeling, judging/percepting etc. but in terms of introversion/extroversion it makes sense.

There are some sorts of behaviour, often labelled extrovert, which I find draining as an extrovert and which deter me from behaving in what people may think of as typical extrovert behaviour, like if people are being brash, outspoken, rude or obnoxious, often the insecurities and underlying issues feeding all that sort of thing scream out like a public announcement system to me and its usually accompanied by the people responsible for it being completely unawares of it themselves. That is tiring. I think to anyone of any type it would be, whether it is actually full blown toxicity or not.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm not sure what super extrovert is, I feel a sort of drive to connectedness which is what I think of as extroversion, when I do spend time recharging from socially induced exhaustion I still read, write to people online, use instant messengers and write letters or whatever, it feels like the connectedness only a different species of it.

Someone had a visual concept of types which involved an infinity loop, you know it looks like an eight turned on its side, and linked between cognitive sets, I'm less sure sometimes of it in terms of thinking/feeling, judging/percepting etc. but in terms of introversion/extroversion it makes sense.

There are some sorts of behaviour, often labelled extrovert, which I find draining as an extrovert and which deter me from behaving in what people may think of as typical extrovert behaviour, like if people are being brash, outspoken, rude or obnoxious, often the insecurities and underlying issues feeding all that sort of thing scream out like a public announcement system to me and its usually accompanied by the people responsible for it being completely unawares of it themselves. That is tiring. I think to anyone of any type it would be, whether it is actually full blown toxicity or not.
    When I say a super extravert I mean needing to and actually sending inner stuff out to the world and interacting with the world. WIth my particular type ENFJ it's realted to feelings and people.

Yeah I know what you mean ... being like that is not particularly extraverted as unconscious socially and internally. I used to do it myself - bad times

“I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

What the quote says is I think the reason why these behaviours are draining for someone - dirty feet.

If that someone is judjing it constantly then it would probably be more tiring.

Likes Lord Lavender liked this post

Saturn's Amethyst
    MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    749 so/sp

As a Ne dom (Commonly said to be called the "introverted" extroverts") and ive had introverted phases in the past at stages in my life. I think it stemmed from the fact I had to rely on myself more during stressful or times of change as I then had to withdraw to reflect on my inner states.

I don't look at it as a noun, I look at it as a verb. I'd go crazy if I did either for too long.

Socionics
    EIE Ni

You are still an extrovert but adapted to the environment.