• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Introverted/Extraverted relations of the same type: ENFJ-INFJ or ENFP-INFP

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
:fairy:

Hiyyaaa

A youtuber (Carolyn Zaikowsky) suggested that Introverted/Extroverted relations of the same type, in this case between ENFJ and INFJ can mean a lot of growth as their primary and secondary functions are inverted.

What are you thoughts on that for NF types?

And do you have experience living it, any relationships (friends, colleagues, lovers, family etc.)

-----

Here's the vid I referenced: YouTube

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hey :blush:

since no one has started the discussion yet but there are more than 50 views I'm gonna share my insight on the topic.

So both my parents are NFPs, one INFP and the other ENFP. :flame:

The INFP is very aware of her inner emotions and needs (dom Fi) and can intuit the potential in a situation (Secondary Ne) but sometimes gets it wrong and she can get caught up in her feelings.

:peepwall:

Whereas the ENFP has great intuitions (dom Ne) about people's future possibilities and tries to inspire them into doing them but sometimes forgets that they probably work subjectively in a different way to him (secondary Fi), thus sometimes failing at his attempts.

:charge:

So how does this affect their interaction?

Well I think they learn from each other in the sense that the ENFP is now more aware of his inner needs and emotions and the INFP is more aware of how to fulfil her future potential.

seeing as they have through trial and error learnt that projecting one's emotional behaviour onto others or getting caught up in your own emotions doesn't work for the respective goals (i.e. inspiring people and realising one's future potential)

-------------

I am an ENFJ and am in love with an INFJ :wubbie:.

This is how I percieve the interaction:

I have this adoration for his Ni that's a lil ridiculous. He can see inside people and then actually show me how to change in this passive manner that is amazing. I on the other hand feel I can see people's underlying passions and allow them to be verbal about them but feel I don't get deeper than that.

Also, I have learnt to chill out and be less loud less forceful with my social interactions and let things sit for a while and then get back to them.

:peaceout:

We both have a great sense of the long term future.

Sometimes he can be cold which I would find difficult to do, but I am more impulsive and then have to backtrack a lil to actually see the impact I'm making.

It feels as time goes on he is less cold and I am less impulsive.

:unicorn:

Has anyone experienced these behavious or feelings?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My mum is enfj I believe, and I am infj. We are excellent friends and partners in projects together. She's more action oriented, dares to try to actively effect more change, and is very good at accomplishing a lot while not making people feel she is too busy for them. I have some more Ni insight and I'm more likely to observe before speaking, particularly if I'm upset. We make a good team. As a romantic pairing, I think there would be great elements about this, but it probably wouldn't stretch either partner out of their comfort zone or supplement their weaknesses. I have had to learn over time to speak up more when I feel hurt or upset by her. She's very responsive though even if she doesn't admit it right out.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think its true. I've found being around a lot of INFPs keeps trying to put me in perspective of Fi. being E1 and around a lot of INFPs I think has stregthened my Fi over time to the point I think my Ne and Fi tend to work similarly in strength.

now if I could just get some extra Te and Si. :p

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think its true. I've found being around a lot of INFPs keeps trying to put me in perspective of Fi. being E1 and around a lot of INFPs I think has stregthened my Fi over time to the point I think my Ne and Fi tend to work similarly in strength.

now if I could just get some extra Te and Si. :p

Hahha oh the joys of type language ;)

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
ENFP married to an INFP, I think your perceptions fit well into the dynamic. I can't stand it when my INFP (though should be said possibly INTP) doesn't rate himself as highly as I feel he should and go for things which are actually easy for him aka reaching potential. Because ultimately I know he would be happy in a role more suited. In saying this he is now in a position he really enjoys but does need to go a little further now. Think INFP's can get stuck in a rut and the ENFP can bring some light to that but need to learn to do it in the right way.

For myself I know theres a great deal of thought that goes into making me feel good without sometimes the umph to motivate into actual doing stuff. Again a lot of work has gone into improvement in this regard. It's a very complimentary relationship.

My parent's was complicated too. Tried to make the post/comment as balanced as possible - obvious subjective bias happening :p

ps. I heard somewhere on youtube that INFPs can seem the less emotional of the F types as they can find that their inner feelings aren't consistent enough or incongruous to be expressed in outer reality. Gotta say one of my close friends seemed like that but since the typing thing he has opened up to me a lot more with his emotions ..... so much more emotion than I had thought previously! Interesting dynamic interacting with an Fi dom being an Fe dom. So different yet similar.

Do you feel being wih him intensifies your Fi in some way?

á´…eparted

passages
I have been close with many INFJ's over the years, and as a general rule tend to communicate easily and well with them.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really enjoy the company of INFPs. My INFP friends and I can talk for a long time about everything and nothing. They really also open my mind more to Fi.

I also feel very comfortable around INFPs. I feel I can let my guard down around them easier. Although, it should be said that I do let my guard down fairly easily regardless of type.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Concerning my experience with ENFPs, I view them as fun but a bit flighty. And that's definitely saying something coming from me. I enjoy how they almost always have something on their mind, I feel very optimistic around them in the way I do with dominant Pe types, and my dominant Fi also mellows them out a bit when the time calls for it. But there are quite a few differences. Their lack of realism can sometimes bother my tertiary Si, or more specifically their tendency to quickly disregard concreteness in situations that I believe call for it. Their Te can also have a bit of a snappy affect. Not in the way where I feel like I am walking on eggshells, but Fi can be very sensitive and Te in a tertiary position is sometimes a bit volatile.

Other than that, I really enjoy my time with them. We have very Fi-related conversations but they also bring my Ne more to the forefront, I don't feel exhausted interacting with them as I do with many others. We are different, although we can look similar when together. The easiest way to tell us apart is through our weaknesses and focuses. We do sort of help each other grow, but I would probably prefer someone on more the opposite end. I feel like stronger Te users help me improve, I find lots of similarities with ENFPs but similarities don't force you to work on your weaknesses. They are definitely one of my favorite types to have as friends though.

Mozzie610

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
My husband is an INFJ and I am an ENFJ. We communicate exceptionally good because I seem to be able to give him words to the feelings he has and hes able to see that I am more than just the words I speak. We also seem to each other's blind spots.

I do think that we can be a little too judgy about new things if we don't have another perspective so we do try to have other people around.