• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How are you introverted ENFPs?

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm not really introverted, but people sometimes think I am...

One way is that I can't really hang out with someone for more than two days.
By the third day, I'll be so bored and unresponsive. It's so terrible, Lol!

And in school I'm pretty quiet in classes, but totally freaking loud at lunch and other random places, like maybe gym and stuff.

What about you?

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
During school, I'm the class clown, active and full of energy to the max.

Then, on some days, I just chill on the computer after school until its time to go to sleep
of course on other days I go out partying or hang out with large groups of people. I'm very social, and thus not introverted in many ways

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am, perhaps, the most extroverted recluse known to mankind.

Being sensitive has its ups and downs.

I need to feel people in order to surround myself with them, sadly, I rarely feel people so I opt for my own company instead.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yea I have an ENFP friend that is just like that. I used to think he was more ENTP, but hes definitely ENFP and a videogame nerd hardcore. Pretty much most of his good friends are introverted but that could also be because hes an artist.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
What do you mean by "need to feel people"?
It means one of two things, the first being intrinsically instigated, where I need to be in high enough spirits where I like and hence "feel" people in general, and the second being extrinsically influenced where I actually feel the people whom I am surrounding myself with, i.e. I actually like my company.

Does that clear it up, any?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It means one of two things, the first being intrinsically instigated, where I need to be in high enough spirits where I like and hence "feel" people in general, and the second being extrinsically influenced where I actually feel the people whom I am surrounding myself with, i.e. I actually like my company.

Does that clear it up, any?

Yeah that makes sense. So is it fair to say that you don't like most people, which is why you are a loner? And you are really that reclusive? I don't think I've known an extrovert to have that trait.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ahhh the old intuitive-in-a-sensor-environment syndrome. i have it horribly. i tend to be extremely quiet and can't really do small talk well.

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
intuitive-in-a-sensor-environment syndrome.

What exactly is a "sensor enviroment"? and at the same time.. what's an "intuitive" environment?

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
What exactly is a "sensor enviroment"? and at the same time.. what's an "intuitive" environment?

well imo
"sensor environment" - ppl talk more about what's going on around them
"intuitive environment" - ppl talk more about what's behind the things that are going on around them. just more abstract.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
well imo
"sensor environment" - ppl talk more about what's going on around them
"intuitive environment" - ppl talk more about what's behind the things that are going on around them. just more abstract.

I don't understand this. Do you mean it literally, people talking about what's going on around them. I have never seen this.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
I'm not really introverted, but people sometimes think I am...

One way is that I can't really hang out with someone for more than two days.
By the third day, I'll be so bored and unresponsive. It's so terrible, Lol!

What about you?

I don't know about you, but the fact that I get so bored and unresponsive to someone is because that person can't keep up with what I say. I mean most of the time I am not on the same ground with people. My head is "in the clouds" so I'd like to talk about what I see from "above." People would just like to see and talk bout what's "in front". I don't see any point of keeping up w that type of conversations. It's exhausting.

I'm just truly an introverted extrovert.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I don't understand this. Do you mean it literally, people talking about what's going on around them. I have never seen this.

i don't think IEE meant that quite so literally. say we're talking politics. a typical S would talk about individual politicians and how they don't like some of them. a strong N would talk about the themes behind politics such as left vs right or the nature of democracy. of course, N's and S's would likely touch on both ends of the spectrum but you will still talk about one more. i can see how some of the ENFP's here will withdraw given the nature of some discussions.

personally though, i'l talk anyways :D. i'm quite liberal like that, i'll talk about whatever you want to talk about (unless we're in class and getting supremely off topic). the times i will withdraw are when there's quite a few people talking about specifics i am not well versed in. say they talk about the relationship between the US and russia, honestly, i don't know my history that well. then i will stay quiet. i won't feel comfortable doing it, but i will.

i also don't think i am as socially active as other E's. don't get me wrong, i have lots of friends that i can talk t and i'm not shy. it's just that my P makes me too lazy to get involved in too many activities. i may like parties but sometimes i just can't be fucked leaving home. my P out-trumps my E i guess in those situations.

hmmm... what else? i used to be quite shy as a child. i was always afraid of saying the socially unacceptable thing. there would be times where i force myself to be more social but end up overacting a role or character i have in my mind. that just creates more social awkwardness. i'm very open now, but yeah, i have definitely changed.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
i also don't think i am as socially active as other E's. don't get me wrong, i have lots of friends that i can talk t and i'm not shy. it's just that my P makes me too lazy to get involved in too many activities. i may like parties but sometimes i just can't be fucked leaving home. my P out-trumps my E i guess in those situations.
What does P have to do with going to parties? Just the fact that you are too lazy to make the plans and follow through with them? =(

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
What does P have to do with going to parties? Just the fact that you are too lazy to make plans and follow through with them? =(

pretty much :D. maybe i phrased my position in a bad way. a lot of times i'm slightly tired and i don't feel like going out. i like talking to those people, but hey, i don't feel like it because i'm tired and lazy. unlike a lot of E's i spend a lot of my weekends just at home. this surprises some people too. when i do party, i'm the life of the party (humble i know). i just don't have the urge to set myself activities. that's not with everyone though. i have some friends that are so close to me, i'll go talk to them anytime they wish. they just live overseas, that's all.

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
ahhh the old intuitive-in-a-sensor-environment syndrome.

Yessss... I swear, I must be like the only N in my class. I try and think if there's someone who isn't an S and I really come up short. Maybe 3 at most! :rolli: And I still wouldn't be sure who they are. If anyone in my class talks to me I'll be pretty funny and charming, but otherwise, I never want to jump into their conversations. I usually zone out halfway and realize that I should probably say something, so I do, but that's about it.

BUT The people I talk to endlessly in my classes are an INTP and an ENTJ. :wubbie: The others I haven't typed yet.

<3 Go intuitives!

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
what i mean by a sensor environment is, to be blunt, THE WORLD. i would venture to say Ns are 75-85% of the population. so to be a little more specific, really any social group, whether it be college, or work, or the bar/club, will most likely be full with sensors. this is still being quite general.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
what i mean by a sensor environment is, to be blunt, THE WORLD. i would venture to say Ns are 75-85% of the population. so to be a little more specific, really any social group, whether it be college, or work, or the bar/club, will most likely be full with sensors. this is still being quite general.

i agree... thats why i think in a lot of occasions most of ppl would perceive me as an introvert.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
*DISCLAIMER*
there are of course N environments