• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
Yep people have told me basically that my opinion didn't matter to them in a group situation and that I was just dead weight for them. Then shortly afterwards they find out what I was talking about was correct and they end up looking like idiots. It's both a curse and a blessing to be ahead of people a good amount of the time.

ditto this.

Kobe

MBTI Type
INFP
I love reading this tread, and as an INxP I'm truly considering INFP. There's a lot I can relate to in this thread.
Thanks for the nice and insightful posts guys. :cheers:

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
You're oblivious to things that are common sense/knowledge/place to others.

(Or at least this INFP is... :()

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
It's probably been said a thousand times...

...Things you find amusing, others consider creepy or weird.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yep people have told me basically that my opinion didn't matter to them in a group situation and that I was just dead weight for them. Then shortly afterwards they find out what I was talking about was correct and they end up looking like idiots. It's both a curse and a blessing to be ahead of people a good amount of the time.

I always trusted INFPs on certain areas, because they seem so insightful and clear on them. But as types we are probably close enough to see each other's points pretty quickly.

I've also noticed ISFPs are very very good at summing up best possible options in a given situation. For some reason no one ever seems to ask them for their opinions though, or take enough notice when they give them.

G

garbage

So it's like a lack of confidence/assertiveness issue? The INFP won't share his opinion because he feels it doesn't count, and then brushes the person off?

ditto this.

aww

I just want to hug every INFP in the whole world :hug:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Your capacity to understand metaphor and allusion is X

Your capacity to do basic arithmetic without making silly mistakes is y

You will therefore see that the following equation governs their relationship:

X!-1 = y

:D

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Piggy. :p Well, his real name is Sausage Pig, but he got sad always thinking he was gonna be eaten, so now we just call him Piggy. And my ex named his Phineas.

Aww cute story about the Winnie the Pooh! Does he speak as well?

Of course! He is a bear of very little brain though and sometimes gets confused because he doesnt follow the conversation very well. And he gets bits off fluff in his ear but he loves to talk!

Hehe your Piggy is funny, What does he like to talk about?

bearette

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
sometimes you are overwhelmed by the beauty of things around you but find it hard to express those feelings in words

similarly, you get overwhelmed by the cruelty in the world.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
when you know you could start a cult, and people would probably join, but don't because it goes against your beliefs to force beliefs on others. but yet you've seriously thought about it, because loud religious people have annoyed you so much. and you keep babbling even after the other person gets the point, and then you wonder if what you just said made any sense.

(i'm talking a real cult like for realz for realz)

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been meaning to create my own religion one day. :D

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I've been meaning to create my own religion one day. :D

oh, what kind of religion? :D (I'm still looking - I could become your first follower :jew:)

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd be the God basically. :D
Will need to build on that.

EDIT: No, no, no.. That would be too much work. I need to create different Gods... and eventually cause some kind of a conflict between more naturalistic, in-tune with earth and nature people and the more technologically advanced cyberpunk society. Each worshiping their own Gods and waging war throughout the universe. That is my dream.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know if i'd want to be worshipped, to much pressure.

and i'd probably not use my own beliefs I'd probably make up something ridiculus and convince everyone it's true, just to see if i could.

you know you should be finishing something but you're on here making meaningless posts.

R

Riva

Your capacity to understand metaphor and allusion is X

:D

can't help myself from saying totally unrelated thing.

i am not a INFP.
i have a hard time understanding some people MOST OF THE TIME if they don't use metaphors. and hints - i get it before the word comes out. lol

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
at least for me:

you oscillate between being super literal to super abstract, and their's no in between for you.