• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Grow up? You mean we actually do that someday?

Naw. Can't buy that.

"Grow. up"

What a concept. Someone PM me when you get there.
It won't be from me:tongue:

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
You have an allergic reaction to common cruelty. You’ve always hated when some asshole, who mistakes you for their buddy who’s on the same page, makes confidential remarks or cracks about the fat chick, the queer, the retard or (fill in the blank). One of your deepest primal aversions is the archetypal mob stoning or burning someone to death for being a “freak” of some kind.

Throwing away broken things, or seeing them already discarded, bothers you. As others have already mentioned, I first experienced this when I was a kid and couldn’t stand to see toys and stuffed animals thrown out, even after I’d lost interest in them. I can remember rescuing certain ones my mom threw out and then hiding them in the attic.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"You know you're an INFP when..."

You're undecided about your type, but INFP is one of the possibilities.

;)

superkumquat

MBTI Type
infp
Grow up. (verb) - To forget what it is that makes you a human being.
Love that.
You believe that the best way to do your homework is to leave it off until late night and even then, sit back, enjoy a nice warm cup of coffee, read and post on a forum and hope that everything will just work out magically.
Yup, that's me. Right now, in fact.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
You still sleep with a stuffed animal... and you are still proud of it.

elementaltale

MBTI Type
INFP
You know when your an INFP

When you seek perfection but upset that you do not represent that which you seek.

Say that five times fast.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you are INFP,
When you become everyone's emotional crutch, and no-one notices.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
You know you are an INFP when you care more about another person's problems than they care about their own.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you are an INFP when you care more about another person's problems than they care about their own.
I was trying to put that into words. Thanks.

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7
You have an allergic reaction to common cruelty. You’ve always hated when some asshole, who mistakes you for their buddy who’s on the same page, makes confidential remarks or cracks about the fat chick, the queer, the retard or (fill in the blank). One of your deepest primal aversions is the archetypal mob stoning or burning someone to death for being a “freak” of some kind.

Throwing away broken things, or seeing them already discarded, bothers you. As others have already mentioned, I first experienced this when I was a kid and couldn’t stand to see toys and stuffed animals thrown out, even after I’d lost interest in them. I can remember rescuing certain ones my mom threw out and then hiding them in the attic.

YES! Nothing makes me back away faster than that sort of superficial, mindlessly cruel judging that you know would hurt the person to the core if he/she heard it. I think I always identify somewhat with the person being judged and think that if the asshole only knew me better, then he would say similar things about me.

And throwing things away hurts me. When I was a kid, I used to say a prayer every time I threw a toothbrush away: "Oh toothbrush, you have served me well, thank you and please don't be sad now." :-D

To this day, I won't throw out old stuffed animals, even though there are hundreds sitting in storage. I still remember riding on the bus once and seeing the saddest thing: In an alley behind an apartment complex, a bedraggled lifesize teddy bear was sitting by the dumpster, his head bowed just like an abandoned human being. It was starting to rain and he would get soaked soon. I wanted to get off the bus and rescue him, but then there was the problem of what to do with him afterward, so I didn't. Still feel sad about that.

You still sleep with a stuffed animal... and you are still proud of it.

Guilty as charged! I'm 22 and I still sleep with a stuffed pig whom I talk to and for. Whenever I date a guy, I judge his coolness partly by how he reacts to the pig. My last boyfriend and I were together for a year and a half and by the end, he had bought his own pig and was talking to him and for him in a high-pitched little voice. :p We're wackjobs, no doubt about it.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you hold back on the best comeback, because you'll hurt some one's feelings.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
You know you are INFP,
When you become everyone's emotional crutch, and no-one notices.

And nobody is your emotional crutch but nobody seems to mind... ;)

elementaltale

MBTI Type
INFP
YES! Nothing makes me back away faster than that sort of superficial, mindlessly cruel judging that you know would hurt the person to the core if he/she heard it. I think I always identify somewhat with the person being judged and think that if the asshole only knew me better, then he would say similar things about me.

And throwing things away hurts me. When I was a kid, I used to say a prayer every time I threw a toothbrush away: "Oh toothbrush, you have served me well, thank you and please don't be sad now." :-D

To this day, I won't throw out old stuffed animals, even though there are hundreds sitting in storage. I still remember riding on the bus once and seeing the saddest thing: In an alley behind an apartment complex, a bedraggled lifesize teddy bear was sitting by the dumpster, his head bowed just like an abandoned human being. It was starting to rain and he would get soaked soon. I wanted to get off the bus and rescue him, but then there was the problem of what to do with him afterward, so I didn't. Still feel sad about that.

Guilty as charged! I'm 22 and I still sleep with a stuffed pig whom I talk to and for. Whenever I date a guy, I judge his coolness partly by how he reacts to the pig. My last boyfriend and I were together for a year and a half and by the end, he had bought his own pig and was talking to him and for him in a high-pitched little voice. :p We're wackjobs, no doubt about it.

That's cute! What's his name?

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1

Oops I missed that one sorry! Haha, I have a Winne the Pooh, and he's always a part of the group, he chills with the guys like he is one of them its great!

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7
Piggy. :p Well, his real name is Sausage Pig, but he got sad always thinking he was gonna be eaten, so now we just call him Piggy. And my ex named his Phineas.

Aww cute story about the Winnie the Pooh! Does he speak as well?