• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
You know you're an INFP when you can't bring yourself to get rid of that old blanket because you're afraid you'll hurt its feelings.

I had that when I was younger. I used to be the same with stuffed toys. Had to find them all and tuck them in before bed, and if one had fallen down the side of the bed or was missing, it was tragedy and a rescue operation was needed before sleep.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Trust me, show them a piece of Wonderland and see how they react. If it's good, keep going; if it's not, they're not worth the time. Te is a beautiful thing when Fi brings naught but pain.

:yes: TJ is furthermore a very useful function for ridding oneself of obnoxious people. I would recommend the judicious use of it to all INFPs who are having trouble with the aforementioned.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
wish I did, would be cool. Maybe I should ask an ENFJ to act on it instead.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If you seriously considered deleting the last post you made, you're an INFP.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When you look at an object, say a sign for those Target stores, and can't remember what the word means, what the red and white rings mean, whether the thing is a sign or not, what it's doing all the way up there, how you got in the car, is this even a car, if not how am I moving so fast, how do I break again?... etc., etc.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
find no joy in repetition
but enjoy delirium and the rinse-repeat of manic-depression
?

Chukamok

MBTI Type
IXFP
You try to make everyone happy, but feel like you failed miserably.

Banana

MBTI Type
INFP
"Having decided that someone is an utterly obnoxious asshole, you start thinking of ways you can help them become a nicer person."

there were so many things I related to in this thread but this one made me laugh out loud. i not only think of ways to help them become nicer, but immediately begin making overtures toward the person, talking them up to others and berating myself for ever being so shortsighted.

some others:

you know you are an infp when you avoid a scheduled responsibility in favor of commissioning satirical cartoons that passive-aggressively express your boredom and frustration with the mundane and...anything else you don't like.

when you come into work late only to stay late and come in on the weekends just to assure yourself you are not on anyone elses timetable.

when you fill out bureaucratic forms in the opposite order or answer simple, straightforward questions with a deflecting joke or an absurd invention.

when you rescue animals while spacing out on the ones you already have.

when you christmas shop with your bill money.

when you respond to compliments with embarrassment or skepticism (I wonder why they said that??)

when you feel more comfortable with strangers than with your intimate others.

when you overanalyze to the point where you have to go to sleep in order to shut your mind up.

lane777

nevermore
Sizing people up(analyzing others) is an obsession for you

You have some artistic outlet

You forget to eat or go to the bathroom until you're about to explode

You get lost in your own neighborhood.

You read in public

Deciding on a career is difficult because you have so many interests

You're so capable of responsability yet you hate having it pushed on you.

You are always searching for answers or ways to improve yourself.

Mistake yourself as INTJ,INFJ,ISTJ,ENFJ, and get home from Neptune in time for dinner

Disappear alot/in conversations and physically

You induldge in the dark thoughts like others do chocolate

You know you're an INFP when you can't bring yourself to get rid of that old blanket because you're afraid you'll hurt its feelings.

...when you find yourself to be obsessed over "darkness" and suffering only because you are so in love with the "light".

You are prone to trusting a complete stranger.

Find no joy in repetition.

Yep.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
- you can remember conversations from years ago, but can't remember to clean your room.

- your INTJ friend takes the time to mock you then discovers that he is also very similar, hence the laughing stops.

- if you are more interested in personality types than others.

- you get so lost in your thoughts you don't realize an hour has passed.

- you want life to be great, but can't get passed not having your ideals met.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
having multiple personalities doesn't disturb you until you feel whole and intergrated

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Having located twenty-seven different varieties of tea to offer to your guests, you are quite unable to locate a clean receptacle in which the aforementioned beverages may actually be served.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
When you constantly wonder what your doing with your life, and why.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You can't put your thoughts into words.

Can't call yourself religious, nor can you call yourself an atheist... but can't stay away from fantasy long enough to explain it to others.