• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You look at the big picture of alls these worries we face and little things we do which we have to live with and think.............................................................................wow.

Patriot

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
when you reanalyze something you just finished analyzing.

Hokey smokes. :yes:

Serenes said:
you constantly say please, thank you, and sorry.. even when it's not a big deal. This is because you don't want to come off as rude, impolite, and unappreciative.. you care about how you affect others even if it's small!

People have told me I'm too apologetic. I guess if you say sorry too much, you can come across as being insecure. So I've been trying to cut back :laugh:

I say please and thank you for pretty much everything, too. Again, probably a little excessively.

Basically everything GirlFromMars said.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People have told me I'm too apologetic.

I have the same issue, at times. Of course, I tend to instantly respond with "Sorry about that!"

KDude

I don't think I excessively apologize. I mean, I try to avoid conflict, of course, and may apologize if I detect that there could be a snag or some area with a person I'm unsure about or suspect, but I'd like to think it's just common courtesy. At times, perhaps it seems like "common courtesy" isn't very common, and I might stand out, but I don't think I truly stand out. Not like one of those comedic tropes we might see in movies. Fred from Buffy/Angel, for example. She's always kind of apologizing, then apologizing for apologizing, then snorting and looking down, apologizing again and walking away. Heh. How can anyone not love Fred..? She isn't me though. As much as I don't particularly like it, it can be pretty much the opposite of apologizing. If I find out that there is going to be tension no matter what with someone or the cost is too undignified if I obliged them.

Fi - Introverted Feeling
Adapted from Linda V. Berens and Dario Nardi, Understanding Yourself and Others®: An Introduction to the Personality Type Code (Telos Publications, 2004) *Used with permission.

It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

In Socionics terms, I am an EII (Fi-Ne)

EIIs are usually very straightforward about their feelings in front of others; what you see from them is what you get. Even at a party where everyone is supposed to be happy, they still find it hard to conceal their true feelings when they are in a bad mood. This can create distaste among the rest who feel that the EII is not cooperating by contributing to the positive and boisterous mood. This tends to lead others who don't know the EII well to have a misconception that he/she is a grouchy person by nature.

It doesn't say anything about apologizing, but connect the dots.

twengkiedo

MBTI Type
INFP
You've thought or currently think your type is INFJ, INTP, or INTJ. Simultaneously.

Hahaha you guys are always funny. I'm the same. Confused with my personality type. While I am changing, everyone around me sticks to their type. :)

twengkiedo

MBTI Type
INFP
Not even a little bit?
This is the reason why every one thinks I'm innocent, isn't it? (I'm thirty, I really should grow up).

While my best friend thought that the guy from the movie Into The Wild was insane, I thought he was brilliant...

How this world sucks. I can't see the beauty before me, the people, the view. It's always inside my head and this vision of perfection.

twengkiedo

MBTI Type
INFP
You have an allergic reaction to common cruelty. You�ve always hated when some asshole, who mistakes you for their buddy who�s on the same page, makes confidential remarks or cracks about the fat chick, the queer, the retard or (fill in the blank). One of your deepest primal aversions is the archetypal mob stoning or burning someone to death for being a �freak� of some kind.

Throwing away broken things, or seeing them already discarded, bothers you. As others have already mentioned, I first experienced this when I was a kid and couldn�t stand to see toys and stuffed animals thrown out, even after I�d lost interest in them. I can remember rescuing certain ones my mom threw out and then hiding them in the attic.

hahahahaha...that's really something i can relate to. My room's filled with things that people thought are junk, while to me they are memories. :)

All pillows and stuffed animals in my room and in my best friend's room are treated as individuals. They exist. We talk to them and we respect their likes. We even give them presents.

I celebrate my birthday with my teddy bear. There should be two birthday cakes and I'm 28. My teddy bear has a facebook account. People say hi to her instead of me.

twengkiedo

MBTI Type
INFP
i could be wrong but...
you know when you're an infp when...
you spot a cat and you give him your angry face :devil: and you 2 have a staring match going on ,
THEN you switch really quick to a happy face :cheese: just to see his reaction!

995290158_9229681083.jpg

confused_look_cat.jpg

hahahaha i do this to dogs too and i've been bitten by one of them.

Silmatria

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
...You have a deep existential crisis and manage to absorb that too and indulge in it.

...You despise stupid/childish sense of humor.

...You seek meaning behind everything.

...You start writing something thinking you don't have much to say and end up spilling so so much.

...You start talking about something that was clear in your head and meant to be short, and you just...can't...stop...

...You think about your personal traits all the time.

...People constantly ask you what's wrong. (Words can't describe how much this annoys me)

...You are either extremely excited or completely disinterested, and switch easily between the two. Like, instantly. It's a talent, I swear.

...You feel you understand things deeply. Especially feelings.

...You feel the need to make excuses for other people, even when they did nothing bad to *you*.

...You are able to be in isolation for weeks and not give two shits.

...You often dream of just having one whole day to just sit in a spring meadow under a tree and meditate.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're so excited when fate brings you and your INTJ friend together :happy2: but they're so caught up in Ni :dry: that they don't even see you there, and you're so caught up in Fi that you don't want to inconvenience them by talking to them directly :unsure:.
You usually get along better with women than men ;).

You fall in love with people you regularly communicate with and see :wubbie:.

IDreamtIWasABee

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You miss an imaginary boyfriend or girlfriend from 10 years ago more than the living, breathing one you had at the same time.

anahamplified

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When you want to succeed but sometimes lack the motivation
When you feel "different" than everyone else
when you feel like there's an empty space
when you need time to yourself in order to recharge
when you want to try to like people, but sometimes you just can't..

I could go on, and on and on.:mellow:

Kas

Fabula rasa
... When you are supposed to make a video of you talking to your friend and you try to record it time after time;finally you find out you recorded 42 videos and you hate them all , because it's terrible to see in video how you act and talk (in sort of artificial, theatrical way). So in the end you send first one, cancel rest and eat a bar of caramel chocolate because this isn't a good day:nono:

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
You know you're an INFP when you get a vibe from someone or something, and your vibe turns out to be fact.

This happens to me A LOT. I get a feeling almost like a premonition, but less articulable. Then that feeling comes to fruition in reality, and the vindication is so, so sweet.