• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You know you're an INFP when...

Lotr246

You talk about the "feeling" you get from something. Such as, that movie gave me a bad "feel". Maybe this happens with all feeling types.

You are always searching for answers or ways to improve yourself.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you have flash backs of embarrassing moments at the most inconvienent times.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
you have bittersweet ideals of sadness, longing and "being different."

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Much truth in this thread. To what's been posted so far I will add:

-If you are not in an embarrassing situation or remembering an embarrassing situation, you are imagining that you are causing an embarrassing situation in the present and get embarrassed in advance of it happening even though it is unlikely.

-You enjoy theorizing, and unlike the INTP a lack of facts does not hold you back.

-You noticed that "lack" and "back" rhyme and you immediately try to think of a melody and chorus.

-You started typing here several hours ago, opened up the smiley menu because you thought it would be cool to have a different smiley for each item you were goi

-You were typing the above half an hour ago but then had to run to the store for pretzels and dip because you found yourself in a sudden mood for pretzels and dip. (That dilly dip that has just that hint of dill and some onion but not too much.)

-Sorry, just got back from another browser window. Where was I?

-You like this icon for 23 minutes a day: :party2: and this icon for the other 23 hours 37 minutes of the day: :peepwall:

-You're never went to the store to get those pretzels and you're thinking about how you never meet anyone at the store even though people say all the time "hey why not try meeting someone at the store" even though you've never met anyone at the store, you've never seen anyone meet anyone else at the store, you've never heard of or met anyone who's heard of meeting anyone at the store, and now you spiral downward into a deep pondering session where you wonder if there is anyone else out there who might be shopping for pretzels on a Saturday night...

-Portishead is like that "Zip-ah-Dee-Doo-Dah" song for you but with crows instead of bluebirds... If you're INFP and haven't experienced the luxurious auditory despair of Portishead listen now! Especially "The Rip" from Third. Go right now to their Myspace page and check out the video: MySpace.com - Portishead - BRISTOL, UK - Other / Experimental / Psychedelic - www.myspace.com/portisheadalbum3 Beth Gibbons = :wubbie:

Also, fittingly the intro to Third in Portuguese translates to: "Beware to the rule of three. What you give comes back to you. You should learn this lesson. You only receive what you deserve." Very INFP

Also, have a heaping helping of Radiohead's "In Rainbows" every day. It is chicken soup for the INFP soul.

-If you try to get everyone to listen to the bands you like because you feel that then all of humanity could transcend to a higher level, but unfortunately they keep listening to Britney Spears...

-If you could communicate everything you need to in your daily life by quoting song lyrics from your several hundred favorite album whose songs you know by heart...

-You were working on a document several hours ago that you still have open in another window to come here to type this post, then put off finishing typing this post to view/listen to Internet videos that you found while searching for Portishead clips, leading to numerous layers of procrastination...

-"magical" things makes you sneeze (I once sneezed 30 times while really deeply listening to the glorious majesty that is Paranoid Android for example...) I guess this goes overall with having a strong physical reaction to emotions...

-you realize it was three hours ago now the pretzel idea first struck you, you realize you haven't eaten dinner yet either, and suddenly fear strikes your heart for you wonder if you left something on the stove.

-now you're back after a quarter hour from catching the end of a show downstairs after checking to make sure nothing was melting from the stovetop

-you don't get embarrassed when watching a movie and people are making out on-screen but you have to cover your eyes or go hide during certain parts of "Sleepless in Seattle"

-even though you have a high-end computer with a blazing fast processor, tons of memory, and a stable OS installation, you can easily crash your rig through the sheer number of browser windows you open while exploring the web and then never close them nor get back to them on your trek forward into new things...

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
i could relate to a few things on this quite well, maybe I'm one of your tribe after all.

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
-You're never went to the store to get those pretzels and you're thinking about how you never meet anyone at the store even though people say all the time "hey why not try meeting someone at the store" even though you've never met anyone at the store, you've never seen anyone meet anyone else at the store, you've never heard of or met anyone who's heard of meeting anyone at the store, and now you spiral downward into a deep pondering session where you wonder if there is anyone else out there who might be shopping for pretzels on a Saturday night...

LOL, I can relate to this so much. :)

ring the bell

Also, have a heaping helping of Radiohead's "In Rainbows" every day. It is chicken soup for the INFP soul.

I listen to this album daily. It's been in my cd player in the car for at least 6 monthes... I like the odd numbered songs the most, and always wonder if they did that on purpose?

Lotr246

Existentialism is your middle name

Deciding on a career is difficult because you have so many interests

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Existentialism is your middle name

Deciding on a career is difficult because you have so many interests

haha So true... I finally realized my chosen career path but even now I can't be on it because of financial reasons. Though I am trying to clear that up!

Lotr246

You can do a lot with a small amount of information. Basically, you see the world in a grain of sand.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
-If you try to get everyone to listen to the bands you like because you feel that then all of humanity could transcend to a higher level, but unfortunately they keep listening to Britney Spears...
LOL, so true!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Originally Posted by speculative View Post

LOL, so true!

Quoting a quote for double emphasis :yes:

( No one like my Eurometal as much as I do... :cry: )

EDIT to add: "It takes effort to do a boring assignment, but if there's something that irks you about it you'll go to great lengths to correct it."
An assignment I received for a government class was copied but it was printed crooked and warped. IT REALLY bugged me... so I made my own of those sheets (They were data tables, lots of tediousness).

Lotr246

You are idealistic, but also very cynical when you're in one of your bad moods.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are idealistic, but also very cynical when you're in one of your bad moods.
Bitterly so, at times.

You know you are INFP, when you spent a sleepless night worrying about something you said to a work college, only to find out, not only did it not hurt their feelings, they've forgotten about it.:doh::

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
You take a tomato from the freezer, and let your mind synchronize and cojoin , you start making all sorts of theories on how the tomato ended up in your grocery bag, you have vivid imaginations of it's past life, it's emotions , its very essence... but then again it's just a tomato.