• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] I do not agree with something

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
I heard people saying that an INFP and ESTJ for an example are the perfect example for an unconditional love , because they're so different and the rare cases that they were meant to be they're respect each other difference , for me it's not true this match made in hell and it isn't the perfect example for an unconditional love , What do you think ?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Duality is more a thing in socionics I think. People say opposites attract but honestly I don't think it's very type related. Also, unconditional love love doesn't exist; there are always conditions.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Peacebaby and her husband seem to be happy together, but I don't know of any other instances of that pairing. I'd think it would require a lot of adjustment on both people's parts to make it work.

I noticed though that you have infj in your type, so if you meant infj, I had a go at that pairing. I was attracted to his decisiveness, gregariousness and competency. Many of our strengths and weaknesses were complementary. Over time though, the lack of communication caused a lot of issues. I wouldn't do it again.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought the change for MBTI is just the middle letter?

So INFP would be ideal with ISFP and so on? XD

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Relationships need some commonality to survive. Complete opposites may attract, but without commonality of some sort it won't work. Perhaps opposite MBTI types work if they are culturally similar, or the same MBTI types find interest when they have different cultures, but similar ways of thinking.

After all of the relationships I've experienced, I don't think opposites work that well. The ways I was the same as my partners was always the happiest part, and the ways we were different caused trouble. It is sometimes that simple and obvious. Opposite traits can be interesting, but it has to be a compatible form of opposites. Not all types of differences work and I think that is obvious to most people.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any type can have any sort of relationship. There are a hundred theories about what makes the 'perfect match', be it switching the two inner letters, the two outer letters, the sensor/intuitive dynamic and so on. The truth is that some type pairings will have relationship issues that will be specific to them because of their functions, but people are far more than just their MBTI.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Relationships are not limited to type. I can’t say I can think of any INFP and ESTJ couples off the top of my head, but there are probably some very healthy loving relationships between the two types.

I personally really like my “opposite” type—ISTJ. I’ve never been in a relationship with one, but I like the perspective they bring into the world. I’ve had generally positive experiences with ISTJ. Opposites do attract sometimes, but it more depends on the person.

Although, relationship-wise, I have a penchant for attracting Fi-dom males. Pretty much everyone who has ever been serious about pursuing a relationship with me has been an INFP or an ISFP guy. It’s not that i have a type, but I think I might draw in certain types.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
about something

Relationships are not limited to type. I can’t say I can think of any INFP and ESTJ couples off the top of my head, but there are probably some very healthy loving relationships between the two types.

I personally really like my “opposite” type—ISTJ. I’ve never been in a relationship with one, but I like the perspective they bring into the world. I’ve had generally positive experiences with ISTJ. Opposites do attract sometimes, but it more depends on the person.

Although, relationship-wise, I have a penchant for attracting Fi-dom males. Pretty much everyone who has ever been serious about pursuing a relationship with me has been an INFP or an ISFP guy. It’s not that i have a type, but I think I might draw in certain types.

But i do not agree , that some people say , that infp and estj is the ultimate unconditional love because they're so different , That match made in hell , for sure it is not true

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is a statement which brings up a topic which is extremely open to scrutiny, though, which subject is not extremely open to scrutiny? Anyways, in order to deem dualistic functions compatible, which is an assumption based on the application of the principle of "opposites attract" to relationships, we need to be sure about that the principle in question is whether successfully applied to the mbti of relationships or whether it is based on a lens of how people want to see or assume relationships, for the attraction of opposites has been deemed "unattainable" by many concerning social relations, therefore it'd not be risky to think that people who are preaching this subject at hand are not motivated by a romantic, forlorn hope, for the love of the unattainable and the conquest of that object of desire in question has possessed many.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any pairing can work if both people are mature and willing to work at it. Some type combinations will require more work than others.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Relationships with any type and any type are work. Some relationships are more work than others. Some work better than others; but they all take work to work regardless of type...but that's just my wooden nickels on the matter.

If you can’t agree on the core beliefs you hold, you’re going to come at life from different directions and seek different things from it. A superficial person isn’t going to mesh with someone who values character. A devoutly religious person isn’t going to seek a partnership with an atheist. More than likely a socialite isn’t going to want a bookworm. The gap in philosophies is too vast.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
If you can’t agree on the core beliefs you hold, you’re going to come at life from different directions and seek different things from it. A superficial person isn’t going to mesh with someone who values character. A devoutly religious person isn’t going to seek a partnership with an atheist. More than likely a socialite isn’t going to want a bookworm. The gap in philosophies is too vast.

It's not what im believe in , What do you mean ?

It's not what im believe in , What do you mean ?

I’m saying MBTI type doesn’t matter as much as personal outlooks. Political views, religious beliefs (or lack of), traditional or non traditional beliefs for the culture you live in, and a code of ethics. The core things that guide a person in everything they do. If those are in direct opposition between two people there’s very little hope that they will succeed relationship wise. I hope that answers your question as to what my post meant.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I heard people saying that an INFP and ESTJ for an example are the perfect example for an unconditional love , because they're so different and the rare cases that they were meant to be they're respect each other difference , for me it's not true this match made in hell and it isn't the perfect example for an unconditional love , What do you think ?
I agree with you.
I agree with the person who said there's no such thing as unconditional love.

We don't know where you "heard people saying" this and we don't know the context.
Perhaps, if they were speaking in scientific and theoretical terms, then on paper, perhaps they might be right,
like saying, these 2 types are the most different from each other,
therefore unconditional love is the only way they could possibly ever stay together.

I agree with the others who have said that a person is more than just an MBTI.
There are a lot more factors when thinking about a potential long-term mate.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
they aren't

I agree with you.
I agree with the person who said there's no such thing as unconditional love.

We don't know where you "heard people saying" this and we don't know the context.
Perhaps, if they were speaking in scientific and theoretical terms, then on paper, perhaps they might be right,
like saying, these 2 types are the most different from each other,
therefore unconditional love is the only way they could possibly ever stay together.

I agree with the others who have said that a person is more than just an MBTI.
There are a lot more factors when thinking about a potential long-term mate.

They aren't might be right , i agree that MBTI is little near another things to consider in a romantic relationship . In what are you agree with me ?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
They aren't might be right , i agree that MBTI is little near another things to consider in a romantic relationship . In what are you agree with me ?
I agreed with your quote which I quoted.
"...for me it's not true this match made in hell and it isn't the perfect example for an unconditional love"

Where did you hear these people making the statement? Do you have it in writing, so we can read it? Was it spoken in a classroom? Was it in this forum?

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
I agreed with your quote which I quoted.
"...for me it's not true this match made in hell and it isn't the perfect example for an unconditional love"

Where did you hear these people making the statement? Do you have it in writing, so we can read it? Was it spoken in a classroom? Was it in this forum?

in a classroom , They're saying that because they're so different that is an unconditional true love which i do not agree

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
in a classroom , They're saying that because they're so different that is an unconditional true love which i do not agree
OK. Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but if the person who spoke has been studying MBTI for 20 years and you've been studying it for 2 years, don't you think there's a possibility that you may be wrong and just didn't completely understand exactly what they were saying?