• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] what's the most important function in mbti ?

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
Jung believed that Introversion/Extroversion was the most fundamental characteristic. It was the one that first got him thinking about personality -- he was intrigued by the difference in how he and his wife reacted to other people -- she was an extrovert. I would say the second most important function is whatever your dominant function is -- Extroverted Thinking, Introverted Intuition, and so on.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The most important function in mbti is the one you have recognized as being underdeveloped in yourself and are actively working on to bring more balance and understanding to your life and interactions with self and others.

Miaumi

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
none,all of them have their own spice,but i personally really appreciate Si because i have the memory of a goldfish,and Ti because i consider myself to be not rational enough,in fact,my favourite MBTI types are ISTP and ISTJ

lifebouy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The title of the book by Myers-Briggs "gift differing" says all. :D

btw, I used to compare cognitive functions with RPG stats and it turns out the most useful function is Se.

But that's for the RPG stats, so that may not say much about the real world..

AdmiralAndGirlsDesu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think I and E are always the most important. I'd say the N/S divide and the T/F divide.

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The way i see it, Fi. I don't think a world without Fi would be one i'd wanna live in.

Pandemeria

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In Isabel Myers' book Gifts Differing, she explains that in extroverts the dominant function is also a person's judging function, while in introverts it's the judging function that we see, but that this judging function is always their auxiliary function. My vote would go to the judging function combined with the perceiving function-not as most important in and of themselves, but most important in identifying someone's type.

DragTV

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
every function is important . that said. the most important function to have polished if you had to PICK one, is Intuition.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most important function will be your own critical thinking skills. And making sure you don’t mistake a map for a dictionary.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i read the OP as asking which dichotomy is the most significant. I can answer that I/E because based on psychological testing, it is the one with the most validity. The other functions are less consistent on re-taking the test, but the I/E designations seem to be more stable for people being tested multiple times. It is also a fundamental difference among people and so I think that dichotomy could be debated to be the most defining characteristic of a person. No value judgments intended here, and I don't read any intended in the OP, but only in the responses.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Sensors funtions , How can you interact with the world when you are a baby xD.