• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Are ENFPs the most introverted extroverts?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The ones I've met irl aren't. Maybe they are more introverted on the internet.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I have always felt that there was an introversion aspect to my personality.. it shows up differently Because of the extroversion/feeling.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well the main thing that makes ENFPs come off as "introverted extraverts" is the dominant Ne.

Ne is an ideas function, mixed with Fi, it can appear they keep a lot of ideas to themselves. But the Ne-Fi mix also makes some ENFPs hate small talk and prefer to get to the root of things. It makes ENFP appear less extraverted.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My parents believe I'm 100% introvert. I'm sort of weird and awkward, and in my early teens I was very closed off from others. Compared to my ESFJ mother though, I'm rather introverted I swear she is the one of the most extraverted people ever. So socially I seem more similar to my introverted dad.
On the other hand, I've been told by two different people in several occasions that I'm one of the most extraveted people they know.
A lot of it probably depends on the context in which someone meets me.
I think I'm a rather introverted extravert though. Can't speak for all ENFPs, but I definitely have quite a few introverted qualities. The only reason I know I'm an extravert is that I definitely lead with Ne. There's no question in my mind about that. From a young age, I was completely and totally a Ne-dom. I think my really prominent Ne scared most of my childhood peers.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oooh, that. Have seen this notion about ENFPs plenty of times over the internet. To make it short: I think the chances are high that ENFPs are the most introverted extroverts as they have Ne and Fi. Ne is a function that doesn't need to be played out loud, so whatever Ne comes up with, it's in the ENFPs minds, so not heard or seen by anyone else. Unless they think they just had a flash of genius, most of what Ne tells an Ne-dom will never be heard by other people.

Mind you, my experience is though, the younger the Ne-dom, the more they have the need to tell you about the treasures Ne unburied. Will get to that later.
Then of course there's Fi, which makes ENFP need more down-time to reflect and/or digest certain feelings, experiences, and also what makes ENFPs do lonesome activities, like drawing, reading/writing a book, watching a movie ...
So that combination of Ne+Fi makes ENFPs at times appear more introverted.

That chimnes with the experiences I made with other ENFPs. There are many factors which determine how extroverted an ENFP is. The younger an ENFP is, the more outgoing - it may take an ENFP a while to understand that most people they come across don't use Ne and don't really know what to do with your Ne-findings. But with time comes the experience to know when an Ne-finding is worth discussing, but I am sure the older an ENFP gets, the less those findings really need to be talked about, for a huge lot of different reasons I won't get into.
Often times it's also a matter of Enneagram type: a type 4 may have more access to Fi, thus using more Fi, being more introverted, you get the gist ...
But even when an ENFP isn't a type 4, they still have enough Fi to act introverted quite often.

Last but not least, when it comes to myself, the times I percieve myself to be extroverted rather than introverted is roughly %60. That's not a lot for an extrovert.