• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] How to navigate an SJ world as an INFP

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I really liked how he points out the not so obvious (to the INFP) "you have to understand WHY the world is the way it is before you can enact the change you'd like to see." He then goes on to explain how to speak SJ and be effective. He's quite insightful.

1) What IS
2) Why something IS
3) How to who make the SJ case. "You've got to able to show them in practical, rational and logical terms why it is. You can't just come to them with 'I have a hunch' You have to be able to back up your hunch with some type empirical or least tangible and measurable data."

In other words, prove it. One could have the absolute best idea ever about X, but it's just a thought if you can't prove it.

P.S. Bryant is an ENTJ

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
The summary sounds more Te than SJ. I doubt that would work with an SFJ. Different priorities.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So many of those comments are cringey as hell. :ack!:

I don't feel that the video is meant for folks like me. I'm not on a mission to change the world.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The summary sounds more Te than SJ. I doubt that would work with an SFJ. Different priorities.

He's absolutely right though on a non personal basis. I've worked with many an SFJ and in the work world that is what works. He is essentially describing how to frame things in an Si way, albeit with a Te bias.

So many of those comments are cringey as hell. :ack!:

I don't feel that the video is meant for folks like me. I'm not on a mission to change the world.

Perhaps it's a 'drive' thing. Many INFP's are enneagram 4 and I note that you are a 5 and an Sp dominant.

P.S. Cool avatar btw. What brand are you smoking?

I’m definitely not crusading for a better world. Call me a pessimist but I don’t see it as changeable. I’ve just tried my best to navigate it and not become overwhelmed by anger and despair that lots of people whether through nature or nurture or both are rotten SOBs.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Perhaps it's a 'drive' thing. Many INFP's are enneagram 4 and I note that you are a 5 and an Sp dominant.

I'm not sure. I do have ambitions, but they have more to do with my visions and goals.

The guy says to try to understand why things are the way they are. I'm naturally inclined to do that. I'd say it's good advice for young INFPs who tend to be naïve. Personally, I like to hope for the best and expect the worst. It would be a disservice to actual realists to say I'm a realist, but I do like to keep things in perspective.

I like the idea of encouraging positive changes but on a small scale. (Not all day, everyday, mind you. Just on occasion.) What's described in the video made me think of something more broad and outward.

P.S. Cool avatar btw. What brand are you smoking?

Only Mr. Bunny knows. I think he should've gone with whatever this is:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like this but I just remembered I signed up for [MENTION=27952]Merced[/MENTION]'s no likes experiment. So it's forcing me to be less lazy and actually think of a response.

I think in general that N types, especially the INxPs, could benefit from learning to speak the language of sensors to better navigate this world.

Oh, and, bail bondsh

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The world is HUGE, if you cant find spots that are not SJ you need to look where you have yet to look. Find keys that provide good probability that the situation works for you.

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kiss their butt, keep your mouth, and stay pure. :')