• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What are the psychologists choice for INFPs and ISFPs best matches ?

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
Are the ENTJ and ESTJ are still the best matches in pschologists choice for infps and isfps ? If yes , Someone needs to change it , This match made in hell , and it is not going well usually ( ENTJ - INFP , ESTJ - ISFP ) Someone need to change it and did they changed it already ?

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no "official" best match in typology, different people have different opinions. The ENTJ/INFP and ESTJ/ISFP matches are David Keirsey's opinion on the subject. What do you mean when you say someone needs to change it? And what makes you say these matches do not go well, personal experience?

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
There is no "official" best match in typology, different people have different opinions. The ENTJ/INFP and ESTJ/ISFP matches are David Keirsey's opinion on the subject. What do you mean when you say someone needs to change it? And what makes you say these matches do not go well, personal experience?

Most precents of ISFPs do not go well with an ESTJs and INFPs not with an ENTJs , Because of it if it is official then someone needs to change it , Are u sure that t isn't official because i saw it written in to many sights ?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The idea was that people are attracted to those strong in their inferior function. As such, Fi doms could be attracted to Te doms.

Others have argued that people are compatible with those with an oposite dominant function, Fi doms to Fe doms, etc.

I definitely feel a strong pull to Fi doms and am married to an ISFP. But it isn't easy. I would likely be more compatible with a FJ, but attraction and love are not always about compatibility.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
There is no such thing as official typology matches, only theories of compatibility. Level of health and ability to compromise/empathize are far more important.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
Believe me fis are not attracting to tes. It has been written even in celebrity types which means it's almost an official

My theory (if anyone cares) is you as an individual are potentially compatible with another individual of any type. The odds are probably favorable/less favorable depending on type but not impossible. I could end up doing well with an ENTJ but I bloody doubt it based off of common traits. Yet somewhere there is an ENTJ woman (okay more than just one) I'd hit it off with. It isn't as simple as putting a personality bracelet on everyone and matching them up at a party. There are unique people under those four letter descriptions.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It has been written even in celebrity types which means it's almost an official

If CT is official then we're all in big trouble lol.

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
My theory (if anyone cares) is you as an individual are potentially compatible with another individual of any type. The odds are probably favorable/less favorable depending on type but not impossible. I could end up doing well with an ENTJ but I bloody doubt it based off of common traits. Yet somewhere there is an ENTJ woman (okay more than just one) I'd hit it off with. It isn't as simple as putting a personality bracelet on everyone and matching them up at a party. There are unique people under those four letter descriptions.

AGREED. A person is more than his or her type, and to limit romantic possibilities to type narrows your relationship pool considerably.

If you've had bad dating experiences with a certain type, it would be a good idea to keep that in mind while moving forward with someone, but a bad idea to shut that person out completely based solely on his or her type.

I would be irritated and hurt if someone who was interested in me stopped the pursuit just because he found out I was an INFP. That would mean that he judged me by a very broad standard, like a standardized test, and deemed me unfit for dating based on textbook type definitions. Not cool, hypothetical pursuer. Not cool.

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
AGREED. A person is more than his or her type, and to limit romantic possibilities to type narrows your relationship pool considerably.

If you've had bad dating experiences with a certain type, it would be a good idea to keep that in mind while moving forward with someone, but a bad idea to shut that person out completely based solely on his or her type.

I would be irritated and hurt if someone who was interested in me stopped the pursuit just because he found out I was an INFP. That would mean that he judged me by a very broad standard, like a standardized test, and deemed me unfit for dating based on textbook type definitions. Not cool, hypothetical pursuer. Not cool.

Even INFJ Is In duality with ESTJ According to socionics , And also isfj with entj and enfj with istj ; Most of the socionics choices aren't true

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even INFJ Is In duality with ESTJ According to socionics , And also isfj with entj and enfj with istj ; Most of the socionics choices aren't true

Never true at all? If you were to create your own system of best matches, how would you do it?

yarin63

MBTI Type
infj
Most potential in true love generally , with a bit taste of mine : INFJ - INFP are the truest love , INFJ - INFJ also , ENFJ - ISFP also Etc.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Worked fine for me.

But people are complex and many factors go into choosing a mate.

For me ISTP(socionics) and INTJ (mbti) are typically spot on. It is definitely easy to have a mutual attraction there. But given a different life, i could definitely see ENF and ISFP, for example, aswell.