• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What Makes You Deeply HAPPY And/Or What do you NEED to be HAPPY?

ChocTiramisu

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
I think a lot of people feel DEPRESSED because they don't live their truth, are trying too hard to fit in, or they don't have time to do what makes them truly happy.
So What Makes you deeply happy and/or what do you need to be happy?

I'm talking about the simple and the complex;
what's politically correct or what's not
What's socially acceptable or not (because no matter how old we get, I think we all feel peer pressure to a certain
degree)
Not what "sounds" good but what really makes you Feel Joy! (Maybe you like chicken salad with chocolate chips on it heck I dunno--lol)
(my answer following)

ChocTiramisu

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
--Sitting in silence (no outside noise)
--Peering out of a window
--Cupcakes, cookies, candy, brownies, pies, cakes (watching them being baked too)
--God surprises (a double rainbow in the sky, a redbird flying across my car windshield, doves on my windowsill, an
ice-cream truck rolling by
--Feeling good physically
--A Great sale
--Time To Rejuvenate and Do what I want with my OWN time (This weekend I have 5 events so who do I turn down, when do I get to rest)
(Too many invites, too many parties, too many get togethers, someone's got a great idea they want to execute and I'm expected to participate), I've probably been part of 10 once a monther clubs---a couple I've loved but the rest? Too much! We live in an era of socializing on steroids and it NEVER stops--even when you're 85! these days. Whatever happened to sitting at home watching tv? I miss that.
--A positive peaceful workplace (where everyone is respectful and easy to get along with)
--Kindness (doing something unexpected for someone else)
--Personal wins (even tiny ones can lift the spirit)

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
My family, a dark night with lots of stars, conspiracy theories, my father's Lebanese cooking, praying, Lord of the Rings, kisses.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- having a good balance of work time and leisure time. (Too much free time and I become lazy, bored and unproductive, too much work and I get overstressed, burned out, and end up slacking as a coping mechanism so I don't get much done anyway.)
- living in and visiting big cities with lots of hustle & bustle, which I find energizing
- sunsets
- crossing bridges over rivers
- taking long walks while listening to music (preferably including a trip over a bridge and views of a sunset)
- getting good grades at school
- doing kind things for people, especially people I love

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
watching my football team win and sex.

Starry

I like the phrase "God surprises" like a rainbow...that is so great.

Nature
Freedom

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Helping someone of great need.

Being an inspiration to others.

☆ Being in at least somewhat good health
☆ Being mentally strong and in good spirits
☆ Listening to and finding new music
☆ Daydreaming
☆ Creating beautiful things
☆ Having hope
☆ Seeing a big possibility that my dreams of becoming a full-time working artist will soon come true

Mole

Permabanned
I don't need to be happy. I regularly feel happy when I look to see if I am happy. There is nothing to do but be happy. Interestingly it is when the outside stirs the inside. The outside is always there like a stout tree, while the inside is running water, that simply has to look at the stout tree to reflect it, until there is no difference between the tree and the reflection.

Ingrid in grids

Things that make me deeply happy:

Meaningful connections with others, even strangers

Transformative art

Reverence for nature

Thinking about the context of my existence in space-time

Interaction with at least one dog per day

Affirmation

--

As for what I need to be baseline happy, I'd say: connection to some form of community, purposeful and meaningful activity, and a routine of self-care.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Deeply happy? Absolutely nothing. When I was little it made me deeply happy to play with my dog.

Things that decrease my level of anhedonia (in no particular order) would be (I was going to make a joke about Maslow's Pyramid, but I'll leave it for another time):

-Being right (like winning bets)
-Starting new projects (never finishing them makes me sad)
-Talking with people about weird thoughts, discussing opinions
-Museums, libraries and insectariums
-Reading books or watching movies covered in a fluffy blanket
-Learning new things
-Sleeping
-Lying on bed with the lights off
-Lying on the grass at night
-Walking barefoot on grass (or anywhere else)
-Streets with lots of trees making a sort of roof
-Winter sun
-The smell of the soil when it rains
-The smell of cinnamon
-Perfumes/Colognes of people I miss
-Forests with lakes in autumn
-Boardgames
-Assorted snacks
-Caterpillars
-Strong wind on my face
-British humour
-Listening to music
-Making people angry (especially feminazis and pseudo-communists who bought their Che's t-shirt and stained it with Coca Cola)
-My computer

What do I need to be happy?

-Willpower

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Tending to my plants I love to grow things, when a seedling first burst out of the soil my heart swells.
being in the car with music blaring singing , I love knowing all the songs and every word to an album.(tear in your hand by tori Amos my whole car knows by heart)
walking into my restaurant every morning and knowing I built something from an idea and turned it into reality
smelling someone when they walk by that reminds me of someone I love or a moment that can't be erased.

00Hikaru00

MBTI Type
INFJ
Being with people I love
Sunshine
Gentle rain
Listening to good music
Being able to buy the things I want

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well it depends what you speak of. I mean if we're talking big things, I would say God's grace and love for me certainly brings me happiness. Music brings me happiness. Samuel Larsen... *rolls eyes at self*. Wonderful caring friends can make me happy. But there's all the little things too.

Like walking outside and a robin, just walking nearby. Watching him eat a plum with delight. Or finding a small flower blooming near a building at my college campus. Odd place for a tulip to grow, but beautiful flower. When the sky is sunny with just a few clouds and a small cool breeze in the air to make everything feel refreshing. When your favorite song comes on the radio. When my little sister gives me a hug randomly. My cat frolicking all over the house just to catch a single small fly.

The little things is what makes life worth living still.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
What makes you feel happy?

-Humanitarianism.
-Acts of virtue that preserve our faith in humanity.
-Seeing people happy and becoming a better version of themselves.
-Watch loved ones as they rise above their harships and prevail.

-Women that live up to that description.
-Men and brothers manning the hell up.
-Leading my ship into victory.
-Creativity.
-Spontaneity.
-Decisiveness.
-Generosity.
-Forgiveness.
-Exacting justice unapologetically.
-Murders. Reading novels about murders and solving them, precisely.
-Executing plans, just as planned.
-Fine and pleasurable dinners with exquisite women. Or, breakfast.
-Do prehistorical caveman bonding with my fellow men.
-Destroying my previous records in everything.
-Demonstrating to myself musical prowess on instruments.
-...etc.

What do you need to be happy?

-Me.

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Loving everything and everyone....but it also makes me hate myself because of the warped society we are in that doesn't value emotional intimacy, realness and love.
Discussing amazing ideas for revolutionizing everything!
Coming up with ideas for new games and movies and music.
Being gidddy and friendly with people
Nature
MUZAK!
Yo momma (or the next hottest chick) next to ma loins!!
PEACE n BLISS n MEDITATION
Being politically incorrect and downright distorted, childish and leftfield
ACTING (coloring outside the lines tho)
Saying dirty and inappropriate things to girls....and then hating them afterward (yeah that was totally my shadow talking HALP!)
Being a loser celibatary recluse who feels good about himself because he hates the whole world cause he is better than everybody else

Service and giving...I'd spend my whole life just giving if I could....but people get triggered easily when it comes to the positive side of the spectrum of emotions
Skiing....altho I've never done it
Travelling...
Subway stations
ART!!!Hit me with something new and original
PLaying videogames
Shit I dunno!....