User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Default Do you feel weird in conflict/standing up for yourself?

I guess the two are different things; standing up for yourself doesn't always have to be conflicting. I hate conflict, I hate being assertive and I struggle to do so (might be a confidence thing.) I had a few issues, spoke calmly of them with the person, all was resolved. There was no fight. So why do I still feel weird? Why do I even feel bad?

Does anyone else struggle with this? Is it cognitive functions at play or is it conscience or what?

Destroyer of Souls
    Enneagram
    741 so/sp

I have the kinda same issue as you do with conflict. I think in general its a 9 thing as nines fear separation from others so they can struggle to stand up to others which is a way to get separated from others. I think it could link to many cognitive functions but a main one is hmmmm id say Fe as Fe wants outer emotional harmony as that would be the main one.
    Likes Flâneuse, Froody Blue Gem liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

No.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have a pretty strong Nine component and yeah, I hate conflict. I'd rather have a mutual discussion, share ideas / be informational, and reach a consensus together.

If you see me getting harsh and taking really strong stances, they are things I have come to believe in ... but inside I'm still kind of cringing and I feel unsettled and out of sorts regardless. It's not my preferred engagement mode to just fight.

However, I've learned in life sometimes scrapping is necessary. And I have definitely had to learn to be direct and make clear-cut decisions and stick to them, simply to get things done that I have responsibility over.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Not anymore.

No, never did, I just wish I had it to do less often, its become extremely wearing.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Brainz View Post
    I have the kinda same issue as you do with conflict. I think in general its a 9 thing as nines fear separation from others so they can struggle to stand up to others which is a way to get separated from others. I think it could link to many cognitive functions but a main one is hmmmm id say Fe as Fe wants outer emotional harmony as that would be the main one.
    That sounds accurate. I'm all about harmony, I like it when things are calm and everyone is getting along. And even if you need to talk about things, you know.. you don't want to rock the boat. I feel better using my voice, honestly, and I think I need to really get used to that. But it's so weird.
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    I have a pretty strong Nine component and yeah, I hate conflict. I'd rather have a mutual discussion, share ideas / be informational, and reach a consensus together.

If you see me getting harsh and taking really strong stances, they are things I have come to believe in ... but inside I'm still kind of cringing and I feel unsettled and out of sorts regardless. It's not my preferred engagement mode to just fight.

However, I've learned in life sometimes scrapping is necessary. And I have definitely had to learn to be direct and make clear-cut decisions and stick to them, simply to get things done that I have responsibility over.
    I think I am the same way. And I have a 9 in my enneagram too! I definitely need to get used to speaking my mind, and I don't really go for it unless I feel like I need to, if there's something I strongly believe in. But beyond that, I don't speak up, unless something is really bothering me. Even then it's hard, but I guess I need to get used to that. I was told I wasn't wrong/didn't hurt anyone's feelings (and I made it clear I wasn't trying to hurt anyone, and I would never go out and hurt someone's feelings just because, either.)

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    583 so/sp

To be honest life without any conflict is often quite boring to me, from what I gathered I can even get depressed if thing are constantly too nice. Therefore quite often I hear that I should be nicer to people or less opinioned. To some degree I can do that but eventually you have to give me some place to unleash all the energy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

No.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.