User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    613 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

It depends on the occasion. Sometimes I enjoy conflict, moreso after they're done, because it can be thrilling and energizing to actually get angry and riled up. Outside of that, I often find myself uncomfortable because I'm not a great speaker and tend to get plowed over verbally for not speaking fast enough/being too polite or spewing out nonsense, making defending myself particularly difficult (or near impossible). Also my self esteem is pretty bad, so typically if I'm forced to defend myself, I buckle at the knees and apologize for being in the wrong even if I'm far from it. Back when I had a "hero complex", bullies would use this knowledge to get me to shut up when I was trying to defend friends. Defending others is a lot easier/less mechanical for some reason though in terms of conflict.
    - 6w5 3w4 1w9 - sp/so - INTP -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Sometimes I don't know how to. The more I analysis the situation, the better I feel and lose the "obligation" to just take it. Just walk away bro, just walk away. It's kinda funny, I remember this toxic individual, I said, "I'm done with you," and began to walk away... she literally grabbed me by my shirt, swang me down to the fucking chair and screamed, "YOU DO NOT WALK AWY FROM ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU." LMFAO. I swear the nerve of some ppl, they're godamn demanding.
    I learn to not take responsibility for other people's problems, matured enough to deal with mine and so should they...especially when I have plenty to worry about my own problems. It's crazy how many ppl think you owe them shit, you don't.

Don't believe anyone who say that you have to put up with it. Speak up, tell the world. They may start to watch what they say around you if they know you're telling others. Be a bad guy for once in your life.
    There was a time, I used to look into my father's eyes.
    In a happy home, I was a king I had a golden throne.
    Those days are gone, now the memories are on the wall.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I grew up around conflict so it was also necessary for survival and became more instinctual. But outside of family bickering I honestly never have fought anyone that I recall now that I think of it. Like not really. I'm easy going and if someone is yelling at me I've been quiet because I rather not make it devolve into an actual fight since I'm not normally violent. Unless I'm really really unhealthy, which I've read in 9w8 and even if it isn't so common it's probably more common unhealthy way when they're sx dom like me. I have actually been a lot better lately, though. I'm normally not a violent person, just grown up learning that I had to be defensive. But if someone has something wrong with me I'll press them to tell me what it is, or if they're upset. Even if it upsets them. Because why keep your feelings hidden away if there's something wrong? Tell me so we can grow together as I'll be aware of it.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-Ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so

In theory: the wings create a strong 4ish imprint

How fascinating the mind is.

Likes Hexcoder liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

If you get emotional standing up for yourself you’re doing it wrong and need more practice. Same goes with conflict.

The less emotional you are, the less violent it tends to end up.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    If you get emotional standing up for yourself you’re doing it wrong and need more practice. Same goes with conflict.

The less emotional you are, the less violent it tends to end up.
    Sometimes the person starting to fight with you gets emotional and yells at you. Sometimes it's hard to just remain calm when you've endured it all your life and are sensitive to their angry energies. Assholes abound. And it annoys you that they're so ridiculous and illogical. People freak out over the stupidest shit sometimes.

But I do otherwise prefer a detached approach. But a detached approach isn't always possible. Sometimes that pisses them off more too. can't win
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-Ti / Logical

9w8, 5w4, 3w4 sx/so

In theory: the wings create a strong 4ish imprint

How fascinating the mind is.

MBTI
    INTP

I used to be very averse to conflict, but I care less and less about it with time and practice.
    Almost too Ti to function.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by I, Tonya View Post
    she literally grabbed me by my shirt, swang me down to the fucking chair and screamed, "YOU DO NOT WALK AWY FROM ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU." LMFAO.
    Whoa OnO that’s messed up!
    Almost too Ti to function.
    Likes I, Tonya liked this post

Sober revelations Hummingbird Spirit's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESi None

I actually tend to struggle to stand up for myself. I will get intense anxiety over it and question myself. However if someone I care about is being bullied, pushed around, etc. I have absolutely no second thoughts into telling someone to fuck off. It gets me into trouble often. XD I am not honestly the best at communicating in emotional states at all though, so overall if something upsets me I cause unnecessary or unintentional dramas.
    These were the lovely bones that had grown around my absence:
    the connections—sometimes tenuous, sometimes made at great cost, but often magnificent—that happened after I was gone.
    And I began to see things in a way that let me hold the world without me in it.
    The events my death brought were merely the bones of a body that would become whole at some unpredictable time in the future.
    The price of what I came to see as this miraculous body had been my life.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kanra13 View Post
    Sometimes the person starting to fight with you gets emotional and yells at you. Sometimes it's hard to just remain calm when you've endured it all your life and are sensitive to their angry energies. Assholes abound. And it annoys you that they're so ridiculous and illogical. People freak out over the stupidest shit sometimes.

But I do otherwise prefer a detached approach. But a detached approach isn't always possible. Sometimes that pisses them off more too. can't win
    Not detached, just not emotional. It might be hard, but it’s not as hard as you think.
    Likes Hexcoder liked this post

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    Not detached, just not emotional. It might be hard, but it's not as hard as you think.

What's the difference between being detached and unemotional