• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF-NT pairing

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
Half of that relationship consisted of me wanting to stab myself in the head.

I'm with you!! I dated an INTJ for a helluvalongtime before she also chose to break it up. While it's true that I miss the companionship, gawd I'm happy to come home and not have to enter a carefully organised world of abrassive know-it-all attitude.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i'm in a 21 year relationship with my intj hubby. and it's been pretty amazing the entire time. he's smart, decisive, independent, loving, sexual, and a good provider--likes to work and keep busy. i'm drawn to istp's, but think for a primary partner, intj is my perfect match.

Phenix

MBTI Type
INFP
intj + infp = death by a thousand cuts
can't be pleased + desperately wants to please = living in a minefield
doesn't express feelings + lives on expressed feelings = emotionally starved
scheduler J + unscheduled P = always a day late and a dollar short
been there, done that, no thanks

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP and INTP ... lots of things in common, but kind of a false compatibility that ended in a train wreck.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intj + infp = death by a thousand cuts
can't be pleased + desperately wants to please = living in a minefield
doesn't express feelings + lives on expressed feelings = emotionally starved
scheduler J + unscheduled P = always a day late and a dollar short
been there, done that, no thanks

Are you a female? I've gotten the opposite out of female INTJs... They are wonderful when healthy. I'll safely say that INTJs are on the top with ENTJs and ISTJs for the most attractive people to me.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
May I admit something? I feel like INFPs are the irresistible force. Like they can have whatever/whomever they want because they're so mysterious and strong. I always feel unequal to them. :(
HAHAHAHAHA Yeah, right. I wish I could have whatever/whomever I want. I always feel unequal to everyone else. And I haven't had any situations that have proved me wrong...

Your post was very flattering, though. :) Btw, I think you and my mom and all other ENFJs are awesome and I wish I could be you.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
May I admit something? I feel like INFPs are the irresistible force. Like they can have whatever/whomever they want because they're so mysterious and strong. I always feel unequal to them. :(

hahahaha! really? hehehahahaha! :yim_rolling_on_the_
hoohoo...hehehehe! I can't even say anything! :D

If only it were true..... :cry:

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx

:blush: Would you mind telling the people around me that? But thank you very much for the compliment. :D

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I could never marry an NT. Sorry guys, and I don't think with where my soul's at, an NT would want someone as Spiritual as me..they've seemed to not really like it. And it's who I am, so it just wouldn't work out.

I'd definitely go for an NF, no questions asked. I'd need the depth and romanticism. The spiritual aspect, all about love. I couldn't marry an S, nor an NT.

I'm rather surprised so many NFs and NTs end up married. Obviously, you'd think that their values wouldn't match, and marriages are value based, so it seems like a contradiction to me.

My dad's tried to have relationships with NTs, he's an ENFP, and they have never worked out.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could never marry an NT. Sorry guys, and I don't think with where my soul's at, an NT would want someone as Spiritual as me..they've seemed to not really like it. And it's who I am, so it just wouldn't work out.

I'd definitely go for an NF, no questions asked. I'd need the depth and romanticism. The spiritual aspect, all about love. I couldn't marry an S, nor an NT.

I'm rather surprised so many NFs and NTs end up married. Obviously, you'd think that their values wouldn't match, and marriages are value based, so it seems like a contradiction to me.

My dad's tried to have relationships with NTs, he's an ENFP, and they have never worked out.

I feel this in a way also....I've dated a few NTs and I'm too sensitive for them. I've even dated religious/spiritual ones, and they were still lacking the compassion and caring I want in someone. Their stubborn black & white view of others & the world was a big turn-off. They saw themselves as objective, and I saw them as having blinders on & not grasping the full picture.

I'd like another NF, but I'm open to different types still. I mean, I'm not going to be closed off to an individual simply because I perceive them as an "incompatible" type.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NT men with NF women = okay.

NF men with NT women = sitcom material

Gengar

MBTI Type
INFP
INTs are always fun to talk with.

I don't think enough credit goes towards their timely, dark, sarcastic comments.

staytuned7

After being in a long, grueling and (let's not forget to mention) unhealthy relationship with another INFJ, I haven't really seen the attraction in other NFs since. It's not as if this relationship tainted my view of them, per se, but it certainly made me realise how hard it was to be involved with another Feeler (being a strong Feeler myself).

However, my Feeling, as strong as it is, is kind of convoluted and weird. I don't need constant reassurance and I'm not a lovey-dovey kind of person. All of the Feeling relationships I've been in (including the aforementioned one) have been a little too mushy and a little too...feely...for me!

I gotta say, I love love love the NT way of expressing affection. To me, that is the essence of romantic. I get all fluttery inside just thinking of it! I really do like someone who isn't going to tell or show me that he loves me all of the time. It makes the times that he does show or tell me that much more special. Also, the way in which NTs (particularly INTs) express these things are subtle and it takes a certain amount of concentration and...hahaha...intuition to pick up on these signs. It's so much fun and so rewarding.

Also, throw in the fact that I love a good intellectually stimulating conversation about some theoretical idea (as well as learning about that theoretical idea) and you've got a great match! Just as long as they understand that I'm run by my feelings and don't judge me for it, I find myself to be quite fulfilled by NT relationships. :D

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
I had nearly 22 years with my ENTJ - borderline on the E and J, moderate T, strong N. Of course it was work, what relationship isn't? That we had the N in common helped a lot, though.

Sign me Wood Widow now...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last time I dated an NT I ran off from the emotional intensity I felt directed at me. I'm hoping I can handle it better now that I'm older.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Idealist-Conceptualist
The choice of a NT Conceptualist mate seems to hold the best promise of success for Idealists. But since the NTs are such a small percentage of the general population, it is often difficult for an Idealist to even find an NT. The basis of their successful compatibility is that NFs and NTs both live primarily in the world of abstract concepts-the world of theories and possibilities, of insights and symbols. After dating more down-to-earth, literal minded Experiencers and Traditionalists, and Idealist's first encounter with a Conceptualist can be a revelation, putting the NF in touch with a new and intriguing type of person, someone eager and able (like the NF) to dream the world, to build castles in the air, and to see far distances with the mind's eye. Also fascinating is the Conceptualists calmness and autonomy, two characteristics which give the NT a strength of character-a firm grasp of who they are-that the easily ruffled, soul-searching NF greatly admires, and would like to emulate.

These Idealist-Conceptualist relationships do not always remain harmonious, of course. Conflicts of NF emotional expressiveness against NT self-control, of NF intuition against NT logic, and of NF ethical or humanitarian concerns against NT technical pragmatics can prove challenging in even the best Idealist-Conceptualist relationships. Indeed, NFs often come to regard thier NT mates' resistance to expressing emotion (although INTP and ENTP do express their emotions more than the INTJ and ENTJ types), their seeming aloof rationality, and their preference for what works over what's right as barriers to be broken down, or at least chipped at with the Pygmalion's chisel. But while the sparks might fly-or maybe because of the sparks-Idealists take to Conceptualists as to no other temperament.

Idealists - Myer Brigg's Personality Types

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I have an INTP and an ENTP friend, both of them have a stable Fe (While the INTPs comes from a tough household and the ENTPs is probably more of a 'hey... this is useful' situation.)

My INTP friend has been my best friend for 7-8 years (a little under half my life) and we get along very well. I hate debating with him because I always get grammatically cornered. He acts a lot like the INTP teacher lady I had (stronger F than most NTs), NF women should try him on for size and watch him clam up like Raj :D

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had nearly 22 years with my ENTJ - borderline on the E and J, moderate T, strong N. Of course it was work, what relationship isn't? That we had the N in common helped a lot, though.

Sign me Wood Widow now...

:sad: