User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    °Nt

Default Is shared Ne good in a relationship? (ENTP & ENFP)

Relationships between dominant Ne? Thoughts?
    The nature of my sine is 23.4 at best.

Saturn's Amethyst
    MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    749 so/sp

As a Ne dom I can speak lol. Hmmm ENFPs I tend to get on very well with due to our shared dom Ne meaning we can talk for hours on shit and have lots of fun but it can be like hmmm water skaitng then diving. We water skate on the Ne sea having shit tonnes of fun but eventually typically the ENFP will want to go diving into the sea so to speak to get deeper and thats where we differ so to speak with the Fi/Te vs Ti/Fe. Its like we want to dive differently. ENFPs in general want to exolore feelings far more than ENTPs and also very internally which can turn me off as an ENTP if its not backed up by Ne.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think Cat made a really good commentary. I always want to get emotionally deeper and Cat tends to tease me for it. XD
    Likes Dreamer, Red Ribbon liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

It depends on if the individuals are capable of handling opposing judging axes. Especially since one's creative function is the other's point of least resistance. But mature individuals of any type can be in stable relationships.
    EII - Fi - INFj
    9w8(963, The Mediator)
    sx/so
    SLOEI

Ive met ENTPs that i would give a go, but as a rule, Ti and Fi tend to fight like cats and dogs. They need a whole lot of communication crash courses before they can relax around each other. Granted, Ne with its drive to investigate every angle can make a great teacher/bridge/mediator so you never know.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Ive met ENTPs that i would give a go, but as a rule, Ti and Fi tend to fight like cats and dogs. They need a whole lot of communication crash courses before they can relax around each other. Granted, Ne with its drive to investigate every angle can make a great teacher/bridge/mediator so you never know.
    Thats Te and Fi thats like cats and dogs. Just like Ti and Fe. Its supporting functions that cause it, not Ti and Fi. As a dom Ti i have yet ...as in NEVER...to have issues with a sane dom Fi. Not always a good understanding, but they dont spiral as both are about understanding and learning not fighting.
    Likes chubber liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Thats Te and Fi thats like cats and dogs. Just like Ti and Fe. Its supporting functions that cause it, not Ti and Fi. As a dom Ti i have yet ...as in NEVER...to have issues with a sane dom Fi. Not always a good understanding, but they dont spiral as both are about understanding and learning not fighting.
    If we re talking healthy types, then ime, we all get along just fine. But i definitelyhave the opposite experience re: Te and Fi At least with Te, i get where they re coming from. And, their ego is usually vested in the same thing as mine : values, no matter how different they are. With Ti, they typically are invested in their mind, their thoughts and their values stem from that and are considered an extension. It often leads to arguments where neither party even realizes that they're in fact having two different arguments entirely, causing an unbridgable rift.

But sure, it is technically possible to bridge that ego divide through the perceiving function and fin the commonalities in Xi which allow you to be on the same page for the discussion. Ive just seen it happen a lot more rarely than the other way round, myself
    Likes 1487610420 liked this post

MBTI
    STP

If we re talking healthy types, then ime, we all get along just fine. But i definitelyhave the opposite experience re: Te and Fi At least with Te, i get where they re coming from. And, their ego is usually vested in the same thing as mine : values, no matter how different they are. With Ti, they typically are invested in their mind, their thoughts and their values stem from that and are considered an extension. It often leads to arguments where neither party even realizes that they're in fact having two different arguments entirely, causing an unbridgable rift. But sure, it is technically possible to bridge that ego divide through the perceiving function and fin the commonalities in Xi which allow you to be on the same page for the discussion. Ive just seen it happen a lot more rarely than the other way round, myself
    I actually find that issue you are explaining more with interverted perception then Ti. Introverted perception seems to be stuck in an internal perception of things they cant break. Its one of the easiest ways to pick up dom Pi types. Because even though short term you think you are good that perception of theirs keeps rearing it head back to previous even if it causes them issues due to the nature of how it works. Its a side i recognize in me and balance with Se by Ti judgement. Because i know what i percieve is not always accurate in the big picture...i have to revert to extraverted perception to fill in the picture so i can get a better judgement and understanding. Now Te and Te can work through things easily...not Fi and Te. Fi and Fi can work through things as well because of the common judgement even though they may not agree. Fi and Te are polar opposites, Ti and Fi are not due to both being introverted. They have a yin and a yang in regard to same and opposite that allows it to balance.

I am not basing this fully on my experience with people...the most half ass dysfunctional relationships are those with matching FiTe in opposite strengths....same with FeTi opposites. Granted i also think that alot of people woupdnt know fully functional relationships if it bit them in the ass as we teach half ass protectionism relationships as if that some how makes things better. Avoiding horrible as opposed to going after awesome.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I actually find that issue you are explaining more with interverted perception then Ti. Introverted perception seems to be stuck in an internal perception of things they cant break. Its one of the easiest ways to pick up dom Pi types. Because even though short term you think you are good that perception of theirs keeps rearing it head back to previous even if it causes them issues due to the nature of how it works. Its a side i recognize in me and balance with Se by Ti judgement. Because i know what i percieve is not always accurate in the big picture...i have to revert to extraverted perception to fill in the picture so i can get a better judgement and understanding. Now Te and Te can work through things easily...not Fi and Te. Fi and Fi can work through things as well because of the common judgement even though they may not agree. Fi and Te are polar opposites, Ti and Fi are not due to both being introverted. They have a yin and a yang in regard to same and opposite that allows it to balance. I am not basing this fully on my experience with people...the most half ass dysfunctional relationships are those with matching FiTe in opposite strengths....same with FeTi opposites. Granted i also think that alot of people woupdnt know fully functional relationships if it bit them in the ass as we teach half ass protectionism relationships as if that some how makes things better. Avoiding horrible as opposed to going after awesome.
    Proof reading this made me laugh...because Te is known as protector of Fi...the irony and the loops.

Permabanned

If we re talking healthy types, then ime, we all get along just fine. But i definitelyhave the opposite experience re: Te and Fi At least with Te, i get where they re coming from. And, their ego is usually vested in the same thing as mine : values, no matter how different they are. With Ti, they typically are invested in their mind, their thoughts and their values stem from that and are considered an extension. It often leads to arguments where neither party even realizes that they're in fact having two different arguments entirely, causing an unbridgable rift.

But sure, it is technically possible to bridge that ego divide through the perceiving function and fin the commonalities in Xi which allow you to be on the same page for the discussion. Ive just seen it happen a lot more rarely than the other way round, myself
    clash in perception or clash in judgement. no free lunch. pick your poison