User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Where Would You Rather Live: City or Country?

I would rather live in a city but preferably a small one. NYC etc. is a no go. Way too many people for an shy/indecisive soul like me.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.
    -a wise soul

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу PumpkinMayCare's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    714 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Small town. City is too much for me, country too boring and the people there too close-minded most of the time.

I wish we were all rose-colored too
    My rose-colored boy

You say, "We gotta look on the bright side"
    I say, "Well, maybe if you wanna go blind"

MBTI
    INFP

The country. Anywhere else, you can't see the stars. Plus, having no neighbors is wonderful. In the country, you don't feel watched.
    "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." --J.R.R. Tolkien
    Likes Upnextup, Population: 1 liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

City, so all the stuff is near you.

johari
    nohari

City. I have gotten tired of living in less populated areas, and learned I don't do as well in low population areas. It feel confining. Luckily I am moving to a big city in 2 months.
    It is our duty to create meaning.

If only it were that simple.

The country. No light pollution, noise pollution, people packed together in an automobile exhaust filled concrete maze. Preferably only an hour or two drive from the urban madness, just for convenience.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker

Fortunately I live in the Bush Capital, Canberra, Australia.

Canberra is designed to be the Capital City of a Continent, but we don't build on the hills, so the Bush comes right into the heart of the city.

So Canberra is the perfect combination of the city and the country, click on canberra - Google Search

A city definitely, and a big one at that. Preferably one on the west coast too, but I would also like to live abroad someday. I'd choose a city over the country because I like nightlife with people hanging around at all hours despite me being extremely shy and introverted. I think it would drag me out the house more often because there's usually all kinds of cool things to see and do in larger cities, so I wouldn't get bored as easily. Furthermore, they tend to have many burgeoning art scenes, a community I very much hope to become affiliated with soon enough. Plus I'm not a huge nature lover, so I think I'd get bored in the country for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Fortunately I live in the Bush Capital, Canberra, Australia.

Canberra is designed to be the Capital City of a Continent, but we don't build on the hills, so the Bush comes right into the heart of the city.

So Canberra is the perfect combination of the city and the country, click on canberra - Google Search
    I totally get you and I prefer mixed as well.
    After all I am from the city/capitol that is also "mixed".
    Likes Mole liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Hinterland is my pick, in a way it's like being in the country but not quite as far away from civilization. There's more space, less crime and everyone is just more relaxed & peaceful in general. Some hinterland regions are only 15-30 minute drive from city CBD's too!

I did live in the hinterland for a long time but moved to the coast for work, the coast isn't too bad (it isn't much like a city at all, just more suburban so there's more people) but I do miss the privacy, fresh air and night sky of the mountain ranges.. not to mention the tank water.