• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Where Would You Rather Live: City or Country?

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Country. But with good wifi and appropriate firearms for snakes and escaped prisoners. My ideal hideaway would be close enough to the city to obtain all my necessary creature comforts.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If forced to choose strictly between the two, I'd choose the City, yet I'm more of suburb type. The whole idea of country living doesn't appeal to me in almost anyway (who wants to live on some big piece of property to maintain, where you have to deal with crappy wifi connection and no one to hear you scream when some escaped prisoner breaks into your home), and while I'd been more comfortable in a city setting compared to a country one, I'm not a big fan of the fast-paced lifestyle that comes with it.
I know other city people who buy land in the country and think of it this way. I would love to have a big piece of land, but maintaining it would never cross my mind. I would leave that to Mother Nature. Humans assume they have to impose something on whatever they own, starting with their yards and the extensive work to maintain it. It is not how I think. At most I will buy bags of wildflower seeds and toss them about the forest in hopes some come up after the rains. Otherwise there is no maintaining to be done, but only experiencing.

Anyway, I'd love to live in a cabin in the woods, but would need internet access. I'd even haul water and live with minimal resources. I have lived that way when the pipes froze in the past.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmmm, probably the city for a change of pace. Change of pace cause I've lived in towns with 1000-2000 people all my life except this tourist town on the coast of Maine(which is like 6000 people). I like to imagine living in a little studio apartment in Seattle or Japan. I'm not a fan of the noise, but there's just more stuff to do. Restaurants, malls, fun classes, the gym, conventions. It's easy to just take a nice walk downtown and get out and explore. I definitely like small towns though; I like nature and it's just fascinating seeing what life is like in the middle of nowhere, removed from the city and having its own quirks.

At the moment though, I'm lucky to have the best of both worlds. I live in a small town, but it's right next to a small city. Outside my house I have a big backyard with wild turkeys and then down the road is Five Guys.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
*envy burns like green fire*

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think I'd go crazy with boredom if I lived in the country.

Coll

MBTI Type
INFJ
country for sure but wifi for necessity. so maybe rural outskirts of a major city.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably the country, but with a group of likeminded people. I've always had a dream of owning a big farmhouse with a few close friends as well as my boyfriend, and obviously enough space in the house for everyone to coexist peacefully.

I love the city because of all the colorful people and the various kinds of live music. But I always feel kind of jam-packed together when I'm out there and I desperately need my own space. I guess that's why I want the best of both.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Probably in a city because I slack in house chores, prefer instant/fast food, and do not cook as often. Healthy diet of course, but with some meals at home and some ordered outside. Handling extra things seems to burden me to the point that I only got just enough space to take care of myself only.

Talking in being in a country, I've been in one before back in China when we had to go with the whole family to my grandfather's grave. The house back then was already nice and comfort to live on, with fans so we don't have to worry about the weather. But still, the night is without noise to the point that your ears sound, completely point black dark at night, and with me finding either a switch or a torch if the electricity ran out. No good...

yubitzu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd like to live in a house with a backyard big enough to grow trees.Trees that can grow fruit,I mean.
I'd also like to grow mushrooms(gourmet ones I mean) and potatoes.But also something about countryside isolation makes me feel unsafe.So my answer is that im not sure,maybe a tiny city.