• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Procrastination

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I procrastinate if starting a project gives me anxiety. Lol there are times like, 'This assignment is due on Monday. Holy crap, what if I don't make it?" Then I spend a great deal of time trying to overcome my anxiety. I end up doing distracting things, until I no longer have enough time to finish the project according to my high standards. Then I may end up not turning in anything at all. That has happened a few times, silly as it sounds.

For the most part, I find it difficult to start working on it. I use something like the Pomodorro technique, or I tell someone I'm going to start to hold myself responsible. Once the thing has been put into motion, it's quite easy to keep it going. I always may end up dropping something like homework or assignments if I feel like there is no use in doing it.

I shamelessly admit, I procrastinate on doing chores around the house and as a result, my home can end up being a messy place. I hate having to clean up or do laundry tho I try my best to keep things organized.

I think the first thing you described may have something to do with perfectionism? Like, you either have to do it perfectly or not at all. I've got the same problem going on. I can't really say if it's a bad thing though, because if it's not harming anyone to delay an appointement for something onto a later date, so you can do whatever needs to be done "right" by your own measurements, then what's the problem with doing so? Situations like these are stressing me out, though.

I often procrastinate on doing the chores as well. Sometimes I do it happily, because I'm looking forward to a clean appartment, on other days I wrinkle my nose because of it. It's just such an ungrateful duty, it's never really done, always keeps coming back and you waste so much time on it you could've spent with something more interesting. Irrrk. :unsure: