• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Have you ever dyed your hair an unnatural color?

What unnatural color have you dyed your hair?

• Red

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

• Turquoise

• Blue

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Purple

• Magenta

• Pink

• Rainbow

• Grey/Silver

• White?

• Black?

• Total voters

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've done: Purple black, Blue, purple, Red, Orange, and Blonde.
I naturally have black curly hair.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Black (Imagine that)

Dark Blue-Black. Red streaks. Blonde streaks. Blonde.

I'd like to try partially a dark joker like green sometime. Also dark purple. And eventually white or more likely black with white streaks. Just extreme creative ideas I may or may not one day do. But those aren't always acceptable in the work environment and all that, so ... probably will stick with just Black for a while, unless I let my hair go back to it's natural color but I get bored with the same thing for very long.

Maybe I'll just get a wig.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, in my teens and early 20's. It's been blue, green, and purple.. It really damaged my hair because it's naturally black so I had to bleach the shit out of it. :(

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when I was 16 I did purple and now my hair is dyed black

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I did teal with purple ends once when I was 16. It didn't really suit me, maybe it was my skin tone(which is an olive shade). I can't even think of a unnatural color that would suit me. I think if I do dye my hair again, it'd be a shade of red mixed would my natural hair(so if I do a half up half down style, the ponytail would be red while the rest would be brown).

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
highlighter yellow, and pure bleach white. in HS

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
No Falcarius' distinctive outer plumage covering hair are naturally multicoloured; see avatar.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Five years ago in India, thanks to a distant cousin of mine taking me to one of her hair salon friends (to cheer me up), I had my hair cut in a funky little pixie with a huge dyed red streak on the longer side. I still fondly look back on that time as my “Indian rebel” experience. :D

Needless to say, Mom freaked out when my sister and I came back home. :blush: By then the dye had faded to a lovely chestnut brown. (It lasted for at least another year before I got my full original color back.)

[Girl in the dark pink sari was me, hehe.]

D89E107B-1AE1-4F0B-997C-4C74A85974C3.jpeg

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Back when I was in my "It's not just a phase Mom" phase, I did it twice.

Here's how I looked, back when I wasn't opposed to having long hair or wearing makeup...

qeDk7yb.jpg

Pretty basic red.

lKW0T4T.jpg

Sorry about the shitty filter, but it was blue. Not as evident as the red against my black hair... but it was there.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Here's how I looked, back when I wasn't opposed to having long hair or wearing makeup...

qeDk7yb.jpg

Pretty basic red.

lKW0T4T.jpg

Sorry about the shitty filter, but it was blue. Not as evident as the red against my black hair... but it was there.

Ooh that’s so cool - I can’t decide which one was better, they’re both awesome dye colors though! :heart: (Blue also happens to be my favorite color lol)

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

qeDk7yb.jpg

Pretty basic red.

lKW0T4T.jpg

holy shit I loveee the second one

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does it count if I bleached it and blonde hair is unnatural for us African Americans? lol

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my late teens/early 20s:

Atomic pink, with black tips

512JZSjl6pL.jpg

Electric blue (up in liberty/punk spikes, I briefly picked up the nickname Sonic, ha)

41wY4yQe7FL.jpg

Special Effects was the name of the brand. Semi-permanent, but kept pretty well.

My natural hair color is almost black, so I had to bleach it first. I would recommend going to a professional to do this, so you don't damage your hair too much (I went full DIY back then, burnt my scalp once).

@ The OP- if light pink is what you're after, search Google Images for "Special Effects dye Cupcake Pink." That may be what you're looking for.

Since about 2015, I've been rocking a L'Oreal Féria hair color that starts off a deep cherry unnatural red, then slowly fades to a rich, natural-looking auburn over the course of a month. It's like I get the best of both worlds. I didn't have to bleach my hair for this to come out nice & vibrant, so my hair's a lot healthier, these days.

If you go with home hair color, always check out reviews & frequently asked questions on that particular brand & shade.

4 yrs after this post— I stopped coloring my hair a year & a half ago, just because it was too much of a hassle/I couldn’t reconcile the monthly cost. All of my grays show up in my dark brown hair now, & I have a single streak of black hair at the front of my head, a birthmark. I used to hide it throughout elementary school by keeping my hair parted dead-center, because I’d been picked on for it, among other things. I’d honestly kind of forgotten about it. I love it now. It’d be cool if it remains darker than the rest of my hair when I’m fully gray in [probably] another 20yrs.

I actually find this natural mix of colors more ‘fun’ than the artificial ones I’d done in the past. It’s kind of witchy. :)

Bacopa

MBTI Type
intj
Nope. I hardly even comb it. My hair has a life of its own

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, but it looks really amazing. eg; This guy's hair looks like grass growing out of soil. Not for me since I don't like green, but it looks really rad:

I wanted an ombre (?) style when I had long hair, but now that it's short, I'd love something subtle like this. It looks like a silvery-blue sheen:

Faery

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd have to choose nearly every color on this list, but the color I had the longest was pink. Bleach blonde, red, green, turquoise, blue, purple, pink, brown, and black.