• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What's your sense of personal style?

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm really interested to hear what you guys have to say. :) I feel like there do tend to some what be trends in style based on type. And even if there aren't, it's still pretty fun to hear about. What you think what you wear says about you and how others receive it-

I'll start: I'm an INFJ and I tend to wear mismatched comfortable clothing . . .in other words, I have no style. XD The only thing characteristic though is that I tend to wear and enjoy wearing bright clothing. So there's that . . .

How 'bout you?;)

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
Over the years I've had other women borrow my clothes, apparently I have good taste. That said, I don't have any particular style or trends I follow. I know what is becoming on me and what isn't.

I bought 2 ankle skirts this week. Very earthy with a few beads. I'll wear it with a Tee and flipflop. My idea od dressing it up would be a small clunky sandle with some sort of bohemian shirt. I dislike loud clothing, never sparkles or anything glittering.
Something comfortable, heels a no no, those days are over, I've become wiser. If I like it and it fits comfortable I don't look to match it. I've worn some get up that cause tongues wagging lol. Comfortable, earthy, airy without spending time putting together. I do me, what I'm happy with, I've never been interested in trends, I like creating my own individual look, whatever that is. :shrug:

ISFP I guess. An enneagram 4 also.

I wear a lot of off-the-shoulder and reconstructed tees, ones I decorated myself, crop tops, band tees and regular, plain spaghetti straps or long sleeves. Cardigans and sweaters in colder weather. I almost always wear some form of pants, usually in the form of jeggings or leggings. Some have holes from overexposure to exercise, but I just embrace it, ha. I have some with tribal patterns or some other form of interesting graphic on them, but plain black is my go-to. I own both the high-waisted and low-waisted varieties. I tend to wear a lot of accessories as well, both hand-made and ones crafted by someone else. I only wear dresses on special occasions, which is a once in a blue moon occurrence for me. I usually look ridiculous in them because of my body shape, a long and athletic inverted triangle (ugh). So I usually stick with pants and shirts, which is what looks best on me, but I also don't really mind because I'm not a fan of overly girly attire. For shoes, mainly boots like Doc Martens with long, cotton socks scrunched down at the top. I never ever wear stilettos because I'm not a fan of high heels in general (plus I can't walk in them haha). I'm tall enough to avoid them altogether though, luckily for me.

Overall, I wear a lot of black with some pop of color here and there. I despise too much earthy tones. For me, there needs to be something that stands out from the beige, whether it's in my clothing or my hair. At the moment, I am sporting a dark magenta/dark rooted hair look and absolutely love it. I don't follow any trends and actually hold disdain for the fashion industry, so I keep all of their fashion bull magazines away and just do whatever feels right for me. The styles I'm influenced by all range from different eras: mostly bohemian, punk, grunge, glam, goth, witchy and in general 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s attire. Patti Smith, Stevie Nicks, riot grrrl, hippie yogi, that sort of thing. I guess in more simplistic terms I would describe it as artsy and individualistic. I also never used to wear much make-up, but have lately been experimenting with bold eye shadows and the like. Admittedly, I used to think it was a superficial way of decorating oneself, but I see it as more of an art form now. It really is a beautiful form of self-expression, imo.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm really interested to hear what you guys have to say. :) I feel like there do tend to some what be trends in style based on type. And even if there aren't, it's still pretty fun to hear about. What you think what you wear says about you and how others receive it- I'll start: I'm an INFJ and I tend to wear mismatched comfortable clothing . . .in other words, I have no style. XD The only thing characteristic though is that I tend to wear and enjoy wearing bright clothing. So there's that . . . How 'bout you?;)
I'm an INTJ and I prefer to dress in simple, economical and somewhat understated clothing. Dark, solid, earthy tones are preferable and not too many different colors. Nothing too flashy, I prefer a more modest look, and I like it to be somewhat classy; think 1800s suits and overcoats and the like

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ooh, fun topic idea!

I like to wear mostly turquoise, blue, green, purple, black and gray and tend to stick to darker shades. I feel like bright colors are too noticeable and I dislike sticking out or having people stare at me. I almost always wear dangle earrings, and I like to get my clothes at thrift stores because there's more room for uniqueness and creativity. At main-stream stores, I feel like the vibe is: "this is what's in fashion. Wear it!"

I almost always wear dangle earrings and then either jeans or capris depending on the temperature. I absolutely have to have my jeans fairly fitted. Baggy pants make me feel sluggish. Ugh. But I love loose and flowy tops. I also really like to tuck skinny jeans or jeggings into high-top converse or knee-high converse or converse spin offs. I'm not big into skirts.

When it's cold I like sweaters with scarves and either boots or converse. When feeling fancy, I'll sometimes do a dark-colored dress with a fedora. I'll also do long-sleeve shirts with either a shawl, poncho, vest, or light jacket over them. For hot weather I'll just do a short-sleeve top or a tank top with either converse or sandals. I'm not a huge fan of summer fashion, tbh ... sometimes I'll wear a turquoise summer dress but never feel like myself when doing so. LOL. My favorite summer look is probably taking a button-down blouse, rolling up the sleeves, and wearing it open over a tank top or short-sleeve shirt. I have a dark green button-down blouse that I love to put over this T-shirt that looks like it's made out of newspapers. *nodnod*

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
Over the years I've had other women borrow my clothes, apparently I have good taste. That said, I don't have any particular style or trends I follow. I know what is becoming on me and what isn't.

I bought 2 ankle skirts this week. Very earthy with a few beads. I'll wear it with a Tee and flipflop. My idea od dressing it up would be a small clunky sandle with some sort of bohemian shirt. I dislike loud clothing, never sparkles or anything glittering.
Something comfortable, heels a no no, those days are over, I've become wiser. If I like it and it fits comfortable I don't look to match it. I've worn some get up that cause tongues wagging lol. Comfortable, earthy, airy without spending time putting together. I do me, what I'm happy with, I've never been interested in trends, I like creating my own individual look, whatever that is. :shrug:

I love earthy, flowy clothing. Sort of fantasy like. If I had a sense of style, that probably would be it. ^_^

Blue jeans. Silky like material in my shirts. I wear a lot of blues, greys, and black with a bit of green thrown in (being my favorite color). I usually like sharp looking black jackets and I usually wear sunglasses.

When I was younger I was a total punk, wearing leather jackets and Doc Martens. I had a mohawk and at one time the more uncommon Misfits inspired devil lock.

Atomic Fiend

I wear whatever is in the closet. I mean I prefer cloths that keep me snug, like long sleeved shirts, and skinny jeans.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Mmm maybe there's an inkling of type weaved into personal style? I feel it may have to do with your environment and surroundings, growing up, experiences, life views, all that. Basically everything that isn't innate. But, we'll see, maybe there IS a trend between types!

So, for me, the reason I say experience and surroundings above, is because my personal style sort of incorporates a little of everything in my life that's stuck over the years. Trends come and go, and something may speak to me within that trend, and I may incorporate it, but not always. I do like to get into character depending on how I feel that day, my emotions do have a large say in how I feel like presenting myself. (Just a guess, but maybe perhaps that's an FP thing? Wishing to ensure the external aligns with the internal??)

I notice I also tend to pick up things relating to style dependent on where I live at the time. But again, any time I pick something up, it has to feel right when I wear something a certain way. What feels right? I have to try it out once first, then yay or nay. It's not just the clothing itself though but absolutely everything tied to that clothing. The aesthetic of it, the style attached to it, the image attached to it, everything. Then applying that clothing, how does it make me feel? I'm sort of doing all these micro judgements everytime I see something new and think if I'd want to incorporate that into my style.

So what's my current style? I have NO idea haha. But it's some blend of NY arts scene, Contemporary Architecture influences, with, get this... A SoCal beach vibe, thanks to my current residence haha. Oh, and I hate sloppy fitting clothing, it has to be slim to match my body type.

I type as ENFP and does it have to do with type? Mmm wouldn't say no immediately. I mean, I could see Fi and Si at use here... Who knows? :)

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am either ESFJ or ISTJ
nonetheless
My young age sense of style involved the most horrible case of clashing colors you will ever see. I felt very stylish though. I loved my extremely bold fashion statements. I have always been attracted to gothic/punk fashion and I have been mingling in it a little as well, mixing and matching stuff. I am a little more muted than I used to be but ultimately my desire for bold fashion statements still stands.