• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Have you ever experienced BPD?

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
And your BPD makes you two different person?

One is serious and the other one very happy like you're on drugs?

And then, has this happened to you?

Someone liked you on your serious state, but when he seen the high energy state he's got turned off? XD

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is BPD? Bipolar personality disorder? I was diagnosed with it, though not ENFP

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
If this is borderline personality disorder than no. Ive been diagnosed with different things by different people but Ive never been diagnosed eith a personality disorder.

Bipolar. Yeah. Ive been diagnosed with that. And... well. Whatever the cause- whether its THAT or something else- its not been fun. When people treat you with 'crazy' gloves- doctors- pharmacists- friends- like somehow you are less... it sucks.

Its no fun to feel miserable. And its no fun to feel... crazy and out of control either. I blame myself for it too- theres a deep shame that comes from the feeling of being your own... mental enemy. Its no joke. None of it.

Starry

I have not been diagnosed with BPD. I have been diagnosed with Inattentive ADD and Anxiety though.

Whenever I've experienced what is being described in the OP it has been in the opposite way/direction. There have been times I have felt I am only worth my happy, inspired, positive outlook self...and any seriousness or negative emotion on my part defeated a dude's purpose for wanting me in their life.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have been on the receiving end of BPD, except it was not happy. It was anger, that will turn me off of the person. Well, the jittery energy frequently turned into anger. I have known someone else with BPD that just becomes paranoid and has a good control on it as long as left to his own free will. They don't bother me at all. My roommate says she is bipolar, no issues with her at all. I dont think she is diagnosed, not 100% sure she is bipolar. She is moody though, but she seems to have it under control to a degree. I usually treat them normal though unless they are on an episode that can become dangerous, and then I am on HIGH alert for others around me getting the repercussion. Other then that I usually treat them based on how they are acting, not as if they are always having some episode or on the edge of having one.

Maybe I should say friend instead of roommate. Its a friend who is staying with us in our house so she can focus on school for now. Been about 4 months so far, no issues whatsoever with her.

Starry

If this is borderline personality disorder than no. Ive been diagnosed with different things by different people but Ive never been diagnosed eith a personality disorder.

Bipolar. Yeah. Ive been diagnosed with that. And... well. Whatever the cause- whether its THAT or something else- its not been fun. When people treat you with 'crazy' gloves- doctors- pharmacists- friends- like somehow you are less... it sucks.

Its no fun to feel miserable. And its no fun to feel... crazy and out of control either. I blame myself for it too- theres a deep shame that comes from the feeling of being your own... mental enemy. Its no joke. None of it.

This is a great post.

alice-in-wonderland-mad-hatter-quotes-Favim.com-272664.jpg

^^I'm not posting this to be "cute or inspirational". I'm posting this in 100% seriousness

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is a great post.

alice-in-wonderland-mad-hatter-quotes-Favim.com-272664.jpg

^^I'm not posting this to be "cute or inspirational". I'm posting this in 100% seriousness

Its the ones who dont think they are that you have to worry about.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
Jung said ENFPs or maybe NFPs in general split off from themselves, I think this could contribute to them looking like they have a split personality. I'm pretty sure I have some sort of BPD. I'm happy most of the time, yes even when people assume I'm sad ( Hum, I never did understand why they do , could be RBF that leads to this assumption. That said I can go from being over the moon happy, to in tears sad, not frequently though. I might come back to this later, gotta run .

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so

True. Yea. I mean bipolar. XD

I experienced shit too but i always remind myself, I'm stronger to control my thoughts.. And not my thoughts to control me..
11e794ee401a81eed6069e61a19b4ba4.jpg

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I have not been diagnosed with BPD. I have been diagnosed with Inattentive ADD and Anxiety though.

Whenever I've experienced what is being described in the OP it has been in the opposite way/direction. There have been times I have felt I am only worth my happy, inspired, positive outlook self...and any seriousness or negative emotion on my part defeated a dude's purpose for wanting me in their life.

Aww I've watched the.movie. Thought it was crap but not. XD

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I have been on the receiving end of BPD, except it was not happy. It was anger, that will turn me off of the person. Well, the jittery energy frequently turned into anger. I have known someone else with BPD that just becomes paranoid and has a good control on it as long as left to his own free will. They don't bother me at all. My roommate says she is bipolar, no issues with her at all. I dont think she is diagnosed, not 100% sure she is bipolar. She is moody though, but she seems to have it under control to a degree. I usually treat them normal though unless they are on an episode that can become dangerous, and then I am on HIGH alert for others around me getting the repercussion. Other then that I usually treat them based on how they are acting, not as if they are always having some episode or on the edge of having one.

Maybe I should say friend instead of roommate. Its a friend who is staying with us in our house so she can focus on school for now. Been about 4 months so far, no issues whatsoever with her.
I see. I think the negative impact of it should be already diagnosed i guess. With CBT. Cognitive behavior therapy

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Jung said ENFPs or maybe NFPs in general split off from themselves, I think this could contribute to them looking like they have a split personality. I'm pretty sure I have some sort of BPD. I'm happy most of the time, yes even when people assume I'm sad ( Hum, I never did understand why they do , could be RBF that leads to this assumption. That said I can go from being over the moon happy, to in tears sad, not frequently though. I might come back to this later, gotta run .
Me too. I have this resting sad face. Lol xD when I'm just normal faced someone asked if I'm sad lol

That's annoying

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
True. Yea. I mean bipolar. XD

I experienced shit too but i always remind myself, I'm stronger to control my thoughts.. And not my thoughts to control me..
11e794ee401a81eed6069e61a19b4ba4.jpg

This is tough for me because... sometimes it feels like I DONT control my thoughts. That... Im confused- my thoughts are so confusing- that I can only hope my actions- can only try really hard to make my actions... 'normal' or 'normal enough.'

But its a good messege I suppose. That nothing can defeat you- that you are stronger. But... Well theres just a 'but' there- one that exists less with decent self care and awareness- but one that always is still there.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
This is tough for me because... sometimes it feels like I DONT control my thoughts. That... Im confused- my thoughts are so confusing- that I can only hope my actions- can only try really hard to make my actions... 'normal' or 'normal enough.'

But its a good messege I suppose. That nothing can defeat you- that you are stronger. But... Well theres just a 'but' there- one that exists less with decent self care and awareness- but one that always is still there.
Have you tried cognitive behavior therapy?

Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 2006_-_cognitive_behavioural_therapy_for_dummies_-_wilson__branch.pdf

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

Yep it helped. But only so much it can do. Theres a reason why... there are so many people out there with mental illnesses who are either untreated or- undertreated. And its because its hard. It is a constant fight with yourself/your hrain- every day. And sometimes... because of various things including- fear of stigma- medication reactions- lack of funs- medication just... not being effective enough(it doesnt always- or I think even usually- fix everything)- just general frustration- you lose the upper hand.

Theres a reason why its an illness- and thats because it pervades so many aspects- most every aspect- of a persons life. Like being full of red and blue wires- connecting everything together- and not always being sure which ones to cut. Its scary. Which will help if pulled and which will cause you to just- blow the fuck up.

Anyways. What Im trying to say- its not always a quick fix. Or a mind over matter thing. I wish it was- but its just more complicated than that.

But yes Ive done CBT and it has helped. But even still- Im not cured or anything and I will always struggle in some ways that are just part of... a part of my brain chemistry that try as I might I can never truly- really change.

Anyways. I dont mean to be preachy. Its just... this stuff is serious. It effects me a great deal. So I feel like- I just need to post about it and just... yeah. Say what I feel needs to be said. No one would choose to have a mental illness- because its full of what ifs and self blame and just- confusion and pain. Of trying but failing and then feeling bad- like you just arent trying enough. That you never will be able to try hard enough. I dunno.

I dunno man.

You make interesting threads.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know someone who I suspect is affected by bipolar psychosis. Curious what the major signs are and if they line up with what this person exhibits.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At this point I don't know if I have Bipolar or not(if I do it's probably milder than those I've been on the receiving end of) ... I've been unhealthy for a while now so it's hard to tell. I'm also a 9 too which means I'll normally have that fear of losing others dear to me... but my experiences with whatever I am are less severe than some full blown bipolars I've been on the receiving end of trying to use me for stability. The type that threatens their well being in various ways to keep you with them... which has happened... I've had that need to grasp those dear as well, but I've never threatened to kill myself over shit. Or actually tried it... they did.

I'm probably still a little fucked up from the experiences to fully know.