• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP Trivia - how do you score?

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
I got this from this site:
PersonalityDesk - Learning Center

Interesting facts about the INFP:

* On personality trait measures, score as Artistic, Reflective, Careless, Sensitive, Flexible, and Appreciative

* Among least likely to suffer heart disease

* In men, among least likely to report chronic pain

* Second highest of all types to report marital dissatisfaction

* Among most likely to have suicidal thoughts in college

* Tend to be more successful than the average in learning a foreign language

* Among types most likely to be dissatisfied with their work

* Personal values include Autonomy and Creativity

* Overrepresented in occupations in counseling, writing, and the arts

Any thoughts? Personally I wonder what statistical data they're quoting - just the population of USA?

On a personal level, I don't identify with some of these points.
Heart disease - I was born with it and have had two surgeries. And if it's about lifestyle-related heart disease, I have a pretty unhealthy life.
Suicide - Never really dwelt on it, don't think I ever will.
Foreign language - I've always left these efforts halfway and really the only language I can honestly say I know well is only English.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm kind of lazy- being a P in all but I wonder if they got a random sample of people or not for this survey. If it was randomized or not makes a BIG difference!

However, from looking at the data... I would say that it is easy for an INFP to lead a healthy life simply because material possessions don't matter as much to this type as it would for others.

One of my favorite subjects has been math and numbers don't intimidate me though, I hate the idea that just because you're an F means that you are crappy at any subject that matters in the world.

I can relate to being interested in writing (people who associate me with being a math/science kid were surprised that I actually spend a good portion of my time writing short stories, poems, and novellas), the arts (I'm a poor artist BUT I've always enjoyed looking at art and love art museums) and counseling.

As for counseling, I would say one of my greatest gifts isn't my ability to understand abstract concepts quickly but rather my ability to empathize with people. I sympathize too easily and too readily with others- however, I know how to deal with people if they turn on me- so why not give them the benefit of the doubt at first?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I'm skeptical because MBTI isn't scientific, so making correlations with it is a bit hard to swallow. But I can see how some of the character traits that are often associated with INFP by people who beleive in MBTI could make a difference in those.

For example, INFP's are often associated with passiveness, which I think would cause issues in employment satisfaction and marriage.

But the stuff like chronic pain and heart disease, I have a hard time seeing how that is measureable...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
* On personality trait measures, score as Artistic, Reflective, Careless, Sensitive, Flexible, and Appreciative

Any thoughts? Personally I wonder what statistical data they're quoting - just the population of USA?

hmm..well seeing as I'm only 16, some of these are yet to occur..but..

-I have an innocent heart-murmur, but it's not at all dangerous, and I'll probably outgrow it..

-Never suffered any chronic pains or illness' in my few years of life..

-I wouldn't say that I am "extremely" talented in my foreign language, but I work hard to maintain good grades..

but other then that, these seem like they fit :)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I can somehow understand the heart disease thing. Being as lazy as me has it's advantages. Veins in my head dont burst and neither does the heart I guess. I know when I am stressed and try to not get in those situations.

And I don't easily report pain. I have had my spine hurting for over a month now because I wrestled on hard floor. It might be a fracture in the bone, it doesn't feel like muscle pain. I guess I could go see a doctor, but I usually don't do that... last time I saw a doctor was when I had chronic pain around my heart many years ago. It turned out to be nothing, maybe the ribs were a bit tense or something. I guess I think that the doctors would only give me pain killers. I don't like the idea of eating them all the time just because my back is a bit stuck.

The other stuff, I can see myself that way. Maybe the least "me" thing there is the suicidal thoughts. I did think a lot about death in high school and imagined how it would be if I never existed, but I never would have killed myself.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I have always been among the top 3 students when learning foreign languages (they happen to be obligatory here). I get good results from biology, chemistry etc. and they interest me more than linguistics, but my best grades have always come from foreign languages.

I have a very high blood pressure for my age, but that's because of purely genetic reasons. Because of that I lead a healthy life-style, eat vegetables, exercise daily, am abstinent from drugs etc. I don't want my aorta to blow up when I'll be in my fifties - that has been the traditional way of dying in my family... ;)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I get good results from biology, chemistry etc. and they interest me more than linguistics, but my best grades have always come from foreign languages.

Actually, this was the same for me too.. I didn't exactly LIKE being on English class, but it was the best number I got from my final exams ("ylioppilaskirjoitukset", I don't know how this would translate in English. Its a really big set of exams at the end of high school).

I think this is because intuition. I mostly make really good educated guesses about the words I don't recognize. In fact, there are huge amount of words that I can't translate from English into Finnish because I know exactly what they mean but am unable to articulate the meaning in my own language.

snowflurri

MBTI Type
INFP

I do have to admit, I am quite careless, usually because I'm not paying fulla ttention to the situation and thinking about something else.

about marital dissatisfaction and health, I have yet to experience that at 16!

In foreign language, well, I do better than most in my class so I guess that's KIND of true.

personal values are spot on.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think this is because intuition. I mostly make really good educated guesses about the words I don't recognize. In fact, there are huge amount of words that I can't translate from English into Finnish because I know exactly what they mean but am unable to articulate the meaning in my own language.
Do you really think this is intuition, in the MBTI sense of the word? By function, do you think it would be Ni or Ne? Sorry to interrupt, don't feel compelled to give a long explanation or anything.

Last edited:

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I can see this..

Good to know.

I don't have chronic pain, but I do have back issues.

I can believe it.

Oh yeah.

I'm currently learning 5 languages.

I get bored easily.

Yeah, this is a must.

Not surprised.