• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Marijuana

Carmensandiego

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hi!

Does anyone else find that marijuana helps them process their emotions?

When I'm in the middle of an emotional fit, marijuana brings me out of it immediately. I start breaking down the situation and find the root of my immensely painful feelings.

I have tried quitting several times. I'm not sure if I've built up a reliance & my brain doesn't try to process without it OR if it's actually helpful.

My emotions were shit on during childhood (grow thicker skin), so I've been using marijuana this way for about 13 years. I fear that I've messed up my cognitive functions.

I want to be able to process without external things:(

Thoughts?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
giphy.gif

Carmensandiego

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
How does it feel to be a double Aries with a Cancer rising? Angelina Jolie is a Aries moon, Cancer rising...but she has a Gemini sun, which probably helps her balance things a bit. Do you have any air in your chart?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi!

Does anyone else find that marijuana helps them process their emotions?

When I'm in the middle of an emotional fit, marijuana brings me out of it immediately. I start breaking down the situation and find the root of my immensely painful feelings.

I have tried quitting several times. I'm not sure if I've built up a reliance & my brain doesn't try to process without it OR if it's actually helpful.

My emotions were shit on during childhood (grow thicker skin), so I've been using marijuana this way for about 13 years. I fear that I've messed up my cognitive functions.

I want to be able to process without external things:(

Thoughts?

Different strokes; different folks. Do you want to quit or pull back? If so, I think you should listen to that. Weed can be used or abused too.

I do recognize smoking and emotions aligning. Things that were hazy emotionally are very clear. I've made decisions while high I do not regret. Things became so self-evident. So I understand your thinking of emotional clarity. However, if you specifically need weed to make these decisions, it's not good because it usually means if you're sober you're repressing a whole lot of stuff.

Pull back. Think about the things you came to conclusions about on weed and reflect sober. Be honest. Go through it sober, too. I do think weed pulls out some stuff but you can't rely on it. You gotta do the work sober too. It will give you some steps to moderation.

Carmensandiego

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Different strokes; different folks. Do you want to quit or pull back? If so, I think you should listen to that. Weed can be used or abused too.

I do recognize smoking and emotions aligning. Things that were hazy emotionally are very clear. I've made decisions while high I do not regret. Things became so self-evident. So I understand your thinking of emotional clarity. However, if you specifically need weed to make these decisions, it's not good because it usually means if you're sober you're repressing a whole lot of stuff.

Pull back. Think about the things you came to conclusions about on weed and reflect sober. Be honest. Go through it sober, too. I do think weed pulls out some stuff but you can't rely on it. You gotta do the work sober too. It will give you some steps to moderation.

Great advice - thank you!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How does it feel to be a double Aries with a Cancer rising? Angelina Jolie is a Aries moon, Cancer rising...but she has a Gemini sun, which probably helps her balance things a bit. Do you have any air in your chart?

I'm new to astrology so I will have to work this out :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Get high on music and vibes. Light yoga and long savasana if you're into that. Whatever makes you feel similarly zoned.

Carmensandiego

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Get high on music and vibes. Light yoga and long savasana if you're into that. Whatever makes you feel similarly zoned.

Thanks! I practice yoga. However, I still have trouble utilizing it when I feel overwhelmed. I'm working on that:( thank you for your great recommendations:)

Carmensandiego

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's totally fine - it's all about self-awareness. What is your experience of your emotions, who you are and how you project yourself? Do people often think you are more sentimental than you are? Do you wear your heart on your sleeve? Are you angry often? Those types of things.

So, to figure it out just check out your life experience and see if you're experiencing these energies. If not, what are you experiencing? There's so much more to the equation (houses, aspects, etc) but first thing is first.

Cheers!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks! I practice yoga. However, I still have trouble utilizing it when I feel overwhelmed. I'm working on that:( thank you for your great recommendations:)

I haven't done yoga in over a year lol. I just figured since you were introverted maybe you were better at doing that while you're overwhelmed than I am. I just do my best to give myself the space and environment I need. Just that overall kindness to yourself I think is key. <3

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It helps to approach everything in moderation.

At whatever point pot becomes legal where you live (if it isn't already), you could have a dialog with a doctor, since it is prescribed for PTSD and anxiety disorders. There is a knee-jerk reaction that says if you can't handle your emotions and use street drugs that it is assumed bad, but it may be that you have real anxiety issues that most doctors would prescribe something to moderate. The current pharmaceuticals for those conditions are often, much, much, much harsher than weed.

Perhaps you can pull back a little and only use it for when you have a more extreme emotional state, but try to regulate the emotion yourself when it is only mild or moderate emotional state? The main thing I'm reading in your OP is a question about whether you feel in control of your usage? If that is the case I think it would be good for you to pull back somewhat to regain a sense of being in control of when and why you use it. And then if you can ever get a chance to talk to a doctor about it, then that could also be helpful, but I absolutely would not use pot and a pharmaceutical for anxiety/depression.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Marijuana's most significant impact on my state of mind is paranoia- which is important for me, because without it I have a nearly unwavering confidence that is constantly under threat of turning into arrogance. It is a mostly negative experience for me, but an important grounding one that keeps my perspective objective. If I smoke a joint, suddenly maybe I'm not hot shit like I thought, and maybe my interactions that follow will be more humble and effective.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Marijuana costs infps their partners, the calm is only in the moment, more often its the cold turkey...

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I've smoked mj for almost 20 years, practically daily. Believe it or not : in moderation. Like a stickie each evening as a means to relax. I have other ways too, like running, playing music, gardening.
I've never used it deliberately to get in touch with feelings or to process important stuff. Rather the opposite, to ease my mind.

But yeah, I've definitely had revelations or insights about personal problems while high. Some more valid than others ;)

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

double aries with cancer rising... that's like a warmer, more friendly version of my combination. definitely the fe to my fi.

to answer op, yes, but i get panic attacks when i smoke weed, so i probably won't develop an addictive habit. i can't even remember the last time i smoked.