• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP Mannerisms

BookLady

MBTI Type
ENFP
Have you noticed that enfp's make jerky or spunky or quick movements? My daughters love to playfully mock my animated reactions to things. It seems I can't talk without using my hands (and I am not even Italian!)

I am not even aware of the 'dramatic' aspect of how I communicate but apparently it is always there. When they imitate me, it is embarrassing and I ask, "Do I really look like that?!?!" They smile and say, "yessss..."

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
You should see me get passionate in a heated debate. Im liable to hit someone in the face!

Not joking...its happened...lol

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh goodness... and it gets worse when I'm tired. Some lame anecdotes:

1) I'm in line to get food, thinkin' about Mr. Handsome behind me. Out of the blue, I snap my head around and look square at him with a goofy smile on my face. He gasps. I turn back around, get my food, and only later realize how weird that was for him.

2) I'm bored at work and falling asleep, so I decide to get some tea. I literally jump up, grab my mug, trip over a trash can, and stumble to the door. My supervisor gasps then laughs at my clumsiness.

I'll spare you #3.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't feel like leaving the people I'm with requires an explanation so long as I'm coming back soon. I'm out at dinner... Whoosh, I'm up to check out a painting on a wall or to check out the food again, etc. It feels so natural to do this, and I often leave my chair out because I'm up and out so fast. I am drawn to the new object and the chair, table, people, etc. all of the sudden matter much less...

I tell a story, and the story IS the point. Other people's stories lead to a point, so I can really disappoint in this area.

Mighty Mouse

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have taken the "dance of the hands" to even a higher level.

I train and I use my hands to teach. So if I am saying the word 'concise', my hands will draw a square in the air. It's actually very effective.;)

And, yes, people love to imitate it too and tease. What is even funnier is that when people spend some time with me, they start using their hands like I do almost as a reflection.

I find the behavioral psychology fascinating...

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ENFPs can be phenominal mimics in both body language and speach. also great with word play

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I didn't think I was quite as expressive as I am.. but I am constantly told my facial expressions are very openly dramatic, and it couldn't be plainer than an open picture book what I was feeling or reacting to.. I also flail my arms a lot. I don't mind being picked on for it all though, it's just the way I am.

Lizzy1813

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha...I'm studying ASL (American Sign Language), which seemed like a good idea with all my theatrics and everything...but now I REALLY have a hard time not talking with my hands!

And yes, people usually make fun of my gestures when I talk, though they typically think it's because of the signing...

And yes, I have gotten into intense signing exchanges and hurt myself--from head hitting to hand whacking--multiple times. :blush:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
^^ ASL is extremely full body expressive. I took a beginner class for a few sessions and I was really surprised how similar to theatrical warm-ups and just plain acting and pantomiming our classes were.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was a bit too shy and repressed in high school to do theatrics.. I wonder if I'd have done better in school had I gone through with it since I did do beginner classes for it in middle school..

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Drama classes are great for people to get in touch with themselves and emoting and just expressing themselves -- especially ENFPs! It's just fun.

Freya

MBTI Type
INFJ
hehe, my mom is an ENFP. When she talks to anyone, she is always VERY expressive and often bangs on the table (if we're at dinner or something). She has a lot of trouble sitting still and when my family sits down to play a game or something, it takes her forever to "get situated."

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP = Drama Queen in a funny non-dramatic way. Just out their to grab that spotlight... not because we want it, but because everything people say can conjure up a funny idea in our head that can be vaguely related (Ne) but extremely entertaining and of need of immediate release to the public...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I tend to be both emotionally expressive and physically animated when I speak, and boy oh boy do I gesticulate.

:yes:

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
As far as gesticulation is concerned, I am known to talk with my hands quite a bit.
When i'm getting into a good story, telling it to a crowd of people (as I do just about everyday at college), my face lights up and the story builds. I keep everybody's attention and just socially whore myself into their minds.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I kind of envy you guys for your expressive nature.

i used to be shy as hell. i would stay quiet in class unless nobody knows the answer and i would break my silence just to get things rolling. eventually though, my NF said "why should you care what anyone thinks if you're doing nothing wrong?" and i started talking more and more. it takes time man, practice makes perfect.

hathor_sekhmet

MBTI Type
INFP
i used to be shy as hell. i would stay quiet in class unless nobody knows the answer and i would break my silence just to get things rolling. eventually though, my NF said "why should you care what anyone thinks if you're doing nothing wrong?" and i started talking more and more. it takes time man, practice makes perfect.

:D

Eh, I can be animated for a short span of time, but I get tired easily. Then I retreat into myself and am like :peepwall:. That is the drawback of being introverted, I guess.

Go ENFPs!!

351Stang

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

Hah, i was the same way from the time i was born to the end highschool.
But since i've graduated and started working i've just said the hell with it and have become a complete goofball and it's really made me loads happier and a much more enjoyable person to be around :)

And yes, i am very expressive with both my hands and face when i'm talking, i even like to use props if they are available.
My ENFJ mom is the same way too, you could be deaf and still understand what she is saying because she is very animated and uses her entire body when she talks. Between the two of us i think we kind of drain the energy out of my INFP sister and INFJ dad.

Oh and HI!, its my first post :hi: